Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

know what u mean,your kabal is my liu kang :p try as i might :o

to my knowledge kabals reset has he highest adv of a reset than involes a normal,if only baraka had the same adv on his knee :(

Nope, I've decided my losses vs. Kabal are down to online shenanigans and lag. I can't play online anymore, I'm losing to Strykers here for crying out loud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

anyone playing MK on xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

posted on tym, epic sheeva tech!

im loving all the new tech that seems to be flowing out as of late, there a sweet sindel levitate cancel video out 2
    and with new shang ad kitana tech being talked for NEC by CD jr and deroitballin
    things hotting up a bit in mk land :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Learning a new Character for DOC:cool:

Get Hype

Nutrient wrote: »
    Learning a new Character for DOC:cool:

Get Hype

hmmm now i dont have to play baraka vs cage,nice!

why new char thou? sektor being dropped as your alt?

i wonder who is it,jax/kano prehaps.....or even freddy??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

If it's not who I think it is, I will be disappointed.

Naphiel wrote: »

hmm, do you have the inside scoop?

Naphiel wrote: »

I hope he tries to Kang mirror match me, his mad ravings and deludedness about my character have finally driven him insane. ^^

Other than that I'm guessing Stryker, best AA.

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    I hope he tries to Kang mirror match me, his mad ravings and deludedness about my character have finally driven him insane. ^^

oh yeah i forgot about stryker godlike AA from that mirror match.......i mean there was never a stryker mirror match..ever :pac:

would be funny if it was kang....or even mileena :eek: (god i hate mileena mirrors,but baraka vs mileena im fine with)

ah kang just creates ravings,even i snapped into it a bit after having to deal with that mixup/adv that night,i joke that hes op thou,if i dont consider kabal op i can hardly say kang is,just very very strong
    only op chars at min are kratos.......and of course baraka :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

@tao/letters: Kan't really komment lads as I don't really get to play much besides online :( which is hell for Kabal's timing >;(

I refuse to play online most of the time like lol

But from my own personal experience id say kabal-Mileena is 6-4/5-5 kabal depending on whos playing.

Kang is a hard match for Kabal I think. His low fireballs destroy iaGB.

@tao: d3s/or d3/low fireball kancel kan save ur life after a f+4 knee but then again he kan be very tricky. Might be best to just block and try to read groundsaw or overhead slam just to be safe.

Hope my limited knowledge helps.

Btw who needs b+2/dash kancel?! *pffft* lol NRS forced me to use something else. (Feels like the old days.... only faster! lol)

All the best,
    Razer

• Advertisement

Well I guess we're just going have to wait and C won't we?

Man don't get me started..Liu Kang IS OP

His X-ray is an ant-air overhead attack that allows combo potential afterwards leading to a cluster **** amount of frustration

The w***** can get up to 40+ percent using the bloody <3 1 2 block string that has a copious amount of FA on block without blowing any meter, if i do Down D you will probably break from the mad amount of meter you stored from that block string.

Hell I may also have a breaker stored from losing almost half my health but wait...

I'll be too busy being chipped to death across the screen when Liu Kang decides to turn into a pretty decent zoner

Oh hey, lets jump over them till I reach Liu kang on the other side...Oh wait, HE CAN SHOOT THEM IN THE AIR TOO

So how about I do a move with plenty of armor?

I get to the other side then...BAM, Liu Kang parried the attack and killed me, Finish him, "Dragon Transformation" Fatality, Throll face

Let's put it lightly, There was a game where I played Sektor against him and I was s****** myself because I was afraid he would out zone me!!..ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SCREEN..AND I'M A ZONER AND HE'S A BLOODY RUSHDOWN CHARACTER

Sigh...I am slowly getting better at dealing with it though and he's not too bad:pac:

Advice: Down D...a lot
    And pick Kratos cause this match up is probably the only 5:5 match up in the game for Liu Kang as the rest are 9:1

P.S I may have gotten a tad bit salty back there:/

Well I guess we're just going have to wait and C won't we?

I get it. :v

I get it. :v

I'm learning Kabal

Nope, I've decided my losses vs. Kabal are down to online shenanigans and lag. I can't play online anymore, I'm losing to Strykers here for crying out loud!

:P
    Not online you ain't

I'm learning Kabal

At this rate, I'm going to be using Kenshi for DoC.

Man don't get me started..Liu Kang IS OP

His X-ray is an ant-air overhead attack that allows combo potential afterwards leading to a cluster **** amount of frustration

The w***** can get up to 40+ percent using the bloody <3 1 2 block string that has a copious amount of FA on block without blowing any meter, if i do Down D you will probably break from the mad amount of meter you stored from that block string.

Hell I may also have a breaker stored from losing almost half my health but wait...

I'll be too busy being chipped to death across the screen when Liu Kang decides to turn into a pretty decent zoner

Oh hey, lets jump over them till I reach Liu kang on the other side...Oh wait, HE CAN SHOOT THEM IN THE AIR TOO

So how about I do a move with plenty of armor?

I get to the other side then...BAM, Liu Kang parried the attack and killed me, Finish him, "Dragon Transformation" Fatality, Throll face

Let's put it lightly, There was a game where I played Sektor against him and I was s****** myself because I was afraid he would out zone me!!..ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SCREEN..AND I'M A ZONER AND HE'S A BLOODY RUSHDOWN CHARACTER

Sigh...I am slowly getting better at dealing with it though and he's not too bad:pac:

Advice: Down D...a lot
    And pick Kratos cause this match up is probably the only 5:5 match up in the game for Liu Kang as the rest are 9:1

haha:p godlike man! its all so true!
    but u forgot that he do all those combos off high,mids and lows :p

when its put like that,my kangs not op comment seems rather foolish :o

is down D.down3 or down1?

and wait kabal!?!? ****!

cast,away,fuuuuu,photomanipulation,tom,hanks-0f396506eb9ae6b25824aa3d75b75380_m.jpg

*above is me by the time test your hype comes with having to deal with both kang and kabal rushdown/zoning with my 1 armor move i have between the two chars i play now

At this rate, I'm going to be using Kenshi for DoC.

oh what a fun day im in for at doc with char i know be there

baraka vs
    vs kenshi 4-6/3-7 (and thats if you know the match up,which i dont yet,mileena the same)
    vs kabal 3-7 (on which there will be 2 now :()
    vs cage 4-6/3-7
    vs kitana 3-7 (even against a day1 kitana,this match hell)
    vs kano 4-6

at this point i should go in training mode with cyrax/jax to learn those crazy damage resets :p

oh what a fun day im in for at doc with char i know be there

baraka vs
    vs kenshi 4-6/3-7 (and thats if you know the match up,which i dont yet,mileena the same)
    vs kabal 3-7 (on which there will be 2 now :()
    vs cage 4-6/3-7
    vs kitana 3-7 (even against a day1 kitana,this match hell)
    vs kano 4-6

at this point i should go in training mode with cyrax/jax to learn those crazy damage resets :p

**** those dirty bastards and their amazing damage!

All the best,
    Razer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just to say lads I'm mad hype about capturing some good stuff on Sat.

I hope you're all bringing your a games :)

Just to say lads I'm mad hype about capturing some good stuff on Sat.

I hope you're all bringing your a games :)

good man doom! :D
    you might get on tape one of the rarest thing in mk...never seen on our shores before......baraka tourny footage :eek:

ill message storms over on tym when the vids go up to get that stuff front paged

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

good man doom! :D
    you might get on tape one of the rarest thing in mk...never seen on our shores before......baraka tourny footage :eek:

ill message storms over on tym when the vids go up to get that stuff front paged

I'd genuinely appreciate that, work together and great things happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Feel_The_Byrne

Just remember if I lose it's only cos I was playing flashy for the cameras:cool:

Just remember if I lose it's only cos I was playing flashy for the cameras:cool:

a flashy kano?? not possible :p....well maybe them corner combos ya posted are pretty flashy
    quick kano question for ya does ex choke have armor? i know ex ball does

Ahh it's good to see MK finally getting a little bit hype, maybe this time someone might make me win from the losers bracket!
    I joke :P

But seriously guys, good luck to any of you who show up this saturday, looking forward to some good games.

Ahh it's good to see MK finally getting a little bit hype, maybe this time someone might make me win from the losers bracket!
    I joke :P

But seriously guys, good luck to any of you who show up this saturday, looking forward to some good games.

kuro lets not kid around...
    ya wont get past round 2, nutrients godlike kabal puts you in losers, then my op raka puts you out,just save the money man :pac::pac::pac:

but in the world of me not makin stuff up,really looking foward to sat,im confiedent i will deal with my nerves better than last time (oh so many input errors :o) so hopefully the tarkatan bloodline will do well for me

lookin forward to meeting the new lads thats coming out for this aswell, MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!

Was trying to get hold of a digital kamera for a few pictures with the MK guys to post in a TYM thread. ****ty mobile will have to do. :P

I might give the MK winner an MK Headband if I kan find any spares.

SPORT THEM MK SHIRTS!

All the best,
    Razer

Was trying to get hold of a digital kamera for a few pictures with the MK guys to post in a TYM thread. ****ty mobile will have to do. :P

I might give the MK winner an MK Headband if I kan find any spares.

SPORT THEM MK SHIRTS!

All the best,
    Razer

An MK headband you say?
    It's only fitting that a Liu Kang player should possess such and item. :D

An MK headband you say?
    It's only fitting that a Liu Kang player should possess such and item. :D

If I find it that is lol

You will have to earn it though, beat everybody else (for the 3rd time?) and its yours my man. If not DoC5 I'll def try to get one for Test Your Hype.

All the best,
    Razer

EDIT: Classic MK and Test Your Might merging into one entity!!!!!!
    GET READY TO **** YOURSELVES PEOPLE!

If I find it that is lol

You will have to earn it though, beat everybody else (for the 3rd time?) and its yours my man. If not DoC5 I'll def try to get one for Test Your Hype.

All the best,
    Razer

Newfound motivation right there.
    Sh*t just got real. :cool:

• Advertisement

Newfound motivation right there.
    Sh*t just got real. :cool:

"Lets see what your made of...." lol

Definitely looking forward to playing the reigning Irish MK Champ.
    Im in for a tough one.

All the best,
    Razer

Advertisement