Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord's address

Options
  • 17-03-2011 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I moved into an apartment 2 months ago and I have observed on the lease that the landlords address is not included, it was a 12 month lease I signed and I handed over a 500 euro deposit to the agency.

Am I entitled to have the landlords address?

Who has my deposit? The agency or Landlord?

I want to make sure I get my deposit back next year when the tenancy is up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

I moved into an apartment 2 months ago and I have observed on the lease that the landlords address is not included, it was a 12 month lease I signed and I handed over a 500 euro deposit to the agency.

If the landlord didnt deal with you directly,the agency will usually take the deposit as payment of their service. Most agencies take one months rent as deposit.

I dont know for a fact,but id say your not entitled to know where the landlord lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Fol20 wrote: »
    If the landlord didnt deal with you directly,the agency will usually take the deposit as payment of their service. Most agencies take one months rent as deposit.

I dont know for a fact,but id say your not entitled to know where the landlord lives.

He may be entitled to his PPS number :)
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/forms/rent1.pdf

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

jd wrote: »
    He may be entitled to his PPS number :)
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/forms/rent1.pdf

He doesn't need the PPS number- all he needs is the address of the property he is renting. It takes Revenue less than 2 minutes to locate the landlord's details in their database, from the address- their database is incredibly easy to use. The tenant just fills out the address of where he is renting on the form and sends it in. Revenue staff do the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Fol20 wrote: »

They are serving the landlord not me,this cant be right, does this mean I wont get my deposit back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

smccarrick wrote: »
    He doesn't need the PPS number- all he needs is the address of the property he is renting.
    It's 8 years or so since I had to claim this, and the revenue told me to ask for the PPS of the landlord. They said if it wasn't forthcoming they's pursue the matter. Kinda off topic anyway, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

jd wrote: »
    It's 8 years or so since I had to claim this, and the revenue told me to ask for the PPS of the landlord. They said if it wasn't forthcoming they's pursue the matter. Kinda off topic anyway, sorry.

They like to have the whole form filled out- but you're only creating 2 minutes work for a clerical officer, by leaving it blank, other than the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They are serving the landlord not me,this cant be right, does this mean I wont get my deposit back
    That is mis-stated.

Your deposit is a month (I presume). Agencies often charge a month's rent as commission. Agencies often simplify the transaction by setting one against the other and then the landlord just sends them a cheque for the VAT on the commission. It makes sure the agent gets paid.

If you want eh landlord's address and they aren't willing to give it, the PRTB may be able to help you. www.prtb.ie

No
    Doesn't matter who has it, at a guess the agent should pass it on to the landlord less their fee

presumably the agent is managing the tenancy, you deal with him

Advertisement