Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sairus wrote: »
    The patches on 360 work up to a point.
    Periodically Netherrealm release downloadable patches for 360 - I believe the last one was when Rain was released as DLC.

All patch changes up till the point that Rain was released will work offline. Anything after that point is a streamed change only and will require a net connection.

Uh, complicated.

Is the post-Rain stuff important?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Uh, complicated.

Is the post-Rain stuff important?

It's to get around having to pay fees for every downloadable patch on the network. Streaming the patches is free.

And I have no idea what patches came out when. I sold my copy of MK months ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

well i guess thats why no xboxes at evo :P

whatever about kasuals and playing at home but for tourny play ps3 seems to be the only way to go to do it properly,
    playin no patch and patched in this game is like night and day
    so id hate to see a unpatched/partly patched mk tourny, will just made the game look bad, something i dont want

if there wasnt enough reasons to hate kung lao and cyrax....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

wrequest117_by_fupoo-d3mzrlx.png

This of course means that Ermac is Ma-ti

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/23/mortal-kombat-arcade-collection-dated.aspx

800 points. Hello mk2 again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/23/mortal-kombat-arcade-collection-dated.aspx

800 points. Hello mk2 again

Did they bother their holes to make them HD?

Have MK2 downloaded already but it'll be great having 1 and 3 again.

you better be able to map your own button layouts unlike the recent mk2 or so help me...(insert fist shaking)

also i heard a whisper that the arcade collection will maybe be be reciecing patches to take out all them old beautiful broken infins :D:D
    im not so sure about that ,umk3 still played in tournies in america so if they change umk3 things might get krazy,
    (yea i used a k,big whoop wana fight about it? haha)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Do you get salty? I get fuggin mad when playing MK9. I don't mind losing to good players at all as its part of the process. I like to play better players like a couple of Irish players I have played (and lost 2 :)). I do so hate losing to crap players.

I have started to win a lot more recently and it has got worse in some ways. I am not a big combo person (I actually don't like the concept of long combos and juggles in fighting games). Anyway in MK9 say I am playing online and I beat somebody couple of times in a row in a close game and then they get one win and they quit. Wrecks my head. I also hate playing players that are crap but have one annoying combo 50 or 70% that means you only have to take some chip damage and then be finished off by the same combo. No breaker and one mistake in the game and you are dead. I am sick of rage quits, spammers and hate mail from wankbags. This game is not good for my blood pressure lol.

I don't want to stop playing it as when you are on a roll and playing against a good player it is an amazing game but I have limited time for gaming. I was playing a couple of days ago when I nearly fugged the controller at the wall as in the 3rd round I had 60% and the other guy had 2% and hit me with a crappy string into xray and killed me, quit and would not play again after I had beaten him two times in a row. :mad:

So to all you players with thousands of wins and losses playing 12 hours a day, rage quitters, hate mailers and bitter children of the MK world. Fug you all!

So friends do you ever get mad?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

eco2live wrote: »
    Do you get salty? I get fuggin mad when playing MK9. I don't mind losing to good players at all as its part of the process. I like to play better players like a couple of Irish players I have played (and lost 2 :)). I do so hate losing to crap players.

I have started to win a lot more recently and it has got worse in some ways. I am not a big combo person (I actually don't like the concept of long combos and juggles in fighting games). Anyway in MK9 say I am playing online and I beat somebody couple of times in a row in a close game and then they get one win and they quit. Wrecks my head. I also hate playing players that are crap but have one annoying combo 50 or 70% that means you only have to take some chip damage and then be finished off by the same combo. No breaker and one mistake in the game and you are dead. I am sick of rage quits, spammers and hate mail from wankbags. This game is not good for my blood pressure lol.

I don't want to stop playing it as when you are on a roll and playing against a good player it is an amazing game but I have limited time for gaming. I was playing a couple of days ago when I nearly fugged the controller at the wall as in the 3rd round I had 60% and the other guy had 2% and hit me with a crappy string into xray and killed me, quit and would not play again after I had beaten him two times in a row. :mad:

So to all you players with thousands of wins and losses playing 12 hours a day, rage quitters, hate mailers and bitter children of the MK world. Fug you all!

So friends do you ever get mad?

If you play online, this is what you get.

No point in getting annoyed at it, have a laugh and move on :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

If you play online, this is what you get.

No point in getting annoyed at it, have a laugh and move on :)

I try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I haven't played MK now in ages but I get mad too. Not too mad though because I have like a 75% (calculated it from my win/loss ratio;)) win rate:D

But yeah MK can be considered crazy cheap sometimes. More often than not its because some noob Scorpion player beats me in the 3rd round and I want to murder EVERYONE:mad:

But as Doom says you just get on with it.

i dont get mad when lose really,even if its to "cheap" stuff, if i cant get around it thats my own fault

i do get mad at the sometimes hate that around, like know its online play and trash talking comes with that but some of the messages i read in lobby or get sent im like really???
    were all playing the same game like,not like im saying be "oh very splendid game chap,we must discuss frame data over brunch"

people who pull out there internet to save the holy of holys the online win/loss record :rolleyes: do make me wonder sometimes though

but not matter where u go or what you do in live there going to to be cheats and dickheads so as said ya just gotta laugh and move on at the bs

or another kure come to kasuals and play mk9 offline,no lag,no hate, just play the game we love :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

How can you not like hatemail? I love reading all the fan mail I get :)

Rob2D wrote: »
    How can you not like hatemail? I love reading all the fan mail I get :)

dont get me wrong man its great for a laugh but when your gettin the same stuff said over and over gets old fast

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Gonna keep learning combos during casuals.
    Maybe I'll become decent at this.

ggs to yousavedmylife who just had a few tag sets with there

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

ggs to razor, had a few good matches sorry i had to leave so early but had to go to work. excellent kabal you have might i add, have NO idea how you did that dash cancel but its confusing as fook.lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Never buy this game pre-owned. You incur an extra online charge as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

gflood wrote: »
    Never buy this game pre-owned. You incur an extra online charge as a result.
    This sin't a new thing, been around a year or two now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Only EA games and certain few other ones do this.

Personally, I refuse to buy any game that does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Why if you buy second hand the developers get no money from the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Because I disagree with the practise of hampering a product I bought, If I choose to resell it.

nrs are streaming an in studio tourny :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ill post the link when i find when/where is it (its either 2day or 2m) amercian timezones confuse me :confused:

hypeality!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Oh, that would be very entertaining. *Buys popcorn and orders pizza* Very entertaining indeed :D

deathrider wrote: »
    Oh, that would be very entertaining. *Buys popcorn and orders pizza* Very entertaining indeed :D

http://www.justin.tv/netherrealm

start at 2.30pm cst us time,according to google that in 30mins

"It's just like teleporting to the other side of the screen... Except you just stay there."
    Possibly the worst commetary ever! Lol

"It's just like teleporting to the other side of the screen... Except you just stay there."
    Possibly the worst commetary ever! Lol

i laughed so hard when that was said, any notice how nearly everyone was trolling on char select screen leaving it on jade (because she aparenlty got a BIG secret buff),the game was being played with the latest patch that hasnt been released in public,yet

it was the most trolling stream ive ever seen with nrs talking about "friendship" and other things that are still "hidden" (;)) in the game

although i did shed a tear,i wont lie, when it was asked can it be confirmed that baraka has any kind of buff in this new patch and the repsonse was "no,i will not confirm anything about a char i have no intrest in".....nrs u really know where to hit me where it hurts

things i noticed from watching the new patch in action,keep in mind this aint released yet so there propley alot i dont know yet or things may change....anyways,

*sub has armour on ex slide (so no more easy wins against sub by zoning)

*and reptile has a armour on ex slide now...:eek:...but got a damage nerf on 122 bnb and more recovery on a blocked dash (if it wasnt easy to punish that b4,now people have no excuses)

*and mileena down4 has stayed the same..thats right, bet that will make a certain boards user mad if that doesnt change before the release after he was so sure it was bein nerfed, sorry dude :p

*cyrax bomb resets gone!!! thats right gone! :D:D:D:D:D

*kung low hat nerfed,no pushback on a blocked spin so easier to punish

*noobs gets 6frame d1 and armour on ex shadowknee

things im not so sure on,
    *im pretty sure sindel got amour on ex cartwheel,but cant be 100%

also i think sonyas kiss move was changed,there seems to be more dust that blows out and it stoped a cross up jump at one point...this intrestes me alot as the move is ass how it is at the mo,even the ex

also there was alot of talk of new smoke tech but in the matchs i couldnt see what there were on about, i know you cant otg with ex smoke bomb on the mk2 costume which good

it was the most trolling stream ive ever seen with nrs talking about "friendship" and other things that are still "hidden" (;)) in the game

I'll be honest, I'm just gonna reply to this part of your post, because I didn't have the time to give it a good read. I was left wondering about these myself. They could have just been taking the piss, but then again, it's very possible that they are in there and still undiscovered.

• Advertisement

I'll be honest, I'm just gonna reply to this part of your post, because I didn't have the time to give it a good read. I was left wondering about these myself. They could have just been taking the piss, but then again, it's very possible that they are in there and still undiscovered.

nope they trolling,belive me, nrs do it alot, read ed boon twitter page hes always
    at it :p

another thing is jc is gettig a nerf,no more f3 2 into special

Advertisement