Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Naphiel wrote: »
    Well you should always practice with him anyway. You like playing him obviously and it can only make you a better player to challenge yourself.

Turns out I'm sick so I couldn't go search for a copy myself today but my brother was going into town so I asked him to look, so there's still hope.

I'm thinking Rain, Sub Zero, Raiden, Smoke and of course everyone's favourite, Liu Kang. Well mess around with them and see who I like most out of the lot to get started on first.

yea prob just use him for casuals for the moment,only really reason thinking not to is dont want my raka/mileena play to suffer,them unbreakable combos of his just too much too resist...so flashy

well purely matchup wise radien/smoke would be good for covering the few holes that kenshi has in certain matchups (vs kabal,noob,reptile come to mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Lar_

Naphiel wrote: »
    Well you should always practice with him anyway. You like playing him obviously and it can only make you a better player to challenge yourself.

Turns out I'm sick so I couldn't go search for a copy myself today but my brother was going into town so I asked him to look, so there's still hope.

I'm thinking Rain, Sub Zero, Raiden, Smoke and of course everyone's favourite, Liu Kang. Well mess around with them and see who I like most out of the lot to get started on first.

Raiden has no bad match ups. Rain is good but requires alot more practice and execution then Sub Zero and Smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Lar_ wrote: »
    Raiden has no bad match ups. Rain is good but requires alot more practice and execution then Sub Zero and Smoke.

Well I wouldn't say that now

Sub zero I find requires plenty of Work to be useful, not too sure about Smoke however

yea id agree with nutrient radien doesnt have any "baraka matchups" but a few matchs are not in his favor,reptile and sonya can be pretty though for him

reptile,every time radien teleports reptile can dash before radien can move,reptiles forceball safe jump setup easily bait a tele or ex superman

sonya,any time radien teles sonya can instant air dive kick into 30%+ combos (dive kick auto corrects by the way)also alot of radiens strings are interrupted by armor inbetween hits and with sonya interruping with ex cartwheel that again 35%+ reset

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey guys, what do you think about one of you mentioning the year in review vids to storms? MK gets a good few mentions in the second half of the year.

• Advertisement

Hey guys, what do you think about one of you mentioning the year in review vids to storms? MK gets a good few mentions in the second half of the year.

yea doom ill go do that now in a few, also ill post them myself in another section aswell, double posts ftw! :D

they really were beast videos man(theres a song been wrecking my head was it is,ill getthe time stamp later). makes me wish was around for the earlier months but mk wasnt released then so was still in hibernation :P

yea id agree with nutrient radien doesnt have any "baraka matchups" but a few matchs are not in his favor,reptile and sonya can be pretty though for him

reptile,every time radien teleports reptile can dash before radien can move,reptiles forceball safe jump setup easily bait a tele or ex superman

sonya,any time radien teles sonya can instant air dive kick into 30%+ combos (dive kick auto corrects by the way)also alot of radiens strings are interrupted by armor inbetween hits and with sonya interruping with ex cartwheel that again 35%+ reset

yes i know you can punish his teleport but only if your expecting it and if they are constantly spamming it like i do :D.the strings that are interutptable you don't have to use.

yes i know you can punish his teleport but only if your expecting it and if they are constantly spamming it like i do :D.the strings that are interutptable you don't have to use.

true about the strings,radien can live just using f2,4 all day haha :p

but on the tele,radien kind of has to tele alot against them 2 chars or lose the zoining war to rings/arc kick or reptile spit and forceball safe jump setups unless he wants to rely on ex superman which would be ok but if thats blocked full punish

like im not saying these own radien, radien can easily win these matches,just that they have the tools to give radien something to worry about

yea doom ill go do that now in a few, also ill post them myself in another section aswell, double posts ftw! :D

they really were beast videos man(theres a song been wrecking my head was it is,ill getthe time stamp later). makes me wish was around for the earlier months but mk wasnt released then so was still in hibernation :P

I was actually kind of expecting more people to ask about the music, there's certainly plenty of "easter eggs" for people who like fighting games or just games in general there.

7 hours of nec footage with paper legend aka jamesmk and 9.95phil on the mic

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/304263829

enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I was actually kind of expecting more people to ask about the music, there's certainly plenty of "easter eggs" for people who like fighting games or just games in general there.

I think I remember there being some epic Golden Axe in there at the least, might go rewatch them and keep my ears.... uuuuh... peeled. :pac:

I think I remember there being some epic Golden Axe in there at the least, might go rewatch them and keep my ears.... uuuuh... peeled. :pac:

You are correct.

holy ****ing crap this is one of the hypest player vids of all time
    brady seems more fired up that ever and the loss in his family

lol that seemed like the scrubbiest thing of all time to just bitch about one of the best lockdown characters in the game cause you suck with him

Dude, just play Liu Kang, Ankle biter extraordinaire!

*Read YouTube name*

TOM BRADY!?

LOL

One of MK's best pulling a hissy fit while recording it....awesome

i know all the wwe like videos coming out on tym now are pretty funny but brady is a wizard at getting views for streams

ah now maybe a few patches ago sub had the best lockdown, id say cage and sonya own that now,his corner pressure still sick though

with the amount of armor floating around now really hurts sub, like say he clone blocks me into the corner then tries thrown a ice ball,baraka just ex charge through both of them taking 13% damage of sub and baraka takes none because neither clone or ice ball do any damage

imo there are better subs than brady,hes just more well known

oh by the way,ya know that setup i have with mileena with the jumping sai for unscaled damage or reset, now i have one with raka :D (only like 20% though and can only be done in corner but still nice to have)

oh by the way,ya know that setup i have with mileena with the jumping sai for unscaled damage or reset, now i have one with raka :D (only like 20% though and can only be done in corner but still nice to have)

That sounds amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm stressed out just watching that!

Nutrient wrote: »
    That sounds amazing

hmmm..not sure if serious? :o

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

also how do u record your stuff??? very good quality, wana make a big ass video guide for raka for tym

• Advertisement

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/mortal-kombat-gets-komplete-edition-6348335?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B7

More blood for your buck? Looks like the Komplete edition has all the characters, fatalities, costumes, and is even packing the (really dodgy) CD, along with a downloadable version of the classic movie :)

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

also how do u record your stuff??? very good quality, wana make a big ass video guide for raka for tym

I used a hd pvr you can get them in peats but they're not really worth it for 200 because the quality is not good when your playing on it or at least mine isn't. you can get cheaper ones in peats aswell but they only allow you to play and record in sd.

you should definitly do that guide and show people that baraka is not as bad as everyone thinks he is. If you want i could give you a loan of my dazzle dvd recorder.

I used a hd pvr you can get them in peats but they're not really worth it for 200 because the quality is not good when your playing on it or at least mine isn't. you can get cheaper ones in peats aswell but they only allow you to play and record in sd.

you should definitly do that guide and show people that baraka is not as bad as everyone thinks he is. If you want i could give you a loan of my dazzle dvd recorder.

yea man raka is a machine, if only i wasnt such a scrub lol
    jump at him u gettin spined,cross him up u gettin spined,try tele him u better belive you gettin spined (offline anyway);)
    do anything midscreen slower than 10 frames u getting charged
    throw a projectile when i have meter,ex charge
    in the corner with no breaker,your dead

nutrient pointed out something very true bout raka,no meter=no chance
    imo the only two things holding raka out of Atier is b3,1 being made -7 rather than -11 and his god awful recovery on spark,if u dont snuff a projectile it will always trade even if there projectile comes out after....and its -frames on hit :confused:

cool man thanks for the offer,im going to do the written guide before the video one (again on tym some raka tech i posted got reposted a day later with the person sayin the found it....grrrr)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I don't get the smoke bomb reset, how are they getting hit by it, not being able to block before waking up or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Do you folks prefer learning a set of moves and what can flow into the next combo or do you prefer things more on the fly, strategy vs spontaneity.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I don't get the smoke bomb reset, how are they getting hit by it, not being able to block before waking up or something?

its the f4 to ex smokebomb lottery :) ill explain
    when smoke uses f4 in a juggle they is a rollback motion on hit,depending on the timing of when u use ex smoke bomb 3 things can happen
    1.there popped up again with the damage scaling reset
    2.the opp will be able to block it and eat some chip
    3.it will whiff

it is much easier to do if they are knocked in the corner because the roll happens in corner,can be done off 12 or 21 (cant member the input) in corner also

i think its BS and smoke doesnt need it, just like jax and cyraxs scaling resets.
    hope that helps man,all 3 need to be taken out in hotfix imo

Do you folks prefer learning a set of moves and what can flow into the next combo or do you prefer things more on the fly, strategy vs spontaneity.

personally im all bout the strategy with mixups and trying to make my opp think certain things but of course sometimes ya gotta play by ear

but i like to know everything the chars i play can do, whats linkable,what happens when this hits,what happens when this is blocked etc

havnt seen your name in here before, ya on xbl or psn?
    ya should come out to casuals at xgc or the mk tournies
    more mk players the better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Looks like REO descovered as better use for the standing 2 ndc that I use.
    I'll be taking note ;)

All the best,
    RAZER

Looks like MK is set for release on the PS Vita with shiny new exclusive stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

deathrider wrote: »
    Looks like MK is set for release on the PS Vita with shiny new exclusive stuff.

Yep and ill prob never own a Vita lol
    Maybe Satan Klaws will get me one for xmas :/

All the best,
    RAZER

Advertisement