Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Those crafty bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

liu kang has really difficult combos

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

he does have easy combos but his more advanced ones are more difficult to land, don't come across many liu kang's online myself :confused:

most of the cast advanced combos take a bit of time but i mean as in normal bnbs,the damage for the buttons you press is...:confused:
    and in the corner,dear god he makes radien and baraka look tame :p

so i decided,sure im learn someone i used to play in the older games and i thought......sonya,she gets good damage,has very fast uppercut for aas..but then i seen this...:eek:

so pretty much unless you cancel 1st hit off all your strings into m.stance your getting uppercuted and comboed for free

oh and this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

wash those socks lol

wash those socks lol

that aint me in the vid btw knight :p
    i do not own a pair of white socks lol

he must of not bought washing powder to get that pdp classic mk stick :p

that aint me in the vid btw knight :p
    i do not own a pair of white socks lol

he must of not bought washing powder to get that pdp classic mk stick :p

You hit me as the kinda guy who wears very very very very dark blue socks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 STORMS_TYM

What's up!!? :)

STORMS_TYM wrote: »

welcome storms!! :D:D:D
    didnt think id see your username round this parts but glad to see it!

*holy crap boys,clean up quick,we got mk royality on this thread now*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey man, thanks very much for popping our videos on the front page of TYM, we're working hard to get Irish fighting games out there and it's always a big help when we get a push like that!

welcome storms!! :D:D:D
    didnt think id see your username round this parts but glad to see it!

*holy crap boys,clean up quick,we got mk royality on this thread now*

I'll get the mop... Do we have a mop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Someone is going to have to educate me here. Who is Storms and what is TYM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I don't play Chopper, but I'm guessing it's "Test Your Might, du du du du du du du du"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Aye we figured it out. It's testyourmight.com and Storms seems to do the news for it.

Also noted that there is two Irish guys commenting on saying that they are not aware of us. Whoever has an account might want to help em out for the next tourney.

Welcome Storms.

storms in a lead mod on tym, yes he is one of the main news writer,
    he is a huge part of why tym is around,
    i consider him,shock and tim static to be the elder gods if you will,not forgettin jamesmk also
    he has done so much for mk through the years,too much too name

the irish people i know post more here than on tym but ill try to get more irish info out to you guys on tym,as said to ya over on tym storms,im working out something that will get irish mk players a bit more well known ;)

watch this space...and tym of course :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Don't forget to get make sure you post on randomselect.ie or get someone to post the news for you there.

First off, thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

I would like to get to know the insides of the Ireland Mortal Kombat scene...

- How big of a scene do you guys have?
    - Name some of your top players
    - Do you guys post on TYM at all?
    - How many tournaments/offline gathering do you have and or attend?

Basically, I want to help spread the word of everything you're doing. So if you have links to OFFLINE casual and/or tournament matches, let me know!

TYM wants to work with you guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We've only had a few tournaments and MK is probably played at every casual session we have in Dublin, which is currently twice a week.

Kuro_Tao is the undisputed best MK9 player in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Storms I believe I chatted to you on twitter before as @gotglint, welcome.

if not still, welcome.

• Advertisement

We've only had a few tournaments and MK is probably played at every casual session we have in Dublin, which is currently twice a week.

Kuro_Tao is the undisputed best MK9 player in Ireland.

Okay, awesome that is a start. Some info that is news to me, thank you. :)

It would also be great to have those of you who are frequent tournament players to meet the players on TYM as several of them have also commented on your tournament matches from Day of Champions.

My goal recently has been to aggressively promote Mortal Kombat on a much bigger scale = World Wide. So far, we've met many players from Chile, Peru, The Philippines, United Kingdom, Brazil and more. We are essentially using TYM as a central hub to promote these World Wide Mortal Kombat players and get the world to meet each other. For example: Kuro_Tao's style compared to a US player's style and exchanging strategies... it would be amazing to see the unity here as we could promote and support each other in what we do best... Competitive Mortal Kombat. :)

So, keep the info coming as you guys are what I am anxious to get involved with!

First off, thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

I would like to get to know the insides of the Ireland Mortal Kombat scene...

- How big of a scene do you guys have?
    - Name some of your top players
    - Do you guys post on TYM at all?
    - How many tournaments/offline gathering do you have and or attend?

Basically, I want to help spread the word of everything you're doing. So if you have links to OFFLINE casual and/or tournament matches, let me know!

TYM wants to work with you guys! :)

your than welcome storms

ok in answer to your questions,

1.the mk scene is pretty small and spread out, there more of a turn out for tournies,im pretty new myself to offline gaming,i cant speak for casuals around the country but at the casuals i go to in dublin,mk isnt really played unless i set it up on a ps3 and genrally im playing the same 3-5 guys, ill always offer to show some1 who hasnt played before the basics,combos,how to punish this and that etc and also like will all games it has it haters

2.top players,
    the 2players in the final kuro tao and ark are in what i seen the best,im sure you know usedforglue from tym,he up north.sadly though kuro doesnt seem to make casuals tomuch
    we do have a good few people who rock there stuff,like that smoke player on the vids
    also he hasnt got to a tourny yet but just wait untill theoriginalrazer brings his kabal out to play,scary stuff

3.i recently joined tym,post mostly around the baraka and mileena forums,but as i said 1ma3letters post count will be gettin bigger sooner than later

4.for mk there has been tournies in waterford and deathrider is lookinto start some up in galway,up north i havnt a clue :confused:, in dublin tournies are generally made every too months or so but the sf/mvc/bb scene is alot more cared for that mk,espically sf
    on the casuals front,i try to get to dublin as much as can,wed and sat in the extremegamingcenter,travel costs dont let me go as much as would like

i want as many people as can to play this game offline and for irish mk to make a name for itself so any help you and tym can do is awesome :cool:

your than welcome storms

ok in answer to your questions,

1.the mk scene is pretty small and spread out, there more of a turn out for tournies,im pretty new myself to offline gaming,i cant speak for casuals around the country but at the casuals i go to in dublin,mk isnt really played unless i set it up on a ps3 and genrally im playing the same 3-5 guys, ill always offer to show some1 who hasnt played before the basics,combos,how to punish this and that etc and also like will all games it has it haters

2.top players,
    the 2players in the final kuro tao and ark are in what i seen the best,im sure you know usedforglue from tym,he up north.sadly though kuro doesnt seem to make casuals tomuch
    we do have a good few people who rock there stuff,like that smoke player on the vids
    also he hasnt got to a tourny yet but just wait untill theoriginalrazer brings his kabal out to play,scary stuff

3.i recently joined tym,post mostly around the baraka and mileena forums,but as i said 1ma3letters post count will be gettin bigger sooner than later

4.for mk there has been tournies in waterford and deathrider is lookinto start some up in galway,up north i havnt a clue :confused:, in dublin tournies are generally made every too months or so but the sf/mvc/bb scene is alot more cared for that mk,espically sf
    on the casuals front,i try to get to dublin as much as can,wed and sat in the extremegamingcenter,travel costs dont let me go as much as would like

i want as many people as can to play this game offline and for irish mk to make a name for itself so any help you and tym can do is awesome :cool:

Hmmm... I see. If we can get a few more people aware of our match making forums from your area I would consider making an "Ireland" matchmaking forum to help you guys locate and organize.

Really, anything we can do to help, we will.

Hmmm... I see. If we can get a few more people aware of our match making forums from your area I would consider making an "Ireland" matchmaking forum to help you guys locate and organize.

Really, anything we can do to help, we will.

yea man that would be great,may i sugest making it ireland/northern ireland
    as its pretty much the same scene

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The NI players may not feel that way, I wouldn't suggest that especially since you say you have no clue what's going on with the scene up there. :pac:

Great, I will look in to that for you. Also, did you guys know that the latest MK9 Patch is out now? Only for Xbox though so far, click here for the details:

m2dave reported earlier this morning via REO that the latest patch, the one we've been waiting for... has officially came through, below are the list of apparent changes found so far.

The patch was released for the X-Box 360 early this morning. The patch will be released next week for the PS3. Special thanks toREO for testing these changes listed below.

Universal Changes

- blocked jumping punches provide less advantage on block

- the negative edge window has been shortened by 3 frames

- any old glitches involving the alternative costumes have been fixed (except Noob's MK2 costume)

Baraka

- d+1 is similar to Kitana's d+1

- EX d,f+2 travels full screen

Cyrax

- resets using the net have been removed; saw blade does not OTG to bomb

- 2,1~net, JP, 2,1~EX bomb, medium bomb, d+2, b+2 (one hit), 1,2,1~d,f+1 still works for 56% of damage

Freddy

- damage on glove toss (b,f+2) has been reduced to 7%

- combo damage has been reduced

Jade

- staff grab (d,f+2) has push back on block

- f+4,3 is safe on block

- the second boomerang of the EX boomerang returns, even on block

Jax

- f+3 hits as an overhead

- gotcha grab (d,f+1) has lost its block advantage; block infinite is gone

Kabal

- EX gas blast has been fixed, so that the second hit does not hit one second later

- nomad dash cancels are the same. Only the 4 and b+2 transitions have been made slower to prevent some one frame block infinite combos

Kano

- EX knife toss has better recovery than the regular knife toss

- Kano can have an EX knife and a regular knife on the screen at the same time

Kenshi

- to be added

Kitana

- ground fans do 6% of damage; aerial fans do 8% of damage

Johnny Cage

- f+3,2 no longer combos into the nut punch

Kung Lao

- push back on block for spin (d,f+1) has been removed

- low hat (d,b+2) has more recovery frames on block

- low hat (d,b+2) leaves Kung Lao at neutral frames on hit

- 2,4,1+2 and 2,1,2,1,2 are safe on block

- f+2 is faster and more safe on block

Noob

- d+1 is 6 frames

- b+1 is a couple of frames faster

- teleport slam (d,u) has been slowed down but has a bigger hitbox

- shadow tackle (d,f+3) hits as an overhead (MK2 costume ONLY)

Quan Chi

- super armor has been added to sky drop (d,b+3)

Raiden

- teleport (d,u) has one or two added frames of recovery

- vicinity blast (d,b+2) gives less advantage on block

- the "second" teleport of the EX teleport can be canceled into any attack or movement of your choice

Reptile

- elbow dash (b,f+2) has push back on block; specific frame data unknown

- armor has been added to EX slide

- the invisible EX forceball glitch has been removed

Scorpion

- takedown (d,b+4) is safe; specific frame data unknown

- EX takedown is faster and covers more distance

Sektor

- up missile glitch has been fixed to function in strings

Shang Tsung

- EX soul steal is significantly faster

Sheeva

- fireball (d,f+2) hits mid

- EX fireball is an overhead

- anti-air grab (d,f+1) is faster and has less recoevry frames

- EX jump stomp has super armor from beginng to end

Sindel

- EX scream is faster

Skarket

- more time between dagger cancels has been added

- first hit of dagger does 2% of damage

- back throw damage has been reduced to 11%

- slide into up / down slash have been removed

- Skarlet can dash and perform u+3

Stryker

- b+1,2,2 is 100% safe

- grenades (d,b+1 and d,b+2) have less recovery frames

- EX roll toss has armor for the entire duration

- the second hit of the EX baton sweep is an overhead

Sub Zero

- EX slide has super armor, faster speed, and travels full screen

- the reset combos involving b+2* have been removed

The following have apparently received no changes.

-Cyber Sub Zero

-Ermac

-Liu Kang

-Mileena

-Nightwolf

-Rain

-Smoke - is Smoke's f+4 reset still in the game?

-Sonya

Please go here to join the conversation! http://testyourmight.com/forum/content.php?1874-MK9-Latest-Patch-Unleashed!-Xbox-ONLY-So-Far!

Great, I will look in to that for you. Also, did you guys know that the latest MK9 Patch is out now? Only for Xbox though so far, click here for the details:

Do you happen to know if this is one of the patches that works offline on Xbox, or one of the online-only/streamed ones?

Do you happen to know if this is one of the patches that works offline on Xbox, or one of the online-only/streamed ones?

I would have to assume online, although I am not sure if it is a "hot fix" or an actual patch... the difference I believe is a "Hot fix" patches the game without you even knowing it and an actual patch tells you to download something before you start the game.

Don't quote me on the differences though... I could be wrong.

I would have to assume online, although I am not sure if it is a "hot fix" or an actual patch... the difference I believe is a "Hot fix" patches the game without you even knowing it and an actual patch tells you to download something before you start the game.

Don't quote me on the differences though... I could be wrong.

That's cool. As long as the last patch was "online only", MK tourneys are restricted to PS3s.

If there is ever a time when a tournament overlaps with a most recent "offline enabled" patch, we could branch into using Xboxes to get through the brackets faster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Krayzie

This is the official patch. Available for everyone.

Advertisement