Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy Issues

Options
  • 17-03-2011 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Is there any way to change the privacy settings on my profile, particularly the statistics tab? It is viewable to even non boards members.

Otherwise, is there a way to delete old past threads/posts? I understand that deleting the accounting will not delete any of these either just remove my access to the account?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've just logged out to check that and the statistics tab is visible to everybody. It's not possible to remove it, it's a built-in part of vBulletin.

As for deleting old posts, you'd need to contact the mod of the forum in question and ask if they would delete them. However they are not obliged to, and if deleting the post adversely affects the flow of conversation in the thread it's probable that they won't delete the posts.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "deleting the accounting", could you please clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Apologies, I meant: I understand that asking for my boards.ie account to be deleted will not delete any of my threads/posts and just remove my access to the account. Correct?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yes, that's correct.

Advertisement