Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore hardest place to be single?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fairytale

John 187 wrote: »
    I been single for too long and tried really hard to meet some-one in this town.

I done clubs, course's, nights etc. Done online dating (it seem not many people from the midland area sign up to those dating website.) and the women are do meet are time-wasters and head wreckers.

I spoken to people who moved to Tullamore for work reasons and they notice how hard it is to meet new people here and glad there married befroe they got here.

Most of my friends are diveded into two. One group who are single (Same poblem as me) and another group who are basicaly marrying their first girl/boy friend's as they know how hard it is to meet some one and see our struggle. Due to fear staying in the one relationship.

So does anyone agree with me? Have you found it hard to meet people living in Tullamore? Any ideas/suggestion?

I have to agree with you John, it's really hard to get to know people in Tullamore. My partner & I moved here because of his job, he already knew people here so we thought it would be quite easy to adapt, but I have found it really difficult. Some of the lads my BF knows are nice guys but I find it really hard to get to know their girlfriends and female friends, I have tried evening classes, salsa dancing, etc but still find it hard to meet new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy11

i agree

tullamore is brutal for meeting women etc...everytime i'm in the clubs the same people are standing in the same place they were 10 years ago when i went harriers

i tend to go to different towns etc to head out its good. and i lived in limerick for some time that was great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I've met dusty before, but way back before I even knew what the internet was!!!
    And I was sitting next to the charlie chaplin dude in the taxi office...

Is that what i'm known as now? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ayflee

As a single woman it's notoriously hard to meet men in Tullamore. Been living here a while now and have noticed that the guys hang onto their guy friends for dear life and will not approach women. Haven't experienced this anywhere else, it seems to be particular to this town.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dylanchloe

Fairytale wrote: »
    I have to agree with you John, it's really hard to get to know people in Tullamore. My partner & I moved here because of his job, he already knew people here so we thought it would be quite easy to adapt, but I have found it really difficult. Some of the lads my BF knows are nice guys but I find it really hard to get to know their girlfriends and female friends, I have tried evening classes, salsa dancing, etc but still find it hard to meet new people.

Sorry, I know this is a very late reply to this, but came across this by chance, and have to say, I'm in basically the same position as Fairytale, my other half is from Offaly, we moved here a few yrs ago and I have found it SO hard to get to know people / make friends. Have tried the night classes etc too Have a few friends from work, but don't really go out together etc. Just have to keep trying I guess....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Tullamore is a notoriously clique-y town in my opinion, and always has been. People seem to stick to the same group of friends they have had since school in some cases and are very reluctant to let new people in. i think its worse for women, as they can be quite bitchy. The girlfriends of your partners mates will always be the worst! Kind of a Mean Girls set up in most groups, and if you happen to be the new girlfriend, god love ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Tullamore must have changed since the days I lived there (in Henry St.). I was single and that worn our from all the ridin' that I was afraid I'd go up with the window blind one morning unless I was quick to let go of the cord.:D:D

Of maybe I just knew the right way to handle the BIFFO women, being a BUFFALO myself.;);)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Just saw this thread bump. I have met someone and been going out with her for the past 3 months.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Tullamore must have changed since the days I lived there (in Henry St.). I was single and that worn our from all the ridin' that I was afraid I'd go up with the window blind one morning unless I was quick to let go of the cord.:D:D

Of maybe I just knew the right way to handle the BIFFO women, being a BUFFALO myself.;);)

Cuts both ways :D

We look after yere wimmin-folk just fine too. Never leave them frettin either :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

This thread sounds like a Midlands or Offaly Boards night out waiting to happen!

Sure why not! Ye don't need to reveal who ye are to each other. That even increases the craic. Just arrange to meet up and sure isn't that instant friends / new acquaintances / connections? Bring a few people each with ye maybe. People who are up for a laugh and either enthusiastic or shy. But not arrogant.

Ladies, some of those 'min' are fonder of their wingmen than they are of women at this stage. Me, I've my own 'little lady' for 12 years and even if i hadn't, I wouldn't be holding the bise' hands hoping to meet a special lady. Its just not going to happen like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jayjay80

I'm bumping this on the off chance someone might reply!! Just read a few girls comments about making friends being difficult...a move here is on the cards for us this year due to husbands job...I was happy enough but I'm afraid I'll be lonely! I have 2 kids 3 and 8, so that might help...or not?! How have ye been getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 retiredhurler

Tullamore is as friendly a town as you could hope to live in jayjay. Moved here a while back and was pleasantly surprised by how open and friendly people are compared to where I'm from. Wife has had the same experience

Advertisement