Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAME

• 17-03-2011 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Which is the best one out there? i.e the one which plays the most games without needing extra files (like some of the newer ones do).

Nothing worse than getting a ROM of an old game and finding that your version of mame says it's missing a few bin files which just be artwork (that doesn't actually affect the game istelf).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hygro wrote: »
    Which is the best one out there? i.e the one which plays the most games without needing extra files (like some of the newer ones do).

Nothing worse than getting a ROM of an old game and finding that your version of mame says it's missing a few bin files which just be artwork (that doesn't actually affect the game istelf).

I think your mixing something up a bit, artwork files etc will never prevent Mame running a game. You do need your roms to match specific versions of Mame...I'd try emuasylum they have a good selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Hygro I can sort you out next week, just give me a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

I'm not sure which is the best version but it shouldn't be difficult to all versions. Have they stopped bringing out newer games on the mame platform?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

No it's still going, it's just getting the proper version for the rom set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

purplec wrote: »
    Hygro I can sort you out next week, just give me a call.

Sounds good :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hygro wrote: »
    Sounds good :pac:

Did you get sorted hygro?
    I am based in cabra and have a complete mala setup backed up with mame and loads more emu's (including daphne) if you need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

hey sham, no haven't got it sorted out just yet, I'm unsure if I've a good enough pc to run loads of emu's tbh, a good mame set up would be enough for me.

I live near the Precious blood church, so if you're near there ya might be able to drop over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I'm at the back of precious blood
    Pm me and we will arrange something
    Cheers
    Sham.

Advertisement