Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Krayzie wrote: »
    This is the official patch. Available for everyone.

Thanks dude, but I asked if it was offline-enabled, not official.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

more than likely it aint dave

also

Baraka

- d+1 is similar to Kitana's d+1

- EX d,f+2 travels full screen

- safer spin

hell yeah baby,baraka is back!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Regarding patch.

Xbox needs to be online to be patched. - we all know this.

The Exchange has some level of internet - is this correct?

The bandwidth needed to patch would be small. and the patch would remain until the game was changed wouldn't it?

I know we can't stream in the exchange but is patching a viability at all?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Regarding patch.

Xbox needs to be online to be patched. - we all know this.

The Exchange has some level of internet - is this correct?

The bandwidth needed to patch would be small. and the patch would remain until the game was changed wouldn't it?

I know we can't stream in the exchange but is patching a viability at all?

I think you are correct, but I am told it didn't work at the evo quals. *Shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Krayzie

Oh okay my bad. I was half asleep when I wrote that. I just literally woke up lol

I actually don't know. I'm picking up my 360 from my bros today to test stuff on it.

• Advertisement

guys head over to testyourmight.com to check out all the full patch notes for the new patch, very intresting stuff :cool:
    baraka buffed and mileena is untouched,joy!

10210260.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

STORMS_TYM wrote: »
    First off, thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

I would like to get to know the insides of the Ireland Mortal Kombat scene...

- How big of a scene do you guys have?
    - Name some of your top players
    - Do you guys post on TYM at all?
    - How many tournaments/offline gathering do you have and or attend?

Basically, I want to help spread the word of everything you're doing. So if you have links to OFFLINE casual and/or tournament matches, let me know!

TYM wants to work with you guys! :)

Storms! Nice to see you make it here man.

1m3l and DR told me you popped up haha

I missed DoC cuz of money troubles man but I do plan on meeting up with a few here for kasuals sometime soon.

Some Irish player interviews wud be kool to do for TYM.
    Also some matches if we kan get a kamera.

Is that Bone btw?

All the best,
    Razer

Great, I will look in to that for you. Also, did you guys know that the latest MK9 Patch is out now? Only for Xbox though so far, click here for the details:

Kabal

- EX gas blast has been fixed, so that the second hit does not hit one second later

- nomad dash cancels are the same. Only the 4 and b+2 transitions have been made slower to prevent some one frame block infinite combos

Please go here to join the conversation! http://testyourmight.com/forum/content.php?1874-MK9-Latest-Patch-Unleashed!-Xbox-ONLY-So-Far![/I]

THEY NERF-ED MY KABAL TECH!!!!!!!!!!

Untitled.png

Seriously lads..... hearts broke. :(

All the best,
    Razer

razer,
    kabal got off light, VERY light,
    he can still do machince gun airgas blasts,
    still has that 0 frame startup on saw,
    still has major adv after his reset
    still best 50/50char in game
    still the best zoner in game

he is still very much s-tier if not top of s-tier

all that was taken away is things that he wasnt supposed to have in 1st place like the block infins,even the 1 frame ones that he just lost

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Okay, awesome that is a start. Some info that is news to me, thank you. :)

It would also be great to have those of you who are frequent tournament players to meet the players on TYM as several of them have also commented on your tournament matches from Day of Champions.

My goal recently has been to aggressively promote Mortal Kombat on a much bigger scale = World Wide. So far, we've met many players from Chile, Peru, The Philippines, United Kingdom, Brazil and more. We are essentially using TYM as a central hub to promote these World Wide Mortal Kombat players and get the world to meet each other. For example: Kuro_Tao's style compared to a US player's style and exchanging strategies... it would be amazing to see the unity here as we could promote and support each other in what we do best... Competitive Mortal Kombat. :)

So, keep the info coming as you guys are what I am anxious to get involved with!

Well as the local mod here what you want is what we're working for on the local level.

The MK scene is taking its first steps but exposure on TYM would help us grow much more rapidly I feel. I'm usually the guy who's recording Irish FG tournaments so I will make sure to contact you from now on when we do.

We also have our own non game specific FG website, randomselect.ie. I'd personally be more than happy to work with you :)

I think the MK lads need to start working on getting their own tournament going at this point- try to grow the scene.

• Advertisement

razer,
    kabal got off light, VERY light,
    he can still do machince gun airgas blasts,
    still has that 0 frame startup on saw,
    still has major adv after his reset
    still best 50/50char in game
    still the best zoner in game

he is still very much s-tier if not top of s-tier

all that was taken away is things that he wasnt supposed to have in 1st place like the block infins,even the 1 frame ones that he just lost

lol it just shocked me man I practice some of that **** every time im in the lab to keep it konsistant. lmao it hurt me reading that his **** will be slower. Its tricky enough to keep those kancels up and mixing them up.

I wouldn't konsider him top of S-Tier but hes in there.

We'll see when the patch hits PSN.
    I'll be in the lab yet again. ;)

All the best,
    Razer

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

So what is the current tier list for this and what you guys in the know think it will be after people spend some time with the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

How is Kitana in the patch?

Fergus_ wrote: »
    How is Kitana in the patch?

ground fans only do 6% now lowering her combo damage a few percent.
    f+2,1 48% bnb now does 45%

air fans do 8%

she was tweaked very fairly so youll still be ok dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've always been threatening to really give Kitana a spin, as she was my favourite back in MKII. Never actually got around to it though. Is she worth the time?

Azza wrote: »
    So what is the current tier list for this and what you guys in the know think it will be after people spend some time with the patch.

just to make clear i dont have patch yet cause im on psn so all this is on paper thinking atm

well ALOT of matchup got changed because of this patch,
    the best patch so far2, things alot more balanced now :)
    making a tier list at the min,even from the mind from someone more in the know than me would just be guess work at this early stage

no one really dropped a tier just some things made fairer but stryker,and jax(who didnt need anymore imo) all jumped up to A tier,
    sub zero is back with in S tier id say now 2 with his buffs,
    baraka and sheeva not longer **** tier,id like to say baraka a-tier now but i think thats just wishfull thinking on my part,maybe if his back3,1 was made safe he would be but sadly it wasnt:rolleyes:

when i get the patch and play it il write up my own on here for the laugh,but if i had to pick a top a bottom for the moment,it would be
    kabal top-
    sindel bottom

who ya play yourself azza?
    ya on psn or xbox?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I dabble with Shang Tsung.

On Xbox but I don't get to play much.

Don't have internet at the moment. Is this patch on Xbox a streamed patch or a proper downloadable one.

Azza wrote: »
    I dabble with Shang Tsung.

On Xbox but I don't get to play much.

Don't have internet at the moment. Is this patch on Xbox a streamed patch or a proper downloadable one.

ah shang,nice
    he got a buff on ex stole steal,comes out super fast now!

its xbox so it prop streamed patch like rest of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 STORMS_TYM

OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES:
    Patch 5 Game Update **9/23/2011

V 0.144S-234-77c814ec (Xbox 360) / V ????-??? (PS3) [update version 1.??] *released 09/23/2011

General Gameplay Fixes/Tweaks

• Fixed a couple of crash scenarios.
    • DLC billboards should now behave correctly on Xbox
    • You should no longer see online desyncs on Xbox that are related to alternate costumes or classic costume DLC packs.
    • MOTD handling and displaying code was tweaked.
    • Fixed a bug that could have resulted in tweakvars getting corrupted.
    • Fixed a crash in player select if you tried to exit out while the dlc box was open.
    • With the exception of Human Cyrax and Human Sektor, everyone’s alternate costumes should behave the same as their primary costumes and have the exact same move properties.
    • You can now block after a dash forward is completed if it was cancelled into from a special move. You canceling out of a dash into another dash was normalized for most of the characters. Dash Block canceling remains the same.
    • Wakeup attacks should have better invulnerability on them if done in the first 4 frames of the wakeup window. (this was added as a hotfix tweakable value)
    • You no longer get a completely free throw attempt after someone blocks your jump punch. The opponent has less block hit frames but chained combos from a jump punch will remain the same.
    • There were several reactions that could freeze players just before they landed from attacks and reactions such as Kano’s Airball and Cyrax’s Net air reaction.
    • Made many minor hitbox adjustments.
    • Tweaked the negative edge window.
    • Several low attacks were being parried incorrectly.
    • Nightwolf and Kenshi can no longer still absorb a projectile if they get hit out of their enhanced reflects before the recovery frames start.

Baraka
    • Baraka's Blade Spin move starts up faster and is safer when blocked.
    • Baraka's Enhanced Blade Charge (Blade Rush) attack goes farther now.
    • Baraka’s Chop Chop no longer auto corrects mid-move.

Cyber Subzero
    • Cyber Subzero can no longer handcuff certain characters by catching a wakeup attack with his enhanced Ice Parry.

Cyrax
    • Cyrax's Buzzsaw is an overhead block and safer when blocked
    • Cyrax's Bombs will no longer pop someone up who is in a 2nd Net reaction or in a Buzzsaw reaction.
    • Cyrax's mk3 costume should behave the same as the primary costume now.

Ermac
    • Ermac can no longer leave an invisible fireball collision around.
    • Fixed damage scaling a few of his reactions.

Jade
    • All of Jade's Enhanced Boomerangs (Reboomerang) will now return when the first hit is blocked.
    • Jade’s Staff Grab is slightly safer when blocked.
    • Jade’s U3 attack (Pole Vault) can be ducked.
    • Jade’s 4,F3 kick (Polecat) is safer when blocked.

Jax
    • The armor on Jax's Enhanced Dash Punch (Dash Fist) and X-Ray (Briggs Bash) now starts instantly.
    • Added armor to the startup of Jax's Enhanced Elbow (Elite Smash).
    • Jax's projectiles (Energy Wave) recover a tiny bit faster.
    • Jax’s towards 3 attack (Big Leg) is now an overhead.
    • Jax can no longer frame trap someone with his Gotcha Grab.

Johnny Cage
    • Johnny Cage's F3,2 (Take Two) no longer true combos into 2in1’d special moves
    • Johnny Cage's Nut Punch does slightly less damage.

Kabal
    • Kabal can no longer leave an invisible fireball collision around.
    • Removed a couple unavoidable block traps with Kabal. (with F2 and 4)

Kano
    • If you don’t charge and hold the Enhanced Kano Ball it will now keep its armor.
    • Kano’s Knife Toss recovers slightly faster.

Kitana
    • Kitana's Fan reactions on an airborne opponent damage scale correctly now.
    • Kitana's X-Ray (Fan-Tastic) can no longer be reflected.

Kung Lao
    • Removed the pushback on Kunglao's spin when blocked.
    • Ground Hat now leaves both players at neutral when hit close and leaves Kung Lao at a disadvantage when blocked up close.
    • Kung Lao's overhead hat attack is slightly safer when blocked.

Liu Kang
    • Lui Kang's Parry now can correctly give a first hit bonus!

Nightwolf
    • Nightwolf's reflect should work better as a wakeup attack.

Noob
    • Noob's Teleport Slam should connect better with some opponents.
    • Noob should no longer be hit on the ground after he is up in the air for his teleport.
    • Noob’s Shadow Charge hits overhead.

Quan Chi
    • Fixed an isse where Quan Chi's Skull Projectile (Skull Ball) could sometimes become invisible.
    • Added some armor to the Quan Chi’s Enhanced Sky Drop (Sky Stomp).

Raiden
    • Raiden can no longer unavoidably frame trap someone with his Vicinity Blast.
    • Raiden has 2 additional recovery frames on his normal Teleport.
    • Raiden can’t be hit during his Enhanced Teleport (Sparkport).

Reptile
    • Reptile whiffed Elbow Dash now builds slightly less meter.
    • Reptile is held slightly longer after knocking someone down with the Elbow Dash.
    • A blocked Reptile Elbow Dash no longer pushes back.
    • Reptile's Enhanced Slide (Slime Trail) now has armor on it.
    • Reptile can no longer leave an invisible Forceball collision around.

Scorpion
    • Scorpion's Leg Takedown is safer when blocked.
    • Scorpion's Enhanced Leg Takedown (Takeout) now has armor on it.

Sektor
    • Sektor can now 2in1 into the front and behind Up Missiles
    • Sektor's mk3 outfit should behave the same as the primary costume
    • Sektor's backjets will no longer get stuck firing, wasting precious fuel. (Yay!)
    • Sektor’s X-Ray (Massive Missile) can no longer be reflected.

Shang Tsung
    • The armor on Shang’s Enhanced Soul Steal now starts instantly
    • Shang Tsung’s Enhanced Soul Steal (Soul Capture) activates faster.

Sheeva
    • Sheeva's Fireball is a mid block now and the Enhanced Fireball (Fire Blast) is an overhead.
    • Sheeva's Ground Pound can correctly give a first hit bonus!
    • Sheeva's Enhanced Jump Stomp (Jump Crush) now has armor on it.
    • Sheeva's Air Grab has better anti-air collision on it.

Sindel
    • Sindel can no longer leave behind an invisible fireball collision around.
    • Sindel’s B1 attack is a low block.
    • Sindel's Enhanced Scream is slightly faster now.
    • Sindel’s Scream (Yell) can no longer be parried.

Smoke
    • It’s no longer possible to handcuff opponents with Smoke’s Vibration (Shake) Parry.

Sonya
    • The armor on Sonya's cartwheel (Krazy Legs) lasts until the first collision and Archkick's (Arc Wave) armor lasts until her arch is almost over.
    • Sonya's 1,1,4 (Fierce Assault) no longer true combos into 2in1’d special moves from it.
    • Sonya's 3,1,4 (Beat Up) no longer true combos into 2in1’d special moves from it.

Stryker
    • Stryker's Enhanced Baton (Baton Bash) Sweep’s 2nd hit is an overhead and is safer when blocked.
    • Stryker's Grenades recover slightly faster.
    • Stryker's Baton Roll starts up faster and the enhanced version has armor on it for a longer time.
    • Stryker's Grenade Toss and Baton Sweep do slightly more damage.
    • Stryker’s B1,2,2 (Beatdown) combo is safer when blocked.

Sub Zero
    • Fixed some of the Ground Freeze reaction properties which were causing some other gameplay issues.
    • Sub Zero's Enhanced Slide (Power Slide) now has armor.
    • The opponent is frozen for 10 additional frames to allow him to at least get a slide in for some trade cases were he could get nothing before.

Freddy Krueger
    • Freddy’s Nightmare Stance can’t be repeated instantly anymore.
    • Fixed a bug where Freddy could get stuck being immune to projectiles.
    • Freddy forward and backward Teleports (Hell Shift) build slightly less meter.
    • Some of Freddy reactions were not damage scaling correctly.
    • Tweaked the recovery on some of Freddy specials.

Kenshi
    • Kenshi’s X-Ray (Soul Blade) can no longer be reflected.
    • Kenshi is freed up sooner now when he absorbs a projectile with his (Blade Absorb)
    • Kenshi’s F2,2,B1 (Absentminded) reaction no longer lets opponents be hit just as they hit the ground.

Skarlet
    • Skarlet has an additional 10 frames before she can cancel out of her normal dagger toss.
    • Skarlet can no longer 2in1 cancel out of her Slide attack from her Red Dash.
    • Skarlet’s back throw now does normal damage.
    • Skarlet can do her U3 (Lifting Leg) attack from a dash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

So Kabal is S tier? Dam I'm gonna try him out

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    I've always been threatening to really give Kitana a spin, as she was my favourite back in MKII. Never actually got around to it though. Is she worth the time?

Man if you put in the practice you'll be proud (and dangerous) with your grrrRRRrrrl. :)

She kan be very good. Check out Osu16Bit and Crazy Dominican's Kitanas on YT.

All the best,
    Razer

Man if you put in the practice you'll be proud (and dangerous) with your grrrRRRrrrl. :)

She kan be very good. Check out Osu16Bit and Crazy Dominican's Kitanas on YT.

All the best,
    Razer

Really must give her a proper spin. Haven't put Mk on in too long, because I've been practicing my Cammy in SF (and playing the hell outta MK Arcade Kollection)

Really must give her a proper spin. Haven't put Mk on in too long, because I've been practicing my Cammy in SF (and playing the hell outta MK Arcade Kollection)

Lucky **** lol its still not out on PSN here :(

I was playing Super for a wee bit too but been playing MK more the last kouple days. Mostly in practice mode with Kabal. Online play isn't too nice to me these days lol

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Since when did Freddy Kreuger get a job doing mortal kombat games??? Seems like a very good coup for MK - Havnt played or followed the series since about MK 5, but that seems like a great role for freddy :D

Lucky **** lol its still not out on PSN here :(

I was playing Super for a wee bit too but been playing MK more the last kouple days. Mostly in practice mode with Kabal. Online play isn't too nice to me these days lol

All the best,
    Razer

I've been playing it to an unheathly stage over the last week or so. MKII and UMK3 have never been this much fun.

I've been playing it to an unheathly stage over the last week or so. MKII and UMK3 have never been this much fun.

Haha yeah I hear you. I used to play the "slow as **** speed" PSN version of MK II religiously. Managed a 50 win streak on a player before he quit.

Truly great kraic.

All the best,
    Razer.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

All the best,
    Razer.

All the best,
    Razer

Clearly one of these wasn't all the best you could muster, as the was more best later!

Clearly one of these wasn't all the best you could muster, as the was more best later!

Hahaha I didn't notice that! lol

All the best,
    Razer.

All the best,
    Razer.

All the best,
    Razer ;)

Haha yeah I hear you. I used to play the "slow as **** speed" PSN version of MK II religiously. Managed a 50 win streak on a player before he quit.

Truly great kraic.

All the best,
    Razer.

All the best,
    Razer

That's heavy gaming, brother. Still my all time favourite MK game. Never get any work done with that game in my house, lol.

• Advertisement

That's heavy gaming, brother. Still my all time favourite MK game. Never get any work done with that game in my house, lol.

Haha I kan imagine with that kan sitting there and all ;)

All the best,
    Razer

Advertisement