Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore hardest place to be single?

Options
  • 18-03-2011 12:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭

I been single for too long and tried really hard to meet some-one in this town.

I done clubs, course's, nights etc. Done online dating (it seem not many people from the midland area sign up to those dating website.) and the women are do meet are time-wasters and head wreckers.

I spoken to people who moved to Tullamore for work reasons and they notice how hard it is to meet new people here and glad there married befroe they got here.

Most of my friends are diveded into two. One group who are single (Same poblem as me) and another group who are basicaly marrying their first girl/boy friend's as they know how hard it is to meet some one and see our struggle. Due to fear staying in the one relationship.

So does anyone agree with me? Have you found it hard to meet people living in Tullamore? Any ideas/suggestion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Nope, im settled now but i cant say i found it any different to anywhere else!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭nickobrien1985

Emigrate to London dude

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Bryano11

John 187 wrote: »
    I been single for too long and tried really hard to meet some-one in this town.

I done clubs, course's, nights etc. Done online dating (it seem not many people from the midland area sign up to those dating website.) and the women are do meet are time-wasters and head wreckers.

I spoken to people who moved to Tullamore for work reasons and they notice how hard it is to meet new people here and glad there married befroe they got here.

Most of my friends are diveded into two. One group who are single (Same poblem as me) and another group who are basicaly marrying their first girl/boy friend's as they know how hard it is to meet some one and see our struggle. Due to fear staying in the one relationship.

So does anyone agree with me? Have you found it hard to meet people living in Tullamore? Any ideas/suggestion?
    People from Offaly are called BIFFOs(big ignorant fcuker from offaly ) for a reason:P

Bryano11 wrote: »
    People from Offaly are called BIFFOs(big ignorant fcuker from offaly ) for a reason:P

And theres a reason people with 'no fixed abode' are called knackers.

Dusty87 wrote: »
    And theres a reason people with 'no fixed abode' are called knackers.
    Goodman:D

• Advertisement

Goodman:D

Im just saying:D:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Friends of mine live in Edenderry (sorry if that's not anywhere near Tullamore, I just know it's Offaly!) and they meet loads of people through Macra Na Feirme. If you're under 35 it might be worth looking in to. Not just for the farmers these days, probably more women than men now. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Well Bryano11 don't keep us in suspense what's the reason ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 gg1

Have you thought of expanding your search beyond the midlands? I know online dating works for lots of people but there's nothing quite like getting out there and actually meeting face to face. I've went to a few organised singles events and got a few dates out of them - no love yet, but you never know! They have been in Dublin but I've meet a few people on them from the midlands.
    The company I've used are really personable, it's called www.FirstDate.ie and they organise things like wine tasting and dinner dating.

Good luck with meeting someone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Thanks I give them a try!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Publicdiservice

There's a singles event in Kavanaghs Bar Portlaoise on the 31st of March,

as said earlier Macra Na Feirme is a good way to meet people.

Also you said you were interested in sport, there is a new softball team in the midlands. Its a Co Ed team sport, recreational in the main. There will be an open day in April, date to be confirmed but will be posted here, that might interest you.

Hi thanks I prob go to that. I have date friday night and just joined the phoinex fest group. Thanks again for everybody for thier suggestions sorry for going off on a rant a little.

Hi thanks I prob go to that. I have date friday night and just joined the phoinex fest group. Thanks again for everybody for thier suggestions sorry for going off on a rant a little.

Best of luck on the date man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LorraineD

Dear Single in Tullamore .....

Check out new social site for single ppl

www.singlenotdead.ie

It's new, but for single ppl with similar interests & events.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Have been single about 4 months since the age of 15!! Tullamore is definately not a hard town to find people!

Have been single about 4 months since the age of 15!! Tullamore is definately not a hard town to find people!
    Defo not hard to fing ugly people :cool:

I tell ya -- all BEAUTS they were ;) like myself sure :D

Defo not hard to fing ugly people :cool:

usually what happens when your ugly too;)

Wondering how john is getting on on the date:)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

I'm from Tullamore :D

• Advertisement

She canceled at the last minute. She said family emergency. But she canceled twice before back in Jan with lame excues (I stop bothering with her after that.) It was her who got back in contact with me and suggested meeting up Friday night. I texted her today and she said eveything was fine, so don't know what to think.

Aight John - I wouldn't even waste my time. Forget about her, delete her digits and if she contacts you again, tell her to jog on.

She sounds like a headwreck.

*wonders if she knows any of these people...*

I think I will thanks man. Speed dating thursday night here I come!

I think I will thanks man. Speed dating thursday night here I come!

Storm is a woman;):D,
    But yea, feck it man. Just relax a bit and enjoy yourself. Dont get caught up waiting for her if its been since jan

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

MsJenjers wrote: »
    I'm from Tullamore :D

I'm from tullamore too :-)

offaly1 wrote: »
    I'm from tullamore too :-)

im from durrow. But tullamore is in my address. Does that count

ME 3 - I wonder if I know any of you guys, omg wouldnt be that so weird?

I've met dusty before, but way back before I even knew what the internet was!!!
    And I was sitting next to the charlie chaplin dude in the taxi office...

Its weird as hell to think, one of you guys could be someone that HATES me in real life.
    ouh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

ME 3 - I wonder if I know any of you guys, omg wouldnt be that so weird?

I've met dusty before, but way back before I even knew what the internet was!!!
    And I was sitting next to the charlie chaplin dude in the taxi office...

Its weird as hell to think, one of you guys could be someone that HATES me in real life.
    ouh!

I'd say you are safe enough storminateacup, i don't hate too many people;);)

It would be weird if i knew you guys, could be funny either! Oh and dusty, yep I'd say durrow counts as tullamore:D

• Advertisement

offaly1 wrote: »
    I'd say you are safe enough storminateacup, i don't hate too many people;);)

It would be weird if i knew you guys, could be funny either! Oh and dusty, yep I'd say durrow counts as tullamore:D

ah now, we've our own patron saint and football team, its just the address:D. I reckon we might not know each other but the family's would be.

Advertisement