Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to rent near Mahon

Options
  • 17-03-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I currently live in Dublin and have limited knowledge about Cork but if i was to take a job in Mahon where would be good to look for a place to rent?

Under 800 a month would be good and need at least a two bed. Not sure yet if i'd like to live in a town or rural so any suggestions welcomed :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello

Well I hope the new job goes well for you. There are loadsa choices really for Mahon. If you wanted to live somewhere close I would think Ballintemple, Ballinlough, Mahon. Where abouts is the new job and perhaps could work on that.

If you were driving and wanted someplace a little ruraler Rochestown, Passage Monskstown but traffic getting out in the mornings is a joke here...

Have you tried Daft for listings or perhaps Rose property for listings

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Have a look on Daft for Blackrock, Douglas, Rochestown, Ballinlough.....Blackrock would be within walking distance which would be ideal as traffic in Mahon can be bad.

If you're willing to commute and have a car you can move further out and get more value for your money. Glanmire or Carrigaline would be an option, but again you will hit traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Rochestown traffic can be bad, but there is an old railway line going by there you can walk/ cycle on which brings you right up to Mahon (near CSO/ Citygate).

Advertisement