Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Braga, Europa League 2nd Leg, KO @ 20:05

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Where are the leaders on the pitch?
    Meireles looks like he gives a sh!t, even if he's not having the best of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mike65 wrote: »
    Because scraping about looking for a win every two weeks in this while scraping about trying to grab 5th place in the PL is too much for the squad as it stands. Hell even thats being optimistic, it'll be a Europe free zone next season and I'm not that bothered to be honest even if some others get all fused about it.

Some of the players in the squad will be off if we don't at least make an effort to win a trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Because scraping about looking for a win every two weeks in this while scraping about trying to grab 5th place in the PL is too much for the squad as it stands. Hell even thats being optimistic, it'll be a Europe free zone next season and I'm not that bothered to be honest even if some others get all fused about it.

And we won't have to watch games on TV3 that start at 6:05pm on a fricking Thursday evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ebbs wrote: »
    Its not that hes a bad player, but he's not the impact sub you want needing to score two goals.

We don't have any, well not tonight anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

They've put in the effort, but a shocking lack of anything resembling end product so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

BERBA wrote: »
    if he was as good as eagle eye thinks he is then surely he'd be in the team week in week out:rolleyes:

He's an undergrown little runt of a player who shows good tenacity, enthusiasm and honesty of effort - all qualities that are completely lost on a player with little vison and void of technical skills. He's rubbish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I wonder what those All Important Possession stats are like now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

The Muppet wrote: »
    He's injured

Crowd are fantastic - can't blame them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Come on ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

opr wrote: »
    I have seen pretty much every youth game and every first team game he has played this season and loads of him at youth level in previous seasons and while he may become a decent Championship player he will never make it at this level.

Opr
    Well somebody must see something in him in the youth/reserve games or he wouldn't be making the bench. I seen him play well against Everton, come on and play very well against Sparta Prague, and twice against Napoli, one excellent performance and the other was good.

• Advertisement

I don't get that attitude tbh :confused:

Why not try to b in as many comps as possible? Gives us more of a fighting chance of a good run in one of them.

Well done Dirk.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What a save!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

it's coming..... hopefully

Well done that keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

noodler wrote: »
    Some of the players in the squad will be off if we don't at least make an effort to win a trophy.

I reckon by the time LFC is back in Europe we will see a very different squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Ah jaysus, that was the last person you wanted that to fall to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fantastic save there, smothered any bit of space Skrtel had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    He's an undergrown little runt of a player who shows good tenacity, enthusiasm and honesty of effort - all qualities that are completely lost on a player with little vison and void of technical skills. He's rubbish.

What a fúcking ridiculous thing to say. Or can the same be said for Messi? Iniesta? Xavi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kuyt defending well there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

I pray...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

True actually, a clean slate season of FA cup and PL only is what Liverpool might need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ref bottled it there , skrtel should have been off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I don't get that attitude tbh :confused:

Why not try to b in as many comps as possible? Gives us more of a fighting chance of a good run in one of them.

Thats only true with a squad deep enough to sustain more than one seriously fought campaign, otherwise you are diluting what you have by trying to compete on all fronts. Next season only one thing matters.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Trilla wrote: »
    True actually, a clean slate season of FA cup and PL only is what Liverpool might need

I don't think we'll have much choice in that to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Jesus, may as well just throw on Pacheco at this stage, take off Wilson and go for it.

Melion wrote: »
    Who has been better than him this season. Im struggling to think of any, and dont say Meireles because he looked very average until January

Kelly, Gerrard, Reina.

You think Lucas is as good as we will get in that position? Not knocking him, all I'm saying is we can improve on him. Probably the wrong thread fot this tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Melion wrote: »
    What a fúcking ridiculous thing to say. Or can the same be said for Messi? Iniesta? Xavi?

The latter three compensate for their lack of size with what we call a first touch and a brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Trilla wrote: »

Yeah that'll be very appealing to the few quality players ye have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Why would you bring on spearing when you want to win the game?

Braga have coped very well with Carrol has to be said.

I agree but I hope Reina, Raul, Kelly, Carroll and Suarez will be part of it.

I agreed with your view last season when the CL qualification was still possible but we can't be throwing chances like this away to get into a euro quarter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

We are still suffering the ghost of benitez past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Skrtel was about 4 yards offside for his chance. Don't know what the linesman saw :pac:

No fúcking ideas from midfield.

I'll say it again but gerrard is badly missing tonight :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

kenny has messed these two games up big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

eagle eye , your boy spearing having a blinder since he came on

he touch the ball yet?:rolleyes:

4 mins - plenty of time.....

The Muppet wrote: »
    Yeah that'll be very appealing to the few quality players ye have.

It's the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how the **** is Ngog a liverpool player ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well somebody must see something in him in the youth/reserve games or he wouldn't be making the bench. I seen him play well against Everton, come on and play very well against Sparta Prague, and twice against Napoli, one excellent performance and the other was good.

He is very lucky at the moment that we have little or no depth in his position. I don't expect him to get much more game time next season.

Opr

I'll say it again but gerrard is badly missing tonight :(

Suarez is the biggest loss by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Should've been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

great ball in from mereiles there...

Thats only true with a squad deep enough to sustain more than one seriously fought campaign, otherwise you are diluting what you have by trying to compete on all fronts. Next season only one thing matters.

CL qualification is priority of course but trophies matter. If the players can't handle an extra comp then things aren't good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Headshot wrote: »

Cause Rafa bought him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

That should have been in, close though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

:(

the ball hasnt been played in midfield and barely on the floor at all

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

like Ronnie Wallwork was for us :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement