Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Play Date

• 17-03-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I have a 5 year old rescued greyhound named Sam. He is a confident boy and loves meeting other greyhounds. I used to meet up with a few greyhounds who were all from the same rescue, kerrygreyhounds.ie, but I felt location was not secure enough so stopped going. I would love to meet up with other greyhounds for a run in secure area. We go to Tymon Park in Tallaght as I live very close to it and Sam walks off lead while there as it is secure, there are lots of fields (and rabbits) there too. This could be a meet up spot or we could travel around south Dublin. Maybe once a week or two weeks. Sam is great with other dogs (lives with two small ones) but does not like dogs jumping up on him.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 masmolk

Hi Sarah, just seen your post would be interested in a secure area for a playday, think we have met at the meet and greet at Bray Maxi Zoo with Margaret, I have the cream coloured male, I am in Naas so Tallaght would be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

A new forum has been created by the rescue group Whippet Rescue Ireland. It is intended as a place for Irish (and people from other countries) pet whippet, greyhound and lurcher owners to discuss all things sighthoundy and to highlight the plight of sighthounds in Ireland and promote sighthounds as pets. Maybe it would be good to join here and meet fellow Irish sighthound owners with a view to meeting up. http://whippetrescueire.proboards.com/

A word of advice. It is always better not to publically post details of where you intend to meet for walks. Some years ago people on a UK sighthound forum did this and some dodgy bloke who had read about the meet up on a forum turned up and tried to take a dog. Always best to confine exact meeting places to private messages ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nollipop

Sam looks beautiful!:D

We also have a rescue male greyhound, who will be 5 in April. He's a 'solid' dog amongst others: not too bouncy, but friendly in a laid-back way and always up for extra hugs. He loves running with other greys or lurchers.

We're in South Dublin. Drop me a message if you'd like to meet one weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

PM sent to SarahMC2, Masmolk and Nollipop :)

Advertisement