Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Hair Day

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

If I was a superhero my hair would be my weakness. I've grown to love it though.. it's crazy curly!

Names people have called me because of my hair:

frizzy-lizzy
    electric lizzy
    ESB
    pube head

THIS HAS ONLY MADE MY SUPERPOWERS STRONGER!:D

I also can't straighten it, tried once and it was curly again within two hours :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Nah, don't give a shíte, just so long as it's not utterly repulsive
    I'm happy enough with my head of hair, it's nothing amazing like but it's easy maintenance! It's very very dark brown, down to my shoulders and naturally straight. I've a side fringe as well and once it's not greasy-looking I just use a clip to keep it in place. It's fairly shiny as well cos I've never dyed it (I'd love to dye it balck or put in coloured streaks though) and I only straigten it about once every 10 days, but the John Frieda dark brunettes range FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Arra, I'd consider myself a happy medium
    V05 matt clay all the way.

edit: bedhead manipulator too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am happy with my hair at the moment because its the 1st good cut i have got in a long time

Anyway i have had long hair(but really its just a side fringe) for about 2 years now and i think it was the best thing i done was growing it in

The last time i got my haircut was 5 weaks ago and i got a Quiff cut into it and have never had it in because it looked gay but thank god it has turned into this
    kennethNixon2.jpeg

But my hair is very thick and grows out and needs to be cut every 6 weaks to keep it looking like that but it just takes to long to get it looking like that i have to wash my hair everyday and use a blowdryer on it to get it to dry into place then 10 mins of of hair straighting then hair spray to get it to look like that but i only go to a hairdresser because it only pay 22.60 in my local one and i am happy with the job.

But i have been thinking lately to get a lipring like your man from the pic there but i have no idea what my mum and dad well say if i get it done but i am 19 now so i am my own boss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

This thread is weird
    Have more hair than an ageing hippy myself, and it's gone halfway down my back now..between drying and straightening it doing my hair takes a good hour. But still, I dye it so often that I'll probably lose it all before I'm 30. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I had an awful damn feeling I'd be the only one to click the first option :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Sick of my hair. Straighten it - too flat, don't straighten it - bushy.
    I like the colour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I consider washing my hair a push
    Jumpguy, just chop it off yourself, twill be grand ;)
    How do people even do that...? I don't even have good scissors for the job. My barber told me his scissors cost like 200€ or something ridiculous like that. I was like "woah, there goes my plan with the 2€ safety scissors". And how would you do the back? There's no waaay, it'd be such a disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

If it's short(4 back and sides scissors on top) it'd only take me a minute or two, but if it's long like it is now, I do be at it for a good 10 minutes 'til I'm somewhat happy. I'd end up changing it around again before I'd leave, though.:/

I wanna get it coloured or something in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

jumpguy wrote: »
    How do people even do that...? I don't even have good scissors for the job. My barber told me his scissors cost like 200€ or something ridiculous like that. I was like "woah, there goes my plan with the 2€ safety scissors". And how would you do the back? There's no waaay, it'd be such a disaster!

Trial and error! :pac: haha I have no experience with cutting my own hair, I sometimes cut my own fringe or even up the layers but thats about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

For most of my life I've had an extremely well kept head. Such a prim scalp it was that my hair was considered long around the point it touching my ears. I used so much gel that after a while my hair just stuck up by itself, which was a bit worrying.

This past year though I've stopped cutting it half as much, mainly because I have taken an immense dislike to going to the barbers- I was convinced I could do a much better job.

So, about two weeks ago now, when the ringlets I haven't had since I was a child (I'm a fellow) started coming back, it was time to take action and I cut it myself. Wasn't perfect, but I was a damn sight happier with it than with the work of the barber who loves going on his phone halfway through a hair cut, or the middle-eastern woman who's so fat she breathes like a trained sniper every time she snips a bit of hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You can pick up a set of salon scissors for under twenty euro, as for the back just hang two mirrors opposite one another in a narrow room or corridor. There's plenty of tutorial videos on youtube that show how to cut your hair properly and how to do different styles and stuff
    You'll probably make a mess of your hair at first, but sure it grows back! Just try not to cut too much off at one time and once you get the hang of it it's a handy skill to have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Gentle Monzo...? :confused:

Uh, yes. That's been the case for like three months now. :P

In a less drunken note compared to last night, my hair's pretty odd in that it's very, very straight. So odd that some chippie worker started giving me abuse one evening, calling me 'lego head'. A crushing yet accurate observation. :D

Wouldn't really bother much with my hair other than slapping a tiny bit of gel on top of it if it's messy. Otherwise I keep it in that nice medium between long and short (and no, it's not a mullet).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I'm pretty meh about my hair tbh. It's a kinda dark blonde colour and it's been that colour for the past 5 years or so maybe. I've never dyed it though. I would love to but tbh I can't bring myself to do it because it'd end up looking awful.

My hair was a really really really light blonde colour when I was younger and I was practically bald until I was like 2 and it wasn't long enought to tie back until I was about 7.

It just about reaches my shoulders now and it's kind of layed up the front and back slightly. It's straight enough though and I hardly ever straighten it because I just couldn't be bothered to. I only do it if I'm actually going somewhere special. I'd love to curl it because anytime the hairdresser does it for me it looks amazing and everyone always says that it really suits me because me normal hair is usually fairly flat and lifeless and it gives it a bit of oomph but I just can't do it properly and anytime I've tried to do it I've ended up straightening it nearly srtaight away.

I'm another one of those people who has to wash their hair every 2 or 3 days because it get really greasy and manky and looks like rat's tails. It's usually alright for an extra few days though if I've used some kind of hair spray or anything in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

(and no, it's not a mullet).

Don't be ashamed of owning up to your mullet man, they're wellll hot.

captain-planet-1.jpg

Captain planet had one, and he's a hero, as we all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I hate my hair. I always have!! :(
    It's kinda frizzy and curly and quite thick. I get fits of straighting it now and again so it's not really damaged except for my side fringe which is destroyed.. It's a mousey brown colour and I'd love to dye it but I'm scared to take the plunge. And it'd just be too much effort maintaining it if I dyed it so mehh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm another one of those people who has to wash their hair every 2 or 3 days because it get really greasy and manky and looks like rat's tails. It's usually alright for an extra few days though if I've used some kind of hair spray or anything in it.

Ah that's not bad, that's a perfect time. I have to wash my hair everyday, damn grease and having super light hair that shows it so easily. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

ohthebaby wrote: »
    I have long hair that's naturally an awful mousy colour. When I was younger I dyed it brown for a while, then I had pink bits in it. I was super cool. Now I have it blonde but that's going out now so I think a trip to the hairdresser is in order although it's so expensive.

My hair is also super straight which other girls say they'd love but believe me you wouldn't. It's flat, it looks dead half the time, it does nothing.

Hello hair twin. My hair is also naturally poker straight and a really bad mousy brown colour. I'm also currently blonde but I'm going to dye it soon. I'm thinking a kind of auburn colour. So yeah, I'm choosing to dye my hair ginger.

I'm terrible with my hair. I don't bother styling it at all anymore just go for a pony-tail, bun or french plait. All of which take two seconds. I regulary trim my own hair or take a razor to it for layers (totally works btw and it's free). My roots are always really bad too. Jayz I'm just such a ride. All in all my hair is not that hard to manage but naturally it's really boring and gets greasy quite easily which the blonde has helped with. This post is just going round and round in circles so

TL;DR Natural hair crap, coloured hair better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I consider washing my hair a push
    I ****ing hate the hairdressers. Just to put that out there. I've spent most of the last year finding a place that will cut my hair (which is very short) in under an hour, best I have so far is 30 min. And its expensive. It should be like a tenner, like my brothers hair because his haircut is way more complicated than mine! :mad:

My hair is grand as long as I keep it cut and wash it every day, otherwise it gets stuck in this big jedward situation :P

I've spent most of the last year finding a place that will cut my hair (which is very short) in under an hour, best I have so far is 30 min.

I kinda like sitting around, drinking endless free coffee and the guilty pleasure magazines :D Getting it highlighted for so many years has me well used to sitting there for 2 hours or so..

• Advertisement

The longer it takes for my hair to be cut the better tbh. I dunno if I'm a big freak, but haircuts are sooooo therapeutic for me. Oh God, when they're washing your hair...
    *sigh*. I think I'm due a cut soon. <3

Slow Show wrote: »
    The longer it takes for my hair to be cut the better tbh. I dunno if I'm a big freak, but haircuts are sooooo therapeutic for me. Oh God, when they're washing your hair...
    *sigh*. I think I'm due a cut soon. <3

And in those heavenly places where the seat for the sink is a massage chair and you get a head massage when they're washing it...

I think I need a cut now too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

bythewoods wrote: »
    Don't be ashamed of owning up to your mullet man, they're wellll hot.

captain-planet-1.jpg

Captain planet had one, and he's a hero, as we all know.

He also seems to have bits of toothpaste on his face, what a man.

There actually was a time when a crap barber / hairdresser left me in the deplorable situation of having a mullet-y haircut. Needless to say I was mortified and soon got it cut again elsewhere.

And in those heavenly places where the seat for the sink is a massage chair and you get a head massage when they're washing it...

I think I need a cut now too! :D

I've never been in any of those places. Clearly I haven't lived. :(

Slow Show wrote: »
    I've never been in any of those places. Clearly I haven't lived. :(
    They're not even the expensive classy places (haz no monies! :P), just one of the normal hairdressers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Hairdressers are just really relaxing places tbh. There's always something about the sound of a hairdrier going somewhere in the room that is kinda soothing and I nearly fall asleep every time I go in. They're always nice and warm and cosy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

M'kay. I picked the 2nd option. I used spend a lot of time on my hair in 1st and 2nd year. I had a Sonic the Hedgehog, Mohawk-y V thing going (Tight at sides and middle gelled up. Liked that at the time and I got the V highlighted a few times. It looked good and I actually got some female attention except it made me look even younger than I already was and it was too much effort in the mornings.

Then in 3rd year and 4th year I've left it grow a bit. It's longish by guy standards (I'd say the longest of any of the guys in my year). It's extremely inconsistent now though. If I shower and it dries naturally, I end up with it kind of curling out a little bit at the end which I really like.
    http://photos5.media.pix.ie/B4/5D/B45D4CB991534D33869ABF4DC8D1F875-0000328125-0002194458-00640L-EFD72FAF9C06496BBA87540365A2BB12.jpg
    But if I don't have a shower in the morning, it is going to look like this, a bit mullet-y and just generally untidy looking. I try to shower every morning.
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180534_1863768880788_1437967093_2124128_1031297_n.jpg

Advertisement