Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Swag? Care to clue us in a bit...? Also, how many do you think will go with you? Just as an estimate...

I kan't discuss anything until it/if it happens bro sorry.
    But if it does happen.... you won't be dissapointed.

I know DR will kome, Ill try to get Vulcan down too, Paul Fitz will be going and hopefully 3 other guys so thats 7 including myself. But kan't promise that they will all make it.

Ill try my best.... GET HYPE! (and hurt Dooms' ears in the process lol)

All the best,
    Razer

PS looking over my thread here... its nearly down folks.

Just finished the TYM thread about my first offline Tourney experience.

Drop a komment or 2 if you'd be so kind.

Cheers lads.

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?15971-Tournament-defeat....-a-learning-experience.&p=283755#post283755

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Ah just watched my matches on youtube. Going to blame my pad for some of those dropped combos. I seem to be doing netural 4 instead of back 4 all the time which makes my fan lift miss :(

Also did neutral 2 instead of forward 2 a lot too. Not sure if nerves or pad cause all my games with razor which even though I lost I still landed my combos and then my pad broke :(

Ah just watched my matches on youtube. Going to blame my pad for some of those dropped combos. I seem to be doing netural 4 instead of back 4 all the time which makes my fan lift miss :(

Also did neutral 2 instead of forward 2 a lot too. Not sure if nerves or pad cause all my games with razor which even though I lost I still landed my combos and then my pad broke :(

**** man I had bought a brand new dualshock 3 so DR kud play man, I kould've lent you that! **** sixaxis pads, ****ers break all the time.

Where you not familiar with Kabal?

All the best,
    Razer

First non online run spam noob Kabal match ever. Not much in the Irish scene. Only Nutrients Cage and 1mans Millena I had fought really and that was over 2 months before DOC. Have not had enough time to play lately but I don't think I start missing back 4 by doing neutral 4 like 10 times in a row vs father and jun is like me. Pretty sure I got it 100% when I did hit you.

Hence the reason I had kinda gave up and looked annoyed for the rest of the day.

But yeah great games and all

• Advertisement

First non online run spam noob Kabal match ever. Not much in the Irish scene. Only Nutrients Cage and 1mans Millena I had fought really and that was over 2 months before DOC. Have not had enough time to play lately but I don't think I start missing back 4 by doing neutral 4 like 10 times in a row vs father and jun is like me. Pretty sure I got it 100% when I did hit you.

Hence the reason I had kinda gave up and looked annoyed for the rest of the day.

But yeah great games and all

**** it man. I'll bring the spare dualshock 3 to TYH too.
    At least you ain't got ppl saying "that Kabal was average" and "that Kabal missing a lot of cancels" all over the net lmao!

Next time we'll run it back dude :)

PS you check out my TYM thread? Thise pics are on it.

All the best,
    Razer

I have to wait for mod approval to post on that for some reason. . . . . .

Was trying to tell the guy who wanted weekly casuals that we do them twice a week

I have to wait for mod approval to post on that for some reason. . . . . .

Was trying to tell the guy who wanted weekly casuals that we do them twice a week

Who was that man?
    What days do you do kasuals on man?
    I wud like to travel down to you guys to keep my **** konsistant.
    I wouldn't be able to afford to kome down every week but Id def be up for it every kouple weeks.

Glue has also told me he wud like to play us :)

All the best,
    Razer

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056456711

Looks like all your hard work is ignored nutrient

So is it Wednesdays and Saturdays?

Iv just got in kontact with Glue again and he is up for meeting u guys for kasuals every week. Im def interested 2. Weds wud be better for me but im booked working the next 3 weeks. After xmas im gonna get it off permanently so I need to know exact days. Cheers man.

All the best,
    Razer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

So is it Wednesdays and Saturdays?

Iv just got in kontact with Glue again and he is up for meeting u guys for kasuals every week. Im def interested 2. Weds wud be better for me but im booked working the next 3 weeks. After xmas im gonna get it off permanently so I need to know exact days. Cheers man.

All the best,
    Razer

yea man weds and sat
    theres threads posted before each one
    dear god think of it, if atb,razer and glue were there&mk had a permaintly running setup :eek::eek:
    some weeks mk get not so much play depending on who theres (and if i rent ps38 or not :p)

yea man weds and sat
    theres threads posted before each one
    dear god think of it, if atb,razer and glue were there&mk had a permaintly running setup :eek::eek:
    some weeks mk get not so much play depending on who theres (and if i rent ps38 or not :p)

Its official man BOTH GLUE AND MYSELF are coming fown to Dublin tomorrow for XGC MK 9 (PS3) casuals. Can you meet us at the Depo? Im going to try to memorize the way. Ill be there at 2.30, Glue will be there at around 2-ish.

5 Euro ahead? Thats what I have left from DoC5

Get back to me asap! :)

All the best,
    Razer

Yeah 5 for the day normally

Yeah 5 for the day normally

Kool man see you there.
    Kabal and Kitana runback?

I def wanna fight Jun more :)

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

ggs all good banter today, thx for the lesson usedforglue it was very eye opening, good to see ya again razer, you too Ste. Nutrient... meh.. :pac:

Yeah was a real eye opener. I thought I was at least semi skilled at kitana. Man did glue really show me new things. I never thought of hit confirming block strings and safe jumps in mk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Thinking about swapping my Kung Lao for another character for a while, but I've no idea who. I've kinda got my eye on Kitana. Also (even though I hate him), I'm half tempted to give Stryker a go (just to sicken people if I win a fight with him really :P)
    Any recommendations?

deathrider wrote: »
    Thinking about swapping my Kung Lao for another character for a while, but I've no idea who. I've kinda got my eye on Kitana. Also (even though I hate him), I'm half tempted to give Stryker a go (just to sicken people if I win a fight with him really :P)
    Any recommendations?

no,you cant play stryker!!!! cause then if to play nutrient theres a chance of a mirror match and then id have no choice other than to kill myself :pac::pac::pac:

that u name kitana/stryker i take it your after a zoning heavy char??

id love to see a really good irish sonya but she takes alot off time and is farely execution heavy,id tried and it didnt go well :o
    but anyway if u want zoning,go freddy,besides having crap anti airs,hes a beast
    (if opp blocks a glove fullscreen they MUST block a hellspike,fullscreen frametraps!!! ftw!!!)

• Advertisement

Just read the patch notes.

Negative edge was lowered. . . . . .suddenly all those dropped combos make sense. . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I like to play Sonya but I don't use her properly, I assume she depends heavily on her military stance. I just do b+2, 3, 2, x2, jump 4, air throw. (I think that's the notation anyway)

Any recommendations?

Sheeva.

All the best,
    Razer

no,you cant play stryker!!!! cause then if to play nutrient theres a chance of a mirror match and then id have no choice other than to kill myself :pac::pac::pac:

that u name kitana/stryker i take it your after a zoning heavy char??

id love to see a really good irish sonya but she takes alot off time and is farely execution heavy,id tried and it didnt go well :o
    but anyway if u want zoning,go freddy,besides having crap anti airs,hes a beast
    (if opp blocks a glove fullscreen they MUST block a hellspike,fullscreen frametraps!!! ftw!!!)

Not entirely sure what I'm after, to be honest. I love a good zoning ability, but I usually play quite aggressively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I been using kung lao and never switched , hes too much of a badass:pac:

Sheeva.

All the best,
    Razer

Get out! :P

Get out! :P

lmao!

Richy if Kung gets an MK II kostume I'll use him more. :)

All the best,
    Razer

lmao!

Richy if Kung gets an MK II kostume I'll use him more. :)

All the best,
    Razer

I really hated Kung Lao's second costume in this one. Liu Kang's second is awful too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fr stack

wats up guys sorry for not postin sooner i never log on :P
    doc5 was a blast it was great meetin others who love this game as much as me
    next time ill be sure to rob my bros ps3 pad to save me moanin up a storm lol
    just a quick question is there casuals happenin over the holidays cause ill be up visitin my familia for about 2 weeks :D

• Advertisement

fr stack wrote: »
    wats up guys sorry for not postin sooner i never log on :P
    doc5 was a blast it was great meetin others who love this game as much as me
    next time ill be sure to rob my bros ps3 pad to save me moanin up a storm lol
    just a quick question is there casuals happenin over the holidays cause ill be up visitin my familia for about 2 weeks :D

pm inbound!

Advertisement