Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Hitman 5 Tease

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

its coming... all i need to know for now....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i foretold this over a year ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63936311&highlight=hitman#post63936311
    i was Superfly before the account got borked in the server crash

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This just makes me want to install the Hitman series again. Such a quality set of games; in many ways the Hitman franchise was a series of sandbox games in their own right, maybe more than most advertised sandbox games today; sure they weren't "open world" sandbox, but the way they just dropped you into a level, and said "you figure it out", was sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

pixelburp wrote: »
    This just makes me want to install the Hitman series again. Such a quality set of games; in many ways the Hitman franchise was a series of sandbox games in their own right, maybe more than most advertised sandbox games today; sure they weren't "open world" sandbox, but the way they just dropped you into a level, and said "you figure it out", was sublime.

Ah the joys of killing every single person on the entire map and stashing their bodies away one by one so I wouldn't fail the mission! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Ah the joys of killing every single person on the entire map and stashing their bodies away one by one so I wouldn't fail the mission! :D
    I preferred the devious routes, finding innocent looking items in the map and booby trapping them. My favorite was a mission set at the opera, where
    I swapped a stage / prop pistol for a real one; I then watched at the back of the theatre as my target got "accidentally" shot during a rehearsal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Love the hitman series was thinking of installing it the other day. About time for a sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i loved the one where i swapped lighter fluid for the barbeque and the woman caught fire
    good times!

I don't understand why are they taking so much time?!

When was the last one out now? Feels like ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

When was the last one out now? Feels like ages.

Alot has happened since blood money was released dude

They had to learn new hardware from sony and microsoft
    then they let alot of staff go and was on a brink of shutting down the studio before square enix bought them.
    ideas also how the game can appeal to a new audience cause the stealth games have come along way in the last 5 6 years
    i dont mind the wait im just delighted its coming im sooo happy :D

Alot has happened since blood money was released dude

They had to learn new hardware from sony and microsoft
    then they let alot of staff go and was on a brink of shutting down the studio before square enix bought them.
    ideas also how the game can appeal to a new audience cause the stealth games have come along way in the last 5 6 years
    i dont mind the wait im just delighted its coming im sooo happy :D

God I hope they will keep hitman stealth style. If they will cock it up like mgs4 did then there is no hope for stealth games....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Im sure im not the only one who dumped all the bodies into the bin truck in blood money. The headline was a laugh!

God I hope they will keep hitman stealth style. If they will cock it up like mgs4 did then there is no hope for stealth games....

Whats wrong with mgs4 ? the only thing that hitman needs to address is the a.i , they catch ya out way to quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Because Kane & Lynch.

Whats wrong with mgs4 ? the only thing that hitman needs to address is the a.i , they catch ya out way to quickly

becouse mgs4 took stealth, paint it green, putted some glitter on it, then just threw it in to bin.

gizmo wrote: »
    Because Kane & Lynch.

Lets hope that they don't use Kane & Lynch as the basis of Hitman 5. I remember saying to my brother when K&L came out that they were probably using it as a test bed of some sort for the next gen Hitman game. K&L turned out to be utter **** and that made me a little worried about Hitman.
    Hopefully they will keep the same style of gameplay with just a few tweaks to the AI as mentioned. Also hope they don't tack on a crappy multiplayer either, which seems to happen a lot these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 DamoBrad

i loved all of the Hit-man Games... Kane and Lynch didn't really have that "pull"... and the ending was something indescribable... kinda like

"what? i spent sixty five euro on the collectors edition for this.. a few poxy masks online...not one of them a Centra bag..."

<spoiler>
    The cake is a lie.
    </spoiler>

"....That'll be all 47...."

heres a tiny tease that hitman may be announced this year at e3 , mark your calender guys guys , agent 47 is coming back :D

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/5362/hitman-5-screen-e3-reveal-hints-at-2012-release

Regenerating health & a cover system. I'm calling it now chaps, you best put on your best disappointed faces :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

pixelburp wrote: »
    Regenerating health & a cover system. I'm calling it now chaps, you best put on your best disappointed faces :)

Regenerating health is a bit meh.. hopefully theres an option to turn it off... but a cover system... doesnt that make sense tho ? For all that the hitman series is known for it isnt the controls. Makes sense that a stealth ninja/hitman is able to use cover to evade enemys ?

As long as its still the same formula elsewhere i cant see it failing fans :)

I wouldn't mind a cover system to a degree. Using disguises should remain more important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sgt.Sandbag

http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53301
    I've been folllowing this from the start. By the looks of it we're getting an announcement @ E3 and hopefully a release for xmas, one of IO's employees announced that they're going to be using the new glacier2 engine

Advertisement