Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

I'll get down there soon lads.

My Kabal and Subs Team ain't too shabby ;)

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

HOLY METER BUILDING CHRIST!

was witness to a toasty boost last night (2nd since ive had the game)

match was my quan chi (yes quan chi ;)) vs lars radien
    dan pops up on screen after a quan uppercut, lar wakes up fire ball and hits me to see "toasty boost" in big yellow letters over his meter which with a kick ass whoosh sound effect fills to full

we had to pause the game to think about what just happened as many thought the toasty boost was not in the game and was a NRS troll but ive seen two now so ladies and gents they 100% exist and this proper way way to get it when you get a "toasty" on screen

nutrient was also there 2 witness the awesomeness, all i wish was razer was there to shout "TOASTY BOOST MOTHER****A!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

dan pops up on screen after a quan uppercut, lar wakes up fire ball and hits me to see "toasty boost" in big yellow letters over his meter which with a kick ass whoosh sound effect fills to full

we had to pause the game to think about what just happened as many thought the toasty boost was not in the game and was a NRS troll but ive seen two now so ladies and gents they 100% exist and this proper way way to get it when you get a "toasty" on screen

nutrient was also there 2 witness the awesomeness, all i wish was razer was there to shout "TOASTY BOOST MOTHER****A!!!"

1 night and 1 day of MK9 ftw

Thanks for been so helpful Ste, you too Lar:D

Thanks to you I'm the only player heading to Cannes with knowledge of the Baraka match up in....

Sidenote, Quan Chi is a filth bag, nobody out there better suited to be Shinok's lacky and betrayer ofc, TV Screen was too dirty by the end from all the Rune traps

Nutrient wrote: »
    1 night and 1 day of MK9 ftw

Thanks for been so helpful Ste, you too Lar:D

Thanks to you I'm the only player heading to Cannes with knowledge of the Baraka match up in....

Sidenote, Quan Chi is a filth bag, nobody out there better suited to be Shinok's lacky and betrayer ofc, TV Screen was too dirty by the end from all the Rune traps

if you lose to a french raka dont come home man :p

no probs,
    yea me and lar were talking about that training mode in mk so trash that we need to have more "testing" sessions to figure out things we need to know, whats pokable etc instead of just trying to nut punch and chop chop the crap out eachother

on Quan, you should know by the jc tech i thought up for you today, I AM filth, hate cheapness but love some dirty filth :D
    (by the way that works against wakeup attacks aswell as after the nut punch stun,bit harder timing though becuase of what you get the knockdown off)
    and also remember to end EVERYTHING in nut punch (to forceball trap if want to burn meter)

-ps.theres a awesome sektor guide just gone up on tym, check it out

-ps2.WOOLAY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭NoobSaibot5

Hi guys, I think I played against some of you before in Temple Bar a few months back? XBL Gamertag is Frostninja53. I was just wondering, what controllers do you guys use? I was thinking of investing in one of those MadCatz pads, the Street Fighter one with Blanka on it. I main Mileena and Kitana in this game, currently learning Jade and Rain.

Is that pad any good? Oh, and hi! I'm new to the forums!

Hi guys, I think I played against some of you before in Temple Bar a few months back? XBL Gamertag is Frostninja53. I was just wondering, what controllers do you guys use? I was thinking of investing in one of those MadCatz pads, the Street Fighter one with Blanka on it. I main Mileena and Kitana in this game, currently learning Jade and Rain.

Is that pad any good? Oh, and hi! I'm new to the forums!

welcome man!
    ah a fellow mileena player2 :p
    and yet another irish kitana :rolleyes:

what ever pad/stick/hitbox feels best to you is the best one,all prefence,
    i play on qanba stick(kicks madcatz stick ass)
    jun plays on his madcatz or normal pad
    nutrient plays xbox or ps3 bag
    naphiel plays other games madcatz stick but mk on ps3 pad

so everyone different really

make sure to get yourself down to kasuals at the xgc wed/sat
    i wont be there next wed as be away but could meet ya if dont know the place next on after that

Where is xgc? And what time is it on? Tbh I've very little experience playing against actual players, it's usually AI lol.

But Kitana is incredible for juggles, you can't not love her :)

• Advertisement

Where is xgc? And what time is it on? Tbh I've very little experience playing against actual players, it's usually AI lol.

But Kitana is incredible for juggles, you can't not love her :)

yea kitana has some flashy ones alright, im a baraka main myself,aswell as mileena

its right by the ha'penny bridge, normally from bout 2pm till as late as 11pm
    its 20e depsoit to rent out a console,15e of which youll get back if u rent one,
    if your not renting its just 5e to pay for it

dont worry bout experience man, you'll get it the more you play, casuals isnt about seeing who can beat who the worst (well....somtimes it is:rolleyes:)
    it about leveling each other up and helpin understand matchups and how the game works etc etc

the mk kommunity isnt the biggest compared to say like sf but were a bunch a good guys and new players ALWAYS welcome

tom brady recently released matchup chart for every char,this is barakas one,if i go by this im f-ing godlike but make a matchupchart for a char u never played and just use theory u going to make alot of **** ups, my changes are in the brackets

Raiden: 4-6 (3-7 imo rakas worst match,only char who can escape 22 1+2,f4 trap with no meter,also punishes "safe" charge with corner carry,full bnb combo with corner carry out of rakas traps with 1 bar)
    Kabal: 3-7
    Smoke: 4-6 (agree for min but when/if the resets go id switch it around,charge/spin kills alot of smokes game)
    Kenshi: 3-7 (3.5-6.5)
    Kung Lao: 4-6
    Jax: 4-6
    Freddy Krueger: 3.5-6.5 (4-6)
    Kitana: 4-6
    Mileena: 5-5(yes!)
    Sonya: 4-6
    Cyrax: 4-6
    Reptile: 4-6 (4.5-5.5)
    Scorpion: 4-6 (4.5-5.5)
    Ermac: 4-6 (5-5)
    Sektor: 4-6 (5-5)
    Cyber Sub: 4-6 (4.5-5.5)
    Rain: 4-6
    Noob Saibot: 4-6 (5-5)
    Johnny Cage: 4-6
    Nightwolf: 4-6 (5-5)
    Liu Kang: 5-5 (i am sick of people{ie non raka or kang players} sayin this 5-5,no way in hell it is,even kuro agrees)
    Shang Tsung: 4-6 (4.5-5.5)
    Sindel: 4-6 (5-5)
    Kano: 4.5-5.5
    Quan Chi: 4-6 (4.5-5.5)
    Jade: 6-4
    Stryker: 4.5-5.5 (5.5-4.5)
    Sub Zero: 4-6 (4.5-5.5)
    Sheeva: 4.5-5.5 (5.5-4.5)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

I knew it was in the game but have never seen it in an actual match lmao
    Uppercut after Dan pops up on screen like MK II Smoke Fight?

All the best,
    RAZER

just finished some long online sets with razer, quan vs kabal is ugly match to play,the footsies hurt my face,god damn saw!
    (stupid online mk where the rune trap is pokeable :confused:)

ps.seriously though razer, dont hidden select kang on me again :p

so looks like komplete edition going to hit irelands shores on 3rd march

while talking to paulo on a vsm stream he informed me, in the vita version smokes resets are gone,4 cyrax damage resets gone,
    he was a little vague on the jax reset, from what i got its still there but has super scailing so wont do 100%(what it does do i dont know)

so that sounds promising,he wouldnt answer me about the random adv bug though so not sure whats going on with that although did mention on the previous weeks stream they are aware of it

so consoles should be seeing the hotfix pretty soon im guessing, def before evo anyway id say

side note though, he said he had no idea if the vita only costumes (eg mk2 mileena) would make it to consoles.its not his department which is fair enough so time for me to start annoying other NRS staff.

paulo didnt agree with me also the spark should have less recovery and he makes the game so i change my mind on the subject as he knows alot more than me about what the effects would be,oh well guess my 43 frames of recovery aint going nowere

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

i can live without 100% damage resets, mainly cause i cant do them xP. but he should he be able to do at least 1 "reset" in the corner.

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    i can live without 100% damage resets, mainly cause i cant do them xP. but he should he be able to do at least 1 "reset" in the corner.

what? youve done them on both me and lar, well the 80% one anyway :rolleyes: lol

from what i got from paulo its still in, just way less damage.....sure you dont even play mk so why do u care (joke:p)

id say ketchups face way funny when he wished you good luck for the tourny to find out your werent in it,
    liu kang, styrker and baraka....only ireland knows ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

i beat him in my first game, i find you or lar more challenging tbh.

*16bit voice "OH HE SAID KETCHUPS FREE!!!!"

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    i beat him in my first game, i find you or lar more challenging tbh.

*16bit voice "OH HE SAID KETCHUPS FREE!!!!"

lmfao at the 16bit comment, pure gold!!! :D

still a bit salty i couldnt get to cannes,really like to do a mk tourny outside ireland,even if went 0-2,least i did it
    and the american baraka users would stop giving me **** on how "oh u only place well in ireland so it doesnt count" :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

lmfao at the 16bit comment, pure gold!!! :D

still a bit salty i couldnt get to cannes,really like to do a mk tourny outside ireland,even if went 0-2,least i did it
    and the american baraka users would stop giving me **** on how "oh u only place well in ireland so it doesnt count" :mad:

I love people who think their country is more special than others, just because it's their country.

Fun fact: If anywhere other than America put as much work into Marvel as they do, they wouldn't be the best. There's nothing more to it than that. Same with MK and any other game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I love people who think their country is more special than others, just because it's their country.

Fun fact: If anywhere other than America put as much work into Marvel as they do, they wouldn't be the best. There's nothing more to it than that. Same with MK and any other game.
    That's what happens when only 1 country is nostalgic about those 2 kusoge series...

@doom: yea i know,its sad but very annoying at the same time,some peoples ignorance knows no bounds,
    fun fact also,the greeks play mk to a higher level than usa/canada and alot of the top rated mk us players arnt even american

@kiki: well imo mk9 is'nt a "****ty game" (im assuming u meant that meaning of the word,yes i know japanese words 2 :p)
    MLG seem to think so aswell ;)
    wouldnt call marvel crap either,i dont like myself it but doesnt mean its bad

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Well as you can see from Kiki, it is not just "my country is better than your country" attitude can make people look ignorant.

The "my game is better than your game" attitude can do that too

Well unless you play Smash Bros. . . . . .then your just stupid :rolleyes:

But on topic, yeah it really stupid that Americans think they better than every other country. But they do have the biggest amount of players by far. But most don't travel too much to prove their greatness due to lack of Passports (this was brought up at Winter Brawl and Canada Cup)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MK9 might be "good", but the series is still **** IMHO.

Also I still find MK9 a very, very silly game.

Marvel is broken beyond belief; if that's what you want... go ahead. Still kusoge.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    MK9 might be "good", but the series is still **** IMHO.

Also I still find MK9 a very, very silly game.

Marvel is broken beyond belief; if that's what you want... go ahead. Still kusoge.

yea your right kiki, only a "good" game get evo two years in a row and picked up my MLG, i must of missed melty blood stream at evo....oh wait :rolleyes:

and that a game series is going stronger than even since 1992 is just silly lol

thought mk would be your kinda game with all those female animated spirtes for you to fap on,daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

One thing I wouldnt mind seeing (as minute as it is) would be the team fixing MK3 Mileena's "Be Mine" animation. The head does the chewing motion too far away from the face, and on characters she does reach (like the cyborgs) there's no blood. Something silly, I know, but it irks me slightly lol.

Dying to see what Rain's alt will be, considering Skarlet's was leaked ages ago (and I loved it). Kenshi will most likely have his alt from MK:DA or at least a variation of it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

yea your right kiki, only a "good" game get evo two years in a row and picked up my MLG, i must of missed melty blood stream at evo....oh wait :rolleyes:

and that a game series is going stronger than even since 1992 is just silly lol

thought mk would be your kinda game with all those female animated spirtes for you to fap on,daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

While believe me I do not want to be defending Kiki, I don't think MLG picking up a game has anything to do with the quality of the game, merely how much money there is potentially to be made off of it.

While believe me I do not want to be defending Kiki, I don't think MLG picking up a game has anything to do with the quality of the game, merely how much money there is potentially to be made off of it.

yea i know, was just messing with kiki using the same "silly" logic he was ;)
    same with evo, its all about the dollar dollar bills

One thing I wouldnt mind seeing (as minute as it is) would be the team fixing MK3 Mileena's "Be Mine" animation. The head does the chewing motion too far away from the face, and on characters she does reach (like the cyborgs) there's no blood. Something silly, I know, but it irks me slightly lol.

Dying to see what Rain's alt will be, considering Skarlet's was leaked ages ago (and I loved it). Kenshi will most likely have his alt from MK:DA or at least a variation of it.

i really hope the mk2 mileena costume from the vita version makes it to consoles,dont care bout rest of them just want that

id say rains alt will be his umk3 costume as it just be a pallet swap,
    say your right on skarlet/kenshi,be intresting to see freddys alt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

i really hope the mk2 mileena costume from the vita version makes it to consoles,dont care bout rest of them just want that

id say rains alt will be his umk3 costume as it just be a pallet swap,
    say your right on skarlet/kenshi,be intresting to see freddys alt

Freddies alt needs to be either Jason or pinhead.

Advertisement