Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddys' Day Parade?

Options
  • 17-03-2011 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Anyone any pics or news? Thought there'd be a thread on it by now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

I didn't go, but I imagine it would be as overcrowded as ever.

Got tired of looking at the back of people's heads last year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭goatboy1000

belly dancers and jesus summer camp were my highlights!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

beer belly dancers and jesus summer camp were my highlights!

FYP. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

Getting the distinct impression that I didn't miss much then.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

The belly dancers were milfs without the ilf part and the odd grandmother.
    Pretty standard parade same as every other year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I was kinda disappointed with the parade, its my first time ever being in galway for st patricks day and the parade was worse than what i would see in my home town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

I came to Galway to see the parade and all I can say is " Total Rubbish" worst parade I ever saw non stop groups walking. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

It's hasn't been any good for years now. Local buisnesses don't bother spending the money on a float, so it's just community groups who haven't a penny. I have to say, they make it really because the buisnesses don't care. Macnas never got much support from local buisness in the past and when they didn't do a parade, the local buisnesses were giving out:rolleyes:.

If there was REAL competition with the sponsored floats, I mean if one buisness put in a killer float that everyone was talking about, I'm sure it might shame motivate some others. In fairness, they'd need to have a decent budget, I've done entries for folk and they think €500 will cut it!!. A weeks wages of just one skilled person!!. A couple of grand spent on a float and you might start seeing something

Advertisement