Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 TON OF BARK MULCH NEEDED

Options
  • 17-03-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Im hoping to make a playground at the back of the Garden for the kids this Summer and was thinking of using Bark mulch for the ground.

Does anyone know where to get a large quantity of it at a reasonable price ??? How much should i expect to pay ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You could try here - based in Wexford but prob will deliver -
    http://www.kinbark.ie/?page_id=18

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi,

I was looking for 20 m3 last summer to cover a lot of beds in the garden. Kinbark quoted €880 incl. delivery up to 20 miles. Just couldn't afford it at the time. So spent the summer weeding instead:(

Good luck

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

Not a bad price if it is for20M3 rather than 20m2. That volume of bark will go a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

@Odelay - 20m3.

Big beds...around 250-300sq metres so spreading about 60-70mm deep across them all. Hopefully will be able to afford to do it this summer otherwise I'm spending my summer weeding again:mad:.

@ 00D91 - Let me know what prices you get quoted. Thanks;)

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 18 00D91

Decoda- Just got quoted €650 for 20m3 delivered from Offaly to Leixlip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

my neighbour got a load of bark mulch last year from a tree cutting service; they came along with a tree & shredded it in his yard, can't remember the name of them. Try Dermot Casey Tree Care (can't add link), they have mulching on their list of services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Price really depends where you are..

Ring around as many places as you can (near you) to get quotes..

The prices have gone up a bit because fuel for trucks has gone up..

Make sure you put weed-barrier down before the mulch or you will still get weeds!

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

recycle center in drogheda is selling 1 tom backs for 60 euro.
    I'm sure they would do a deal if you buy 10 ton of them.
    ...they do deliveries but no sure how far.
    U could try you local recycle centre...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭87pio

around 50e/1t bag. I know a lad who does it and has a truck as well. PM for more info if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,438 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I would imagine a ton could vary quite a lot in volume depending on how wet it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭87pio

He's selling it by a volume. In one tone bags. It'd be only prob half a tone in that, or even less

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Having spent many years in many playgrounds with bark mulch in them, my advice would be to use something else! The number of kids I've seen getting splinters in their knees, how uncomfortable it actually is for a child or an adult to walk/run around on (when you're chasing kids) etc etc - I have no advice to offer on an alternative I'm afraid, but I know if I had the space to make a playground for my child out the back, the very last thing I would use is bark mulch! Just my opinion!

Advertisement