Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the Onslow Garden, Commons Road area in Cork like

Options
  • 18-03-2011 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone is from, or knows of the Onslow garden area off the Commons road in Cork city (up the hill across from the commons inn).
    We are a young couple looking to by a house up there, and were wondering what the area is like. We went for a drive up there tonight and saw a fair few teenagers hanging around the place, drinking. Is it like that a lot or did we just pick a bad time (it was paddies night!).
    To be honest it is not the drinking that bothers us, if there is no trouble or vandalism around. Would really appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

When I first moved over, my husband looked at a house there. Didn't like it as there were so many kids hanging around, drinking, etc.

The houses were nice enough, but didn't want to take the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 roomey

Yea, that's our biggist concern I think! We were talkin to someone who lives there and they said it was nice though, no problems. Thanks for the info though, something to think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

this thread may be better in the cork city forum, but that is up to the mods,
    i dont know anything about that estate tbh, but paddys night may not be the best night to judge the place on,

Advertisement