Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Dunno if spooky kid is Ciaran as his username is "Ciaran-_-"

did u type that right???:confused:
    i only have one account,
    yea i know was ciaran-_- just wasnt assed to type the face thing :p

bout mk meet up was thinkin goin the exchange in dublin 2 find heads 2 play,
    who u like 2 play btw?

ok guys,
    im heading up to the XGC for 1st time tomorrow,round 2 or so
    of course ill have my ps3 copy of mk9 with me :)

would be great if any mk players (especially if i friends with you on psn) could make it out to have a few games and talk mk to level up all our games

get some 4 players tag matches on the go!

ste

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Are there any Galway MK players in here? My Xbox seems to hate me, and won't let me fight online in MK (it has no probs with other games, just MK), so I'm not to experienced against human apponents. I could fight the AI till the cows come home... Then I could fight the cows, but it all gets very predictable. It's the unpredictability of fighting against live opponents that really makes these kinda games fun, in my oppinion.

So then, would any Galway MK heads be willing to meet up for some fun fights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Have they sorted the lag online in this yet? I played some lad from Ireland when the game was first released and the lag was way to much for someone in Ireland, even worse for the rest of Europe obviously. Stopped playing it cause of that and the fact that i dont attend meet-ups

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Yes.

• Advertisement

great games had with orignalrazer and his player2, that was some krazy stuff :p, where u reptile or kabal?
    sorry i had to head out,good think ya messaged me so at least got 2 in before i had2get offline

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

great games had with orignalrazer and his player2, that was some krazy stuff :p, where u reptile or kabal?
    sorry i had to head out,good think ya messaged me so at least got 2 in before i had2get offline

Yeah man definitely good ****.
    I need the practice against good Mileena players.
    I was Kabal, my best friend played Reptile.
    He has gotten pretty good with him but I think his punishes and kombos kould be better.

Good **** to see you DR! Any Galway MK players for him to play?

All the best,
    Razer

I need the practice against good Mileena players.
    I was Kabal, my best friend played Reptile.

you and your mate should come to the xgc in dublin with me 2 try get more people playing,if no one wants then its kabal v mileena all day :)
    your mate on psn aswell?

you and your mate should come to the xgc in dublin with me 2 try get more people playing,if no one wants then its kabal v mileena all day :)
    your mate on psn aswell?

What exactly is XGC? I would definitely be up for it man but its the money factor lol

My friend is worse off than me.
    If we planned it out so I kould book work off and get the money for bus fare from Newry up and down it would be sweet.

My mate has a PS3 and MK9 but no internet konnection sadly. We have kasuals at least once a week.

All the best,
    Razer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mentioned this before to Razer but perhaps you all should get in contact with this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UsedForGlue77

seems to be the real deal.

• Advertisement

Mentioned this before to Razer but perhaps you all should get in contact with this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UsedForGlue77

seems to be the real deal.

ran into him online, i wouldnt advice it, he on tym aswell
    after having a close match online he wins,decides to not rematch which fair enough so i send him good game nice skills that he beat me,i got back a string of abuse about how i should play the game etc etc now refuses any remtch and just talks smack in the lobby bout me when i try get a rematch

hes got skills alright, just not a good sport
    (watch the why am i a bad loser video)

razer ive got some important stuff to do 2moro when it is done ill pm you about the xgc and mk kasuals ;)

mk wakeup system explained

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

Good **** dude!

Iv set up a few MK gatherings w a few fans I know, wud you be up for it?
    PSN: theoriginalrazer

1man3letters: Yeah I forgot about that man, it was Phil's stream right? (Kombat Network's Valley Stream Monsters)
    Dunno if spooky kid is Ciaran as his username is "Ciaran-_-"
    Kud be though although hes never quit on me.

1man3letters, spookykid, and mickles add me.

Mickles need to meet up dude.

All the best,

Added you tonight mate. Where exactly are you having this get together? i would be interested in some offline games because all my mates are into COD and BC2 so i can't get any matches at all. made that mistake when i went to Inferno and got a my ass handed to me :D
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I played MK9 tonight properly for the first time.

It is ridiculously outside my comfort zone, I have no idea what my buttons presses or directional inputs are going to do; and I played A LOT of MK1.

The production values on the story mode look impressive as hell, but if I can't wrap my head around the battle system I won't get far.

Any good basic beginner tutorials out there?

I played MK9 tonight properly for the first time.

It is ridiculously outside my comfort zone, I have no idea what my buttons presses or directional inputs are going to do; and I played A LOT of MK1.

The production values on the story mode look impressive as hell, but if I can't wrap my head around the battle system I won't get far.

Any good basic beginner tutorials out there?

what char you playing or have you picked 1 yet? switchin around alot wont help ya get used to things,ive been playin since 1 till vs dc(:rolleyes:) it doesnt help haha
    what excaly you having probs with?
    what inputs do what or you dont know the right situation for inputs?
    or is it just the panic of a new game?

there not really a how to play mk kinda thing but if you go to
    testyourmight.com you,ll learn so much (1man3letters on that2)

or id have no problem giving ya a crash course at a casuals or something,more people playing mk the better

Mickles_86 wrote: »

Added you tonight mate. Where exactly are you having this get together? i would be interested in some offline games because all my mates are into COD and BC2 so i can't get any matches at all. made that mistake when i went to Inferno and got a my ass handed to me :D
    Razer

i argee mk kasuals should be setup,
    mickles rob razer plumpynuter and people who ive played through boards if ya want mk to not go away in ireland people are going to play offline,just the way things are and we have to try xtra hard cause were a "new" game

went to xgc 1st time last week and people were very welcoming,

ps.razer, epic games last session, your kabal is so sick! im worried to see what you can do with that block trap in a offline setting :confused: haha

what char you playing or have you picked 1 yet? switchin around alot wont help ya get used to things,ive been playin since 1 till vs dc(:rolleyes:) it doesnt help haha
    what excaly you having probs with?
    what inputs do what or you dont know the right situation for inputs?
    or is it just the panic of a new game?

Pretty much everything you said. Switching stances, stuff that I would expect to be a normal input (one direction, one button) having special move like properties.

I've only played story mode, but gave up when it's Sonya versus the two Ninja girls on her own.

Also I know the block button is an MK staple, but I'm not sure where to put it on a TE. By default it's where Fierce Kick would be on Street Fighter, which isn't very intuitive. On the Megadrive controller it was assigned to "Start", which as I said was my last MK.
    or id have no problem giving ya a crash course at a casuals or something,more people playing mk the better

I'd probably find a very basic crash course very helpful. Thanks.

when u say switch stance u mean just the button or command stances like sonya kang and freddy have?

ye theres alot of debate on buttons placements, idealy ya want a mk layout with the weird x shape they have going on wich you might remember that said played mk1 fromthe mk arcade cabs?

its not nessary though,i have a te myself,possibly layouts

1=fp 2=hp 3=fk 4+bk

1 block 3 stance
    2 throw 4 tag

1 2 throw stance
    3 4 block tag

or what i use
    1 2 block tag
    3 4 stance throw

1+3=throw
    2+4=tag
    3+4=stance
    xray= block+ stance or block+3+4

so depending on what way you want to do certain commands the layout on a te can be swapped around alot,mk9 1st game i played on stick so i had a clean slate to work with

1=fp 2=hp 3=fk 4+bk

1 block 3 tag or 1 2 throw tag or (what i use) 1 2 block tag
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]2 throw 4 stance[/COLOR] 3 4 block stance 3 4 stance throw

1+3=throw
    2+4=tag
    3+4=stance
    xray= block+ stance or block+3+4

Not sure I get what you're describing here. If we say this is the standard TE layout:

(1)(2)(3)(4)
    (5)(6)(7)(8)

I think I have the default button config which is I think is regular attacks on 1,2,5,6
    Throw on 3
    Block on 7
    Stance change(?) on 4

I'm not sure what 8 does on it's own, but 7+8 seems to be X-ray.

The main advantage of a TE is that it makes it easier to hit multiple buttons simultaneously, so if some of these are just extra button presses bound together (Like is throw one button? Or is it a macro of two other buttons?); it would be useful to know which ones. Maybe I could just press them manually.

fixed my other post, that any better?
    yes u only really need 6 buttons for mk the rest xtra, i wrote what commands can be shorcuted with two buttons presses in post above also

1234 is the way mk players say light mid fierce of sf
    on ps3 its
    1 square
    2 tri
    3 x
    4 circle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Look up the mk stick from the collectors edition if ya want to see what the layout should be like. Basically an x like the mk3 cabinets.

But this is the one game I refuse to learn on stick........ For now. Way to confusing for me with block button (and I'm a mk fanboy. Kitana for life) on stick but so natural for me on default pad settings.

Not sure I get what you're describing here. If we say this is the standard TE layout:

(1)(2)(3)(4)
    (5)(6)(7)(8)

I think I have the default button config which is I think is regular attacks on 1,2,5,6
    Throw on 3
    Block on 7
    Stance change(?) on 4

I'm not sure what 8 does on it's own, but 7+8 seems to be X-ray.

The main advantage of a TE is that it makes it easier to hit multiple buttons simultaneously, so if some of these are just extra button presses bound together (Like is throw one button? Or is it a macro of two other buttons?); it would be useful to know which ones. Maybe I could just press them manually.

Ok I recommend using pad for MK9 but whatever floats ur boat amigo.

1-2-3-4
    5-6-7-8

=

FP-BP-Throw-tagORswitch
    FK-BK-BLK-tagORswitch

See if that helps.
    I like my pinky on the BLK button.

Keep this in mind =
    FK/BK/BLK together is X-RAY.
    FP/FK together is throw
    BP/BK together is tag
    FK/BK together is stance change/switch

So 4 and 8 on ur MC TE doesn't really matter.

I like using the PDP TE now and again but I stick to pad.

Hope this helps man.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: If any of you know of ANY arcades in Ireland with MK1/MKII or MK3 please let me know. Iv never had the pleasure of playing MK on kab. :(

All the best,
    Razer

Ok I recommend using pad for MK9 but whatever floats ur boat amigo.

MK tourneys seem exclusively on PS3, but I don't have one (so no PS3 controller). Dual modded TE would be the only way to gain a little muscle memory.

What I've ended up going with is.

(....) (1)(2)(...)
    (BLK)(3)(4)(...)

So I block with my thumb and not my pinky, feels a lot more natural. I can tap the normal buttons while keeping my thumb in relatively the same place.

Hitting the bottom 3 buttons does X-ray as well.

I'm at the point now where I can test the online/offline patch thing for myself. What's the easier way to do this?

I'm at the point now where I can test the online/offline patch thing for myself. What's the easier way to do this?

if u mean on xbox,patches only work when console connected online

on the buttons front,yea as i said things can be moved around alot so its good your found your set up now :)

now to find your main.........

if u mean on xbox,patches only work when console connected online

I would like to test it myself to be 100% sure. Call me cynical :) .
    Also it's the reason I borrowed MK9 in the first place.
    now to find your main.........

I naturally gravitated towards Sub-Zero, as I think him, Scorpion and Raiden were the only chars I liked in MK1 (of the SEVEN playable characters, haha).

Anyone know if the PS3s @ XGC have the MK9 Patches/hotfixes/kompatibility packs/DLC???

If not im bringing my own.

All the best,
    Razer

I would like to test it myself to be 100% sure. Call me cynical :) .
    Also it's the reason I borrowed MK9 in the first place.

I naturally gravitated towards Sub-Zero, as I think him, Scorpion and Raiden were the only chars I liked in MK1 (of the SEVEN playable characters, haha).

My mains are Kabal, Sub-Zero and Johnny Cage btw.

First kharacter I wanted to learn: Kabal
    First main: Sub-Zero

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

The patches on 360 work up to a point.
    Periodically Netherrealm release downloadable patches for 360 - I believe the last one was when Rain was released as DLC.

All patch changes up till the point that Rain was released will work offline. Anything after that point is a streamed change only and will require a net connection.

so pretty much when playin mk9 on xbox not connected online your playing with fire.....and someone might get burned because of it
    (i know,im sorry for my terrible pun skills also)

• Advertisement

so pretty much when playin mk9 on xbox not connected online your playing with fire.....and someone might get burned because of it
    (i know,im sorry for my terrible pun skills also)

Im never playing MK on 360 ever again then lol

All the best,
    Razer

Advertisement