Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

on tom brady youtube channel hes started a video tier list,
    really good watch, mk'ers should check it out, brady is back to talkin sense rather than "ranting"

i love how liu kang was described when talking about A-tier
    "safe scrubby offense" so true,so true :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

i love how liu kang was described when talking about A-tier
    "safe scrubby offense" so true,so true :rolleyes:

Alright, ass kicking boots are coming on.
    First off, Tom Brady talks a LOT of nonsense, why suddenly start believing him as soon as he mentions something you agree with?

Also it was funny in the beginning, but this OP s*** is getting old. His "safe scrubby offence" is all he's got. He's a RUSHDOWN for crying out loud! Deal with it or counter pick.

Now, can everyone stop crying so I can enjoy playing my main again?
    ...Or do I have to win TYH with Kabal and show you what "scrubby offence" really looks like?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    First off, Tom Brady talks a LOT of nonsense, why suddenly start believing him as soon as he mentions something you agree with?

Also it was funny in the beginning, but this OP s*** is getting old. His "safe scrubby offence" is all he's got. He's a RUSHDOWN for crying out loud! Deal with it or counter pick.

...Or do I have to win TYH with Kabal and show you what "scrubby offence" really looks like?

Lol I remember when I started getting loads of crap when guile was made top tier in super, that got old quick too :)

BTw lads, anyone know of mortalkombat.com.ua? Vids are picking up a few views from there.

wow kuro calm down man

not goin to even bother commenting on tb stuff,i put the quote there is a joke
    but most of the stuff in THESE videos i do argee with like how quan is better than people thin etc dont argee sindel would be op with armor though

i never said op in my last post so dunno where u gettin that from,ONLY time i ever bitched at u bout kang and not bein joking was playin at like 4am, how many times have people bitched bout mileenas hitbox?

bout being rushdown,yea thats his main strength but he can out zone most of the cast and u cant zone him when he has meter so kang is a complete char not complete rush down only like say cage

bout saying whod u pick for tyh,pick who want want, if ya get down kabals zoning ndcs down by next week pick him so,a kabal mirror be fun to see.youll do well whatever char ya pick so ya'll hear no crying from me. when raka got outzoned or outrushed by kenshi did i cry? so pick kang ,sure pick shao kahn if ya want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I think the only person who seriously bitches about Liu Kang is Nutrient, everyone else just seems to be taking the piss.

• Advertisement

Maybe I did take you a bit too seriously. Apologies, I needed to 'splode a bit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Naphiel wrote: »
    I think the only person who seriously bitches about Liu Kang is Nutrient, everyone else just seems to be taking the piss.

This is true

But this Tom Brady is a wise man I must say

Maybe I did take you a bit too seriously. Apologies, I needed to 'splode a bit anyway.

its ok,i thought the sarcastic roll eyes was making it clear i was joking,team mates remember??

i glad your kang is "op", gives me good matchup exp,like how i argue on tym how kang vs raka isnt 5-5 cause ive played that matchup so much

cyrax/jax/smoke/quan are am my list for my 3rd char to sort out certain matchup problem i have,all have bs **** which i plan to abuse the hell out of if decide to play them,just like u should have no intrest in what people say about kangs "cheapness" i wont give a damn when/if people cry when i lame it out,which nutrient 100% truthfully pointed out i have no shame in and will do to the end of the world,and i will,ill throw a million and one sai's if someone lets me

all the best,
    ste

its ok,i thought the sarcastic roll eyes was making it clear i was joking,team mates remember??

i glad your kang is "op", gives me good matchup exp,like how i argue on tym how kang vs raka isnt 5-5 cause ive played that matchup so much

cyrax/jax/smoke/quan are am my list for my 3rd char to sort out certain matchup problem i have,all have bs **** which i plan to abuse the hell out of if decide to play them,just like u should have no intrest in what people say about kangs "cheapness" i wont give a damn when/if people cry when i lame it out,which nutrient 100% truthfully pointed out i have no shame in and will do to the end of the world,and i will,ill throw a million and one sai's if someone lets me

all the best,
    ste

You beast. This post has made my day.

On a side note, if anyone is watching the vote for the final game at Cannes next year, MK is currently leading. How many of you would be willing to go over and rep Irish MK if it goes through? Just a concept, but it might be worth a shot.

On a side note, if anyone is watching the vote for the final game at Cannes next year, MK is currently leading. How many of you would be willing to go over and rep Irish MK if it goes through? Just a concept, but it might be worth a shot.

You only need 1, the Sf/ marvel lads are going anyways. Not like we'd leave you out in the rain :D

• Advertisement

ive been thinking about selling off some the airsoft collection to go over,since still gots no job atm.sure id prob get my ass bodied but im sure the craic would be good

wouldnt go if mk wasnt there though

You only need 1, the Sf/ marvel lads are going anyways. Not like we'd leave you out in the rain :D

Yeah, knew there was a crowd already going. But I'm guessing we're going to have at least one person repping Éire in every game, no? MK should be no different!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Super MK9 anyone?

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/02/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition-outed-in-europe/

Admittedly it's more like a Game of the Year Edition.

Sairus wrote: »
    Super MK9 anyone?

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/02/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition-outed-in-europe/

yea seen this on tym.comes with the 4 dlc chars and the latest version of game,
    which be handy for xbox users with the whole stupid streaming the patches deal they have going at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Sairus wrote: »
    Super MK9 anyone?

*facepalm!*

This is the last thing I'd like to see MK doing. You've sold us the game already, don't sell it to us again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm pretty okay with GOTY edition games. There's nothing on them you can't get via DLC.
    Borderlands GOTY with all the DLC packs for instance was awesome.

deathrider wrote: »
    *facepalm!*

This is the last thing I'd like to see MK doing. You've sold us the game already, don't sell it to us again!

Well, tournament organisers the world over rejoice when they do things like this!

Well, tournament organisers the world over rejoice when they do things like this!

this also ^ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

This is what I was thinking.
    Real handy to bring to kasual gatherings.

All the best,
    Razer

wow..just watched the grands finals at todays nec
    detriotballin vs cdjr

was ****in insane!

top8 is in the team spooky archives

• Advertisement

wow..just watched the grands finals at todays nec
    detriotballin vs cdjr

was ****in insane!

top8 is in the team spooky archives

Watched em all last night but not from Sp00ky's channel. Is the kommentary on Sp00ky's? I just seen the phone and kamera recordings.

All the best,
    Razer

Watched em all last night but not from Sp00ky's channel. Is the kommentary on Sp00ky's? I just seen the phone and kamera recordings.

All the best,
    Razer

the pools were from the phone stream
    top 8 was recorded with commentary
    the links on tym

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

http://twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/301699983

Starts at 1hr30min

Some nice kitana play alright

Nice one!
    Wasn't the same without "kommentary" :)

Gonna watch em all again later ;)

All the best,
    Razer

considering picking up a 3rd char for tourny use,
    baraka has so much trouble with so many chars(thats my own fault i choose to use him i know :rolleyes: but i always will) and mileena has a few matches i really dont like to play,
    atm im thinking start playing reptile again or pick up cyrax?

anyone else ever have hard time pickin a char2play when its not because u like them but for matchup reasons?(maybe still gettin used to tourny play&playing to win mentality rather than for just fun)

mortal kombat 9 has won best fighting game of 2011 at the VGA's

in your face any other fighter!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Kudos. Now it has only has to get similar recognition from a body with more credibility than a packet of processed cheese slices and we're set.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Kudos. Now it has only has to get similar recognition from a body with more credibility than a packet of processed cheese slices and we're set.

or over 3 million units sold in first six months:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

or over 3 million units sold in first six months:pac:
    E.T the Extra-terrestrial on Atari 2600 sold 1.5 million.

Proving that lots of people can be stupid.

:pac:

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    E.T the Extra-terrestrial on Atari 2600 sold 1.5 million.

Proving that lots of people can be stupid.

:pac:

lmao true,true

Advertisement