Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Thought you lot might be interested to know if you youtube search "MK9 tournament" Kuro Tao is the 4th or 5th returned video currently. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Thought you lot might be interested to know if you youtube search "MK9 tournament" Kuro Tao is the 4th or 5th returned video currently. :)

We in there :)

**** SOPA and PIPA btw.

All the best,
    RAZER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Have been watching the MK vids lads. Great play, good craic in the commantary and amazing quality recordings. Good to see people enjoying the game and playing it at a high level.

amazing quality recordings.

:cool:

Seriously though I personally love when the vids get feedback as I am sure the players do too, thank you.

• Advertisement

:cool:

Seriously though I personally love when the vids get feedback as I am sure the players do too, thank you.

The quality of the recordings are spot on. You can tell a lot of effort has gone into optimizing the equipment and settings for upload. Even when played at 320p they look amazing.

There are so many crappy quality vids on youtube with cameras in front of screen, background noise and grainy textures.

Cheers, although I would dare say the quality of the equipment rather than my skills as a video guy is what making them look good. :)

Have been watching the MK vids lads. Great play, good craic in the commantary and amazing quality recordings. Good to see people enjoying the game and playing it at a high level.

Getting some comments from US players that the Irish should commentate ALL MK9 Tournaments lol Im flattered.

All the best,
    RAZER

Getting some comments from US players that the Irish should commentate ALL MK9 Tournaments lol Im flattered.

All the best,
    RAZER

Oooh link a doom?

Oooh link a doom?

From the main article -
    hamjay711
    I enjoyed everything from the quality matches to the entertaining yet quality commentating.

From Glue's thread

-"I always enjoy watching UK/Ireland matches for some reason, must be the accents. "

-"You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby" Those commentators were pretty funny.

-"It should be mandatory for the irish to commentate every tourney throughout the world from now on too."

http://testyourmight.com/threads/day-of-champions-6-in-dublin-videos.13632/

All the best,
    RAZER

• Advertisement

Lads anyone ever get a bug that when they try and jump up or up/forward it just does not work. I have tried 2 controllers (brand new dual shock 3) and I have got this a couple of times on PS3?

Controller plugged in to ps3. Offline and online.

Not a huge deal but I have no issues on any of my other games so I can rule out the console and controllers.

Is it just me? Or could it just be the controllers being new?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Lads anyone ever get a bug that when they try and jump up or up/forward it just does not work. I have tried 2 controllers (brand new dual shock 3) and I have got this a couple of times on PS3?

I believe razor had this but attributed it to a stolen controller.

Seems to be an input bug. Seen same thing on youtube. This has happened a few times to me in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

deathrider wrote: »
    Looks like MK is set for release on the PS Vita with shiny new exclusive stuff.

150 new Challenge Missions [made into a second Tower that you can flip between] and more costumes [including alts for the DLC ones] that according to Hector Sanchez we won't be getting for the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

if the dlc costumes arent coming to consoles ill be a very angry tarkatan! :mad:
    if your going to leave smoke,jax and cyraxs resets least give us that

by the way who are people thinking bradys new chars are for final round? notice the "s" there as in a new vid brady says he has two new chars aswell as a counterpick cage, says there top tier chars that no one plays in tournies? :confused:

my guesses are kang,skarlet...kano?
    outside chances.........quan??

if the dlc costumes arent coming to consoles ill be a very angry tarkatan! :mad:
    if your going to leave smoke,jax and cyraxs resets least give us that

by the way who are people thinking bradys new chars are for final round? notice the "s" there as in a new vid brady says he has two new chars aswell as a counterpick cage, says there top tier chars that no one plays in tournies? :confused:

my guesses are kang,skarlet...kano?
    outside chances.........quan??

I was thinking Sektor / Kano

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Lar_

its got to to be raiden or kung lao or both cant see it being anyone else.

Spell my name correctly please.

And please find me the post where I actually said that my pad was "stolen".

I said it was taken accidentally.

But yeah iv had this problem on one pad and not the other. Also on KoF XIII.
    Not just MK. MK9's input bug doesn't happen 90 percent of the time. Its rare.

Don't blame the game.

All the best,
    RAZER

And please find me the post where I actually said that my pad was "stolen".

I said it was taken accidentally.

But yeah iv had this problem on one pad and not the other. Also on KoF XIII.
    Not just MK. MK9's input bug doesn't happen 90 percent of the time. Its rare.

Don't blame the game.

All the best,
    RAZER

Eh but it was the game ;)

• Advertisement

Eh but it was the game ;)

There is an input bug in the game.... BUT ITS RARE.

The problem you are getting I also got in KOF (With one pad and not the other.) Its not JUST the game if it happens in other games too.

That vid is a bad example as hes using a stick. Stick gets more errors in this game than pad. Iv experimented with it. Especially if you use a converter too.

So to answer your original question yes we get the problem but not as much as that vid showed. It has to do with what ur using too.

All the best,
    RAZER

EDIT/UPDATE:

Alright I just did exactly what the guy in that video was doing.
    Tested it with 2 Dualshock 3s, the MK9 PDP stick and a Hori-NPC-01 with an adapter.

I can tell you right now that if you tap up and release it in the quickest input then you will not get the jump.
    In MK9 you have to hold up slightly longer for it to register. So hold up if you wish to jump up or forward.

If N. JUMP would come out straight away it would mess with different characters moves like Kabal's NDC pressure for example. Because of the sliding backwards to forwards to backwards motions sometimes you will hit up very quickly by mistake. Now if jump came out straight away while doing this is would make the kharacter useless.

Keep that in mind.

It is not game breaking and shouldn't be treated as if it is.

Thank you for arguing.

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    150 new Challenge Missions [made into a second Tower that you can flip between] and more costumes [including alts for the DLC ones] that according to Hector Sanchez we won't be getting for the consoles.

Damn handheld bastards. I want 150 new challenge floors too!

lol notice the Test Your Balance resemblance to MK4's Kontinue screen?

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

lol

internet restored!!! yeay!! and i return with my new theme song :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I wouldn't be surprised if we get them [minus Test your Balance for obvious reasons] and the extra alts via DLC at some stage this year. WB/NRS would be fools not to.

I just wonder what the reward for completing this new one will be. Hector claimed it would be better than the last one but I wouldn't get my hopes up. They really hyped the reward up as something awesome and everybody let down when they saw it was just Flesh Pits Mileena.

lol notice the Test Your Balance resemblance to MK4's Kontinue screen?

All the best,
    RAZER

Yep. The Pit 4 is back [I wonder if the Vita version will have Pit 3] and has more ways to die than just falling all the way down to the spikes.

Guys come down to casuals if you wanna play real mk, yesterday session was so fun!!

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Guys come down to casuals if you wanna play real mk, yesterday session was so fun!!

true man, we turn into scumbags in tag mode though :p

seriously though irish mk players get away from that crud online, get to kasuals, go to tournys and have the craic
    (unless you play liu kang then we have no need for the likes of you!! :mad:)

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

true man, we turn into scumbags in tag mode though :p
    :mad:)

dbe268eb-5144-475d-a3d9-9eb0b6afb90a.jpg

Advertisement