Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

squenix to open studio for next gen games

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Helix wrote: »
    none of them are what im talking about though

Well you talk about adding memory, that's what the N64 ram expansion was and also adding a CPU, that's what the 32X and Mega CD do. It's the same thing. The problem with any expansion is that only a small percentage of the user base will buy them so you are marketing to a small group and have already lost most of your sales meaning companies will either stick with the larger market or only develope risk free low budget games for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

Helix wrote: »
    i honestly think a lot of people are failing to grasp how far away 10 years is, and how fast technology advances

Very slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Ahh fuck, "next gen" will be back again soon and hang around well into the middle of the next generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Overheal wrote: »
    Hell even the NES and SNES have expansion ports on them. To my knowledge there was nothing ever designed to go into them, but they were there nonetheless.

Obviously you missed out on the potential awesomeness that was to be the Sony made Snes CD!

The Super Famicom also used that expansion port for the Satellaview add on.

Edit - not too sure about the NES though..I know the Famicom used several perhiperals via the expansion port. Must have just left it on the NES to leave their options open.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Edit - not too sure about the NES though..I know the Famicom used several perhiperals via the expansion port. Must have just left it on the NES to leave their options open.

It was for the Disk system that never made it out of japan so the expansion port was never used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The thinking in this thread is so blue sky I forgot what colour the ground is.

Advertisement