Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucan Harriers, Tom Byrne Memorial 5km (Sun 11am) 22/5/2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

jb-ski wrote: »
    http://www.lucanharriers.com/TB-Poster-South-Dublin-COCO.jpg

This is always a well organised (and tough!) 5k hosted by our neighbours in Lucan.

The poster says it's flat, not tough :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭chinguetti

If my memory is right, there's alot of twists and turns in the park section. Well organised last year and good price for a 5k too.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Lots of twists and turns some very tight turns that can really slow ya down if your looking for a quick time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

4 stars (good)
    I'm just bumping this again on behalf of the neighbours in Lucan.

(i'm hoping some of them will do our race http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056203625 as a warm-up!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LucanHarriers

Hi All,

Just to let you know, we have a just launched our Tom Byrne 5k website in the last few days. All the relevant info like race details, course map, previous winners etc is on the site. Here is the link to check it out.

www.tombyrnememorialrace.com

• Advertisement

Please see the attachment for Tom Byrne 5k Flyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sonkal

Hoping to do this race, missed it last year. Just had a look at the website and it looks really professional. They seem to be putting a lot of effort into the organising this year...So looking forward to it... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Lots of twists and turns some very tight turns that can really slow ya down if your looking for a quick time
    don't think its too slow a course at all, the park section might have a couple of turns but there are some very long sections to make up the ground. I'd say its something similar to the Mid summer 5k in Raneny.

Yes there are plenty of long sections as shels4ever says. If you visit the website www.tombyrnememorialrace.com you can see from the previous winning times that it certainly didn't seem to hold them up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Has anybody got last years garmin profile to share here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055603562&page=8
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Just bumping this off.

This is a great race so hope to see ye there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

4 stars (good)
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me, when does the online entry close for this race, and if I miss it, what time should I show up on Sunday for entry on the day?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Looking forward to this one, Hope to get a PB, would be happy with something around 23:30....

Registration today starts at 10 so just make your way down to Lucan Harriers clubhouse on the Newcastle Road opposite Superquinn... Good Luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

4 stars (good)
    Well done to all involved with Lucan Harriers. Very good race, very well organised. I was just a little dissappointed that you could not turn off the gale force winds :D Very tough conditions for running but that's not something anyone can do anything about.

Others should take note, this is how a race should be run;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

4 stars (good)
    I agree, a good and well-organised race, another one I'll definitely be entering again next year :) Didn't enjoy the wind but that's Irish weather for you. I liked the route, running through that park, and past football pitches and finishing on the track. Thanks to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Well organised race. A good army of marshalls and nice tea and biccies.
    Well done Lucan Harriers. From: member of second best running club in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

I agree with all the above, well orgnised race, thanks to Lucan Harriers AC..knocked a minute off my PB today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

4 stars (good)
    Really enjoyed this today, even though I felt like I was going backwards for most of it. Only criticism I would have is that you ran out of paper plates, but the cake was finger licking good anyway:)

Hi All, Hope you enjoyed the race today despite the bluster conditions:mad:. Results can now be found on our race website www.tombyrnememorialrace.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Great show once again by Lucan Harriers, another fine example of a professionally organised, value for money club organised event.

I loaded pics from yesterday which are available on www.racepix365.com also set available from Peter M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Sorry I missed it, sounds like it went well by all accounts. Injury keeping me off my running feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 3D2S

Good race, what can you do about our weather??!!:(:( Well organized, lots of friendly marshals and nice bit of food after:):)

Advertisement