Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Cup - 17th March

• 17-03-2011 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Spartak - Ajax currently live on ITV4 HD.

McGeady starting, Spartak looking bright.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Just noticed McGeady is wearing green boots for Paddies Day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ajax goalie is a ehh bit large.

1-0 Spartak, McGeady has had a cracking game so far.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ajax goalie is a ehh bit large.
    Apparently third choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great defending By Mario there

• Advertisement

That goal celebration was comical :D

2-0 Spartak.

McGeady has just been quality tonight, really looks like he's made progress from his Celtic days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

McGeady has just been quality tonight, really looks like he's made progress from his Celtic days.

In fairness, he always was quality and I'm not sure why there was a reticence to recognise that during his Celtic days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

people are weird. mcgeady has more talent than the no hopers like ashley young in the prem. mcgeadys actually a talented skillful player, such a legend. HE SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER PLAY IN ENGLAND

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

partyndbs wrote: »
    people are weird. mcgeady has more talent than the no hopers like ashley young in the prem. mcgeadys actually a talented skillful player, such a legend. HE SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER PLAY IN ENGLAND

A big LOL for you.:pac:

And your calling other people weird?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

A big LOL for you.:pac:

And your calling other people weird?:rolleyes:

He has a point though, McGeady is definitely more suited to the European style of play than most of the football on offer in the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

partyndbs wrote: »

I think McGeady's a good player, but I still think he's very inconsistent. I haven't seen much of him in Russia, but I do know the standard of the Russian league isn't the best. I actually backed CSKA to win the Europa League though, as teams hate playing there for a number of reasons and their home form is very good.

Incidentally, I think Young's the most overrated player in the Premier league.

Why do you think McGeady should never play in England? He's far too inconsistent at the minute to have any sort of long lasting impact in the Premier League IMO. Hopefully he keeps doing the business over in Russia though and his form is replicated in an Ireland shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Paully D wrote: »
    He's far too inconsistent at the minute to have any sort of long lasting impact in the Premier League IMO.

He would do well at Liverpool so :D

3-0 Spartak, cracking free kick.

Paully D wrote: »
    I think McGeady's a good player, but I still think he's very inconsistent. I haven't seen much of him in Russia, but I do know the standard of the Russian league isn't the best.
    By all accounts, McGeady has had an excellent season and is currently being chased by a lot of big European clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spartak spanking Ajax, the Dutch game really is in a trough then again top Russian sides have a lot of money these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mike65 wrote: »
    Spartak spanking Ajax, the Dutch game really is in a trough then again top Russian sides have a lot of money these days.

Twente beat the best Russian team

mike65 wrote: »
    Ajax hit the woodwork twice and had two chances at point blank range with on the the 'keeper to beat. Didn't deserve to win, but were worth a goal or two. Have to say though, that game was a pleasure to watch, probably better than the other Champions League games I saw this week.

Rangers against PSV on ITV4. PSV surely to grab at least 1 goal?

PSV oblige! 1-0.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Exactly the start Rangers didn't want. They gotta play now.

What's up with McGregor btw?

PauloMN wrote: »
    Exactly the start Rangers didn't want. They gotta play now.

What's up with McGregor btw?
    Rangers trying hard, but are severely lacking in quality here. Not sure what you mean about McGregor.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Not sure what you mean about McGregor.

He's not playing, and I thought I heard the commentator on ITV4 say Alexander would probably also be playing on Sunday.

Rangers playing with 11 men bend the ball in 451 while 1-0 down at home. Madness.

Rangers playing with 11 men bend the ball in 451 while 1-0 down at home. Madness.

Indeed, and they need 2 goals to get through.

karma_ wrote: »
    Indeed, and they need 2 goals to get through.
    They started throwing bog roll onto the pitch, wasting time :eek:

Whittaker looks like the best player Rangers have on right now, what's the opinion of him in SPL circles, any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

He's not playing, and I thought I heard the commentator on ITV4 say Alexander would probably also be playing on Sunday.

Alexander always plays in the league cup, he played last week against PSV too, think its to give him game time really.

Whittaker looks like the best player Rangers have on right now, what's the opinion of him in SPL circles, any good?

great going forward, but only when hes in the mood.

Pish defender.

• Advertisement

I think Diouf needs to come on, you could do with the intensity.

Maybe Rangers will actually come out of the dressing room in the second half?

Disgraceful showing.

You'd like to think they'd have a go at it and play with 2 up front. I have my doubts that will happen though.

You'd like to think they'd have a go at it and play with 2 up front. I have my doubts that will happen though.

Maybe if we even decided to press them when theyre in possesion for once!

Eirebear wrote: »
    Alexander always plays in the league cup, he played last week against PSV too, think its to give him game time really.

Even in the final EB? Mad not having McGregor on for tonight and/or Sunday no?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I make that Liverpool twice, Citeh twice, Rangers twice, Tottingham once, Chelsea once and Arsenal once in Europe in the past 10 days.

And one goal between them scored by the British sides...:eek:

• Advertisement

Even in the final EB? Mad not having McGregor on for tonight and/or Sunday no?
    I think it might have been part of the conditions of his contract extension.

he's a solid enough keeper to be honest, not as good as shagger, but capable enough.
    dfx- wrote: »
    I make that Liverpool twice, Citeh twice, Rangers twice, Tottingham once, Chelsea once and Arsenal once in Europe in the past 10 days.

And one goal between them scored by the British sides...:eek:

Damn you and your ninja edit! :D

Naismith on for 2nd half, good shout.

Naismith on for 2nd half, good shout.

i doubt he's fully fit yet, whats the bets we end up losing him for Sunday now?

i doubt he's fully fit yet, whats the bets we end up losing him for Sunday now?

You know, now that you mention it...... :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Damn you and your ninja edit! :D

:P

• Advertisement

Young Wylde is lightning quick

So ehhhhhhh what are those extra officials for then Sepp?

Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Need more referees :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

More ball to hand to be fair although most times that would have been a sending off and a peno if it was seen

More ball to hand to be fair although most times that would have been a sending off and a peno if it was seen

When its on the line and impedes the ball going in, it can only be a penalty imo.

The stoppage for Lafferty's injury has killed the momentum, ah well, back to reality on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That sound you just heard was 1,000 Irish ticket touts kicking their cat.

Oh well, 2nd half performance was a vast improvement.

Maybe now Walter will see that Uncle Davie is a liability and holds the team back?

Greg Wylde was excellent, shame no one could convert his crosses. 2 stone wall penalties not given.

Walter has to take the blame for the way we set up.

Oh, and Diouf can get himself to **** back to Blackburn, he has offered nothing to us.

Great first touch, but cant beat his man, is as slow as a week with Tommy Sheridan and doesnt seem to be able to put a cross in.
    No amount of fancy haircuts will cover up for that.

Advertisement