Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Is is true that Cyrax and Sector alt costumes (human costumes) are actually different character and did not get patched and where banned at few tournaments because of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

You need to do it 3-4 times with my VSHG, that's not unusual.

I tried about a dozen times with each stick, no joy.

It's possible I was unlucky I suppose, but it seemed like an especially contrary PS3.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I tried about a dozen times with each stick, no joy.

It's possible I was unlucky I suppose, but it seemed like an especially contrary PS3.

Maybe there was just something wrong with the PS3 then, as I've Ps3-ed my vshg since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Azza wrote: »
    Is is true that Cyrax and Sector alt costumes (human costumes) are actually different character and did not get patched and where banned at few tournaments because of this?

the are technally diff chars as certaint moves
    (ie.cryax net and bombs or sektors rockets)
    have different frame data as on the robot kostume they come out of there chest, to them bein banned no, it was there klassic kostumes that were banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

It's actually the responsibility of the player to bring the right equipment to play in every tournament I've been to, be it stick or pad, so if a tournament organiser is forced to give someone an advantage, he can't really be blamed :)

The adapters are these little usb dongly things you can buy off various sites. Stwv0Knev0, the Irish rep in Evo, had to use one- he's a xbox pad player and evo is exclusively ps3.

I don't want to link one as I don't use them myself so I don't know which one is good.

EDIT: Here's one- this isn't what was used though.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/xbox-360-to-ps3-usb-wired-controller-adapter-converter-100cm-cable-42000
    So all I'd need is a wired controller which i have, and to pic one them up for comps?

Do buttons map themselves or do you have to do that yourself?

Sorry for annoying questions!

• Advertisement

So all I'd need is a wired controller which i have, and to pic one them up for comps?

Do buttons map themselves or do you have to do that yourself?

Sorry for annoying questions!

They're not annying :)

Sadly I just don't know- I've never been in the situation as I play stick, and stick is stick no matter which system it's on!

But I do know yes you HAVE to have a wired pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

the are technally diff chars as certaint moves
    (ie.cryax net and bombs or sektors rockets)
    have different frame data as on the robot kostume they come out of there chest, to them bein banned no, it was there klassic kostumes that were banned

Your Mileena should be banned :mad: and tag should also be banned as it ensures that I dont even get the odd jammy win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Paraxis

So can anyone answer me was the comp the other week on both consoles?

Yeah it was a ps3 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

Maybe there was just something wrong with the PS3 then, as I've Ps3-ed my vshg since.

I used your stick for marvel on the PS3 in the corner that day so it worked for that game anyway

eco2live wrote: »
    Your Mileena should be banned :mad: and tag should also be banned as it ensures that I dont even get the odd jammy win :)

haha thanks man :D
    i consider myself more dangerous with reptile and baraka then good old mimi
    but i do get alot of (hate)mail bout her when use her,maybe i should put in more time with her the lab

• Advertisement

ok i just saw the boards.ie mk avatars, could some explain why is mileena black?
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Alright I find it extremely frustrating to find threads here, ANYONE going to this SFAE thing in Belfast next Sat interested in setting up some MK Kasuals?

Im from Newry and kan't make it to Dublin etc. for Tourneys but Belfast wud be reasonable. To be honest a lot of SF players don't seem interested at all so Im looking for actual MK fans in N. Ireland or other fighting game fans tht like the game.

Kontact me: vulgardudefromhell@hotmail.co.uk
    Twitter: OriginalRazer
    FaceBook: John Razer (The one with Lone Wolf and the MK Dragon Logo)

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Im from Newry and kan't make it to Dublin etc. for Tourneys but Belfast wud be reasonable.

Newry is pretty much halfway between Dublin and Belfast.

The difference between the distances is only about 20 minutes

NewryBelfast.png

NewryDublin.png

You kould make it if you konsider it.

Newry is pretty much halfway between Dublin and Belfast.

The difference between the distances is only about 20 minutesNewryBelfast.png

NewryDublin.png

You kould make it if you konsider it.

Belfast is still easier.
    Dublin is really dear and I hate euros.

Anyone up north?

All the best,
    Razer

you on psn/xbl razer?

you on psn/xbl razer?

You are the guy kneecap mentioned to me.

I won't be online for 2 days as ill be away for work but yeah PSN. Add me anytime dude.

PSN: theoriginalrazer

All the best,
    Razer

so im bein talked about? haha ;)

Belfast is still easier.
    Dublin is really dear and I hate euros.

Anyone up north?

All the best,
    Razer

Dublin is also the only place on this island you can get to easily from any other spot. (Sadly).

I've been at tournaments in Belfast, Limerick, West Meath, Dublin, Ballyfermot, and Cannes. In a month or 2 I will be travelling to London to support a small growing scene there.
    You got to do a little travel man :)

I have 40 pounds from various winnings hanging around which I only get to use for paying for my next tournament up North :D

I won't be online for 2 days as ill be away for work but yeah PSN. Add me anytime dude.

All the best,
    Razer

Alri,

My name is Baz and I am living in Kildare.

I will add you also mate if you don't mind? my psn is plumpynuter. There seems to be few from Ireland on PSN that have popped up over the past couple of weeks. It might be a good time to create a list of PSN MK9 players. I am a bit of a punching bag for the rest of the lads at the mo but I am getting better and I will be the best in the end :P

I still cant settle on a main. I am average with Sub, Freddy, Rain, Cage, Sektor, Baraka or Raiden.

With a young family it is hard for me to meet for casuals but when I get a bit better I will deffo go to the tourneys.

We should arrange an Irish Online KOTH night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Don't worry, it was all derogatory.

• Advertisement

Don't worry, it was all derogatory.

ye thats my m.o, super scrub away!! (swoosh)

Good games yesterday with Rob2d by the way. Good battles of the noob Freddy's at the start :)

What do you all think of Freddy. I really like him so far. Loads of zoning options and juggle starts and his teleport is very fast. I also like the crouch stance move (You can teleport out of it also). When done quickly it is like a parry.

Freddy has a couple of nice 20% 3 hit combos that suits my playing right down to the ground. I am the laziest fugger you could ever meet for learning combos. Going to have to learn some soon. I am holding my own on normal's but I have to hit somebody with 5 or 6 strings when some people are finishing me off in 2 or 3.

hes a poor mans kano like baraka is the poor mans johnny cage imo,
    have alot of the same strats but lacking incertain tools, like with kano someone jumps your knife for a jump in punch,
    you up ball,
    with freddy some jumps your glove and only real anti air options ive found is 4(same as scorps 4 i think) or dream shift back and that can be snuffed if timed right

ps,his damage scaling will be changed,confirmed by nrs pre release

Nothing bad lol He mentioned you where looking MK players.
    Im actually back home from work so im signed in PSN now. Whats ur name there?

Doom: Im broke as ****, don't know my way around Dublin.... at all.
    If I was travelling down for MK and some of you where willing to meet me id be up for it. Id get my boy DR (also here) to kome too.

eco2live: Sounds good man, add away. Id be up for that KOTH night alright but wud rather meet up offline. Another Irish player from Dublin online is Ciaran-_-

**** Freddy btw: Damage scaling problem and borrowed moves. **** Kratos too.

Freddy banned until Damagae scaling problem fixed btw.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Alex Valle posted this on twitter ;) I was gonna post it here lol

No. Its in the game.
    It won't be fixed either I presume.
    Y'no with the super tier kharacters and all.

She kan't use it against everybody though either.

All the best,
    Razer

but its be said by nrs staff on a stream that a "cooldown" will be added to skarlet cancels,meaning they wont be as fast,
    id exspect some big things in the next patch ;)

and if want to see some awesome cancels watch a good rain or kabal cancel vid,now that stuff is sick!

Nothing bad lol He mentioned you where looking MK players.
    Im actually back home from work so im signed in PSN now. Whats ur name there?

Doom: Im broke as ****, don't know my way around Dublin.... at all.
    If I was travelling down for MK and some of you where willing to meet me id be up for it. Id get my boy DR (also here) to kome too.

eco2live: Sounds good man, add away. Id be up for that KOTH night alright but wud rather meet up offline. Another Irish player from Dublin online is Ciaran-_-

**** Freddy btw: Damage scaling problem and borrowed moves. **** Kratos too.

Freddy banned until Damagae scaling problem fixed btw.

All the best,
    Razer

its spooky_kid_69

played ciaran before,he quit when went to fatality him if memory serves me right,could be wrong,sorryif am,ill check my inbox

i argree kratos broken but every dlc char has "borrowed moves", its mk like :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

Alright I find it extremely frustrating to find threads here, ANYONE going to this SFAE thing in Belfast next Sat interested in setting up some MK Kasuals?

Im from Newry and kan't make it to Dublin etc. for Tourneys but Belfast wud be reasonable. To be honest a lot of SF players don't seem interested at all so Im looking for actual MK fans in N. Ireland or other fighting game fans tht like the game.

Kontact me: vulgardudefromhell@hotmail.co.uk
    Twitter: OriginalRazer
    FaceBook: John Razer (The one with Lone Wolf and the MK Dragon Logo)

All the best,
    Razer

Ah......A fellow newry man nice one! I went to inferno in February for a SF tournie, went up with a few mates on the train had a great days craic definately recommend getting up.

On another note im on PSN and playing a lot of MK at the minute so i'll add you later today.

P.s good games to Plumpynuter and Spooky the other night good fun

• Advertisement

Mickles_86 wrote: »
    Ah......A fellow newry man nice one! I went to inferno in February for a SF tournie, went up with a few mates on the train had a great days craic definately recommend getting up.

On another note im on PSN and playing a lot of MK at the minute so i'll add you later today.

P.s good games to Plumpynuter and Spooky the other night good fun

Good **** dude!

Iv set up a few MK gatherings w a few fans I know, wud you be up for it?

1man3letters: Yeah I forgot about that man, it was Phil's stream right? (Kombat Network's Valley Stream Monsters)
    Dunno if spooky kid is Ciaran as his username is "Ciaran-_-"
    Kud be though although hes never quit on me.

1man3letters, spookykid, and mickles add me.

Mickles need to meet up dude.

All the best,
    Razer

Advertisement