Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Its official. Sealed MK Headband for 1st place in MK9 @ Day of Champions 5

EPIC OR WHAT?!

DSC01553.jpg

May the best Kombatant win.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Its official. Sealed MK Headband for 1st place in MK9 @ Day of Champions 5

EPIC OR WHAT?!

DSC01553.jpg

May the best Kombatant win.

All the best,
    Razer

I shall not deny Kenshi his destiny of wearing the No.1 headband.

I feel like we should make the headband a trophy :p

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    I shall not deny Kenshi his destiny of wearing the No.1 headband.

I feel like we should make the headband a trophy :p

Lovin' the Afro Samurai reference there man.

Wish you all the best of luck.

All the best,
    Razer

Lovin' the Afro Samurai reference there man.

Wish you all the best of luck.

All the best,
    Razer

Same to you man. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

razer wow such nice thing to do,mk kommunity what...

hospitality-mortal-kombat-s.jpg

good idea kuro of making the headband a trophy,but trophies must be defended :p:p:p

i think doc5 should be dok5 at this point with the amount of hype building for mk at this and test your hype,
    XRAY THAT BITCH!!! (gamerblake,best mk commentator ever)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

This will be temple bar after the tourney:

This will be temple bar after the tourney:

kuro so this is what your doing when your not at casuals! :mad:

Epic **** today lads, cheers for the good times.

Be making a TYM thread once DR gets me the pics on Sun/Mon.
    Be sure to check it out :)

K FTW!

All the best,
    Razer

know Halloween been and gone but stupidly i forgot to post the epic pumpkin my girlfriend made....

know Halloween been and gone but stupidly i forgot to post the epic pumpkin my girlfriend made....

I did this last Christmas :)

DSC01105.jpg

All the best,
    Razer

EDIT: Geez why's this pic so big? lol

• Advertisement

For ATB knowlege...godlike AA is 8 frames...that is all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I've been listening to the DoC videos' commentary for the Mortal Kombat matches. Some of the commentary from the day was quite good, some was really bad, it would be good to get some consistency there.
    This article is very recommended reading for you lads (by our very own Doctor Doom):

http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2011/08/19/doctor-dooms-beginners-guide-to-commentary/

Props to Original Razor btw, as a newbie, I'm well impressed with the commentary I've listen to so far.

I've been listening to the DoC videos' commentary for the Mortal Kombat matches. Some of the commentary from the day was quite good, some was really bad, it would be good to get some consistency there.
    This article is very recommended reading for you lads (by our very own Doctor Doom):

http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2011/08/19/doctor-dooms-beginners-guide-to-commentary/

Props to Original Razor btw, as a newbie, I'm well impressed with the commentary I've listen to so far.

what would u consider the good and the bad?
    not asking you to put anyone on blast,just would like your input :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

what would u consider the good and the bad?
    not asking you to put anyone on blast,just would like your input :)

The videos aren't all uploaded yet, so I haven't watched enough to really put anyone "on blast".

Doom might be a more informed person to comment on this than me, but so far I don't think I can say 100% there were good and bad people, but there was definitely good and bad combinations of commenting teams.

The videos aren't all uploaded yet, so I haven't watched enough to really put anyone "on blast".

Doom might be a more informed person to comment on this than me, but so far I don't think I can say 100% there were good and bad people, but there was definitely good and bad combinations of commenting teams.

i agree,valid points my friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

It's okay dave, I give you permission to say I'm the best commentator

Am I the only i the only one who thinks noobs projectile being an overhead is absolute bs

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Am I the only i the only one who thinks noobs projectile being an overhead is absolute bs

it isnt,its fair

noob doesnt have the best rushdown game apart from trying to land portal resets and abusing upknee,
    so he has to depend on zoning,
    before it became a overhead in last patch u could just dash and low block to get in on noob and noob couldnt do anything,he needed it

good point, it shouldn't cause knockdown though as well, should be one or the other(overhead or knockdown), it's too good atm

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    good point, it shouldn't cause knockdown though as well, should be one or the other(overhead or knockdown), it's too good atm

knockdowns in mk a bad thing though,
    as it gives the option of having 10 invinceable frames on there wake up attack to get in which noob doesnt want,
    except if hes in close the knockdown gives noob time to backdash to safe zoning areas, the recovery on low/overhead clones very bad up close/mid on block or whiff
    like baraka charge is 10 frames so i can wakeup your next clone if u knock me down with one

• Advertisement

Thanx man. Was Vulcan the bad kommentary? lol

PS Raz"e"r ;)

All the best,
    Razer

Some kriticism about good 'ole Razer's Kabal >:(
    Less Dash Kancel **** ups next time.

All the best,
    Razer

Haters gonna hate razer, it was unanimously agreed you have a sick kabal. 1st offline tourney 5th place not bad, this was like my 30th offline tourney so I've gotten used to the nerves.

Some kriticism about good 'ole Razer's Kabal >:(
    Less Dash Kancel **** ups next time.

All the best,
    Razer

**** em! ive played your kabal enough to know its more than "average"
    probely a online warrior who said it anyway :pac::pac:

as jun said 5th in !st offline tourny is no bad result at all

Thanx lads. Put Nutrient in Losers too! :) lol
    Your right **** that guy!

But...... im still gonna work my ****ing ass off to prove that ****er wrong.

Again thanx lads. Much appreciated.

All the best,
    Razer

No promises lads BUT Razer "might" have scored a little bit of swag for TYH.

Keep you updated.

All the best,
    Razer

EDIT: Hardter VS Jun has been uploaded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mXJTs-4gFc

Sup guys, my first time on boards since DoC, and let me tell you, Saturday was some good shtuff.

'Twas a pleasant experience seeing all the new (well, new to the community)
    MK heads, and getting a good banter going on and off the mic.

Now, who's hype for TYH?!

I ****ING AM BRO! >:)

Those vids the others who kouldn't make it excited too so chances are there will be a bigger krowd heading down with me..... and hopefully a bit of swag.

All the best,
    Razer

• Advertisement

I ****ING AM BRO! >:)

Those vids the others who kouldn't make it excited too so chances are there will be a bigger krowd heading down with me..... and hopefully a bit of swag.

All the best,
    Razer

Swag? Care to clue us in a bit...? Also, how many do you think will go with you? Just as an estimate...

Advertisement