Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would/Will you emigrate?

Options
  • 18-03-2011 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

& Where to?

With the country not in the best state, it's looking like quite a few of us will have to look elsewhere when entering the working world. One of my friends is moving to Oz next month, I've heard plenty of other stories of people I know having to move too. Would you be able to make the big step and move away from the comforts of your friends/family in Ireland?

Personally, I'd prefer to not emigrate when i finish my degree. I grew up in the UK, moving away from my friends a couple of times & it was quite hard. I've lived in Ireland for the last number of years and I'm quite comfortable here now.

However I'm not completely against the idea of emigrating. If I had to I think I'd like to live in France. I spent a lot of time in Brittany when I was younger and I've always liked the place! :) I really like London too, and a random one I'm quite intrigued by was an advertisement I saw in my college course about working in Singapore when I'm qualified. With English being their first language it could be a good experience!
    For some reason I couldn't see myself living in some of the places people emigrate to. I've never been to Australia but it never crosses my mind as somewhere I'd live. Maybe I need to see it and experience what it's really like!
    I'm also not sold about living in the USA. I've been to New York twice, and while I absolutely loved it, I couldn't imagine living there. I hope to do a J1 next year so that could change my mind, guess I just need to travel more and see what other parts of the world are like!

So yeah, could you imagine living away from here? Where could you see yourself?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement