Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training fc

Options
  • 17-03-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

hi lads

The missus brother has expressed an interest in shooting and i was considering getting him a training cert for one of my rifles but i was wondering

1: can i get him a training cert or does he have to be related to me?
    2: is there a restriction on the calibre he can get a training cert on?
    3: is it the same process as a normal licence?

any and all help will be greatly appicated.

tommy:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    1: can i get him a training cert or does he have to be related to me?

Yes you can and no he doesn't have to be related to you.
    2: is there a restriction on the calibre he can get a training cert on?

No. As with a normal cert as long as good reason is met then he can have any rifle caliber. As you are already licensed the process is much easier.
    3: is it the same process as a normal licence?

He fills out the FCA1 as normal. There are a couple of differences. For example he will need your cert number as he will be the second license holder on the rifle. For security requirments he ticks the box then on the extra information sheet he should make note that the rifle is stored at your home.

He will only be able to have/use the firearm under your supervision and in your presence. He cannot take the rifle home even if he has the security means.

Other than that it should be straight forward enough.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Ezridax wrote: »
    Yes you can and no he doesn't have to be related to you.

No. As with a normal cert as long as good reason is met then he can have any rifle caliber. As you are already licensed the process is much easier.

He fills out the FCA1 as normal. There are a couple of differences. For example he will need your cert number as he will be the second license holder on the rifle. For security requirments he ticks the box then on the extra information sheet he should make note that the rifle is stored at your home.

He will only be able to have/use the firearm under your supervision and in your presence. He cannot take the rifle home even if he has the security means.

Other than that it should be straight forward enough.

thanks for the info.

tommy

Advertisement