Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the point of this site?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Doing someone's assignment for them is hardly helping them out in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You never say that it's for an assignment, you reword the title to pretend it's a discussion. Amateur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

Im doing my own assignment, I just want a little help in understanding what to do. Im doin this subject as an elective.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,205 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is the function of the site not to help people?
    Thats a 2-way street. It sounds like the moderator made a judgement call that you were being a leech on the collaboration and productivity of others.

I suggest you contact your lecturer before Monday if you intend to do a group project by yourself.

sound do you think if i explain that this is just an elective for me he will understand. im only a first year. im not sure if this is even a first year module. i just thought it sounded interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Calling the lecturer's class "Just an elective" will not make him any more pushed to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,205 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

partyndbs wrote: »
    sound do you think if i explain that this is just an elective for me he will understand. im only a first year. im not sure if this is even a first year module. i just thought it sounded interesting.
    I'm not your lecturer and I'm not even Irish, so I cannot begin to approximate how your lecturer will react. However I suggest you don't allow that uncertainty to stall you, as you appear very short on time.

me neither man am a yank 2(by birth...cali boy :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

partyndbs wrote: »

If seems as if your peers have called you on your contributions to date. Maybe if you converse with them in a more positive manner in future they will be more receptive to the idea of helping you in future projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Do they also teach English grammar and spelling in UCD?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Ye, I are a UCD graduat n they taught me al I kneed to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

My point with the above post was that perhaps the OP didn't get the help he was expecting because posters generally frown upon those who make little effort to use correct grammar/spelling, or those who use txt speak. This is especially true in this case due to the nature of the request.

It was not meant as a cheap shot at his spelling....I'm no troll.

Sorry if I was unclear.

Advertisement