Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another biker.ie thread nuked

• 17-03-2011 7:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

Are the mods being paid by iano's band of merry muppets to delete any threads showing the sh1thole in a bad light or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Would you consider it constructive to have a thread here slating another forum? What do you think the likelihood of there being a resultant thread in the other forum?
    How likely is it that it will escalate, become personal, and cause issues for the mods of both forums?

Is there something specific you want to discuss about biker.ie that you feel is being censored?

Just personally curious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

If they're only telling the truth, what's the problem? :rolleyes:

With regard to the OP's statement regarding Iano having mods in his pocket (sorry, I say it like I see it) is he not right? He's a hard man on his own forum but no balls here because he has no power...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If they're only telling the truth, what's the problem? :rolleyes:

I thought my post was fairly clear. Increased agro between the forums and increased hassle for the mods is the problem (as I see it).

With regard to the OP's statement regarding Iano having mods in his pocket (sorry, I say it like I see it) is he not right? He's a hard man on his own forum but no balls here because he has no power...

The suggestion of mods being in Iano's pocket is completely unfounded imho. Unless you know something I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Shut up the lot of ye. Jesus lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I don't see the problem.

Word filter will filter out any swear words, work for the mods? Nah, leave the thread and let it run it's course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

I don't know biker.ie but why is it so important that people bitch about them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Why keep banging on about it - all your doing is to try and promote your own forum, give it up FFS....you're spending far too much time on here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

biker.ie threads are funny, let them run! Otherwise it's just more provisional licence questions :(

Paparazzo wrote: »
    biker.ie threads are funny, let them run! Otherwise it's just more provisional licence questions :(
    It gets boring though.
    Just cost I'm bored I'm gonna show ye me new purchase
    IMG_20110317_002932.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Personally speaking, I think biker.ie is a grand forum but you need a sense of humour to enjoy it. In fairness to them, a thread slagging off another forum wouldnt last long. Its way ahead of that one the OP is promoting, where you get banned for expressing an opinion:rolleyes::D
    Maybe the lack of a sense of humour is OPs problem.

• Advertisement

roadsmart wrote: »
    Personally speaking, I think biker.ie is a grand forum but you need a sense of humour to enjoy it. In fairness to them, a thread slagging off another forum wouldnt last long. Its way ahead of that one the OP is promoting, where you get banned for expressing an opinion:rolleyes::D
    Maybe the lack of a sense of humour is OPs problem.
    He was slagging off here and the other place me thinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

seanybiker wrote: »
    He was slagging off here and the other place me thinks.
    Sorry mate only new here, didnt realise he was having a go at boards as well. I take it the bear is the new purchase, not the carlsberg:D

roadsmart wrote: »
    Sorry mate only new here, didnt realise he was having a go at boards as well.

Jaysus not at all. He was taking the piss outta here because any thread about biker gets closed or dissappears is all.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry lads but I support PC's decision. It's childish behaviour and nothing good is going to come of it. Boards.ie rules do not support the open slagging of other forums anyway. There are other forums that probably allow it so, go nuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

LOL @ Pedobear! I had a Garfield with rubber suckers on his paws and I used stick him on my lid for runs - I dare you to put Pedobear on your bike...

'cptr

LOL @ Pedobear! I had a Garfield with rubber suckers on his paws and I used stick him on my lid for runs - I dare you to put Pedobear on your bike...

'cptr
    he doesn't have sticky hands. Would be funny though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

seanybiker wrote: »
    he doesn't have sticky hands. Would be funny though

I'd hope he doesnt have sticky anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

people are going to have problems with various forums no matter what - each to there own in my honest opinion. I can understand why boards (and other sites) don't want slagging of sites on here.
    You are all entitled to your views - I cannot speak about biker.ie, nor do I wish to. I am on a number of sites - some are good fun, others maybe not as much (more cos I know so few people on there and also being new to biking). Does that mean I should slag the site i don't have as much on?! hell no... I still have a few friends there and use it as a basis to find information etc.

edit: ya know what i might join there to try figure out what all the hullabullu is. not sure if i know anyone on there though for referrer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Biker.ie is run by complete idiots and has 99% of Irelands idiots on it too.

They all "think" that they know it all over there,yet the truth is they know sweet fcuk all in reality.

What a waste of internet bandwidth.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Biker.ie is run by complete idiots and has 99% of Irelands idiots on it too.

They all "think" that they know it all over there,yet the truth is they know sweet fcuk all in reality.

What a waste of internet bandwidth.

As opposed to this forum. Give me a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

paddy147 wrote: »
    ...99% of Irelands idiots on it too.

Ahhh so that's where the one percenters came from :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

If you have a problem with an internet forum, then tell them on their forum.

Do not moan about it somewhere else.
    It does you no good, and it does us no good.

NO MORE BIKER.IE THREADS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement