Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying abroad as a mature student

Options
  • 18-03-2011 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am interested in studying abroad within the E.U as a mature.

Is the CAO form only for colleges within Ireland & they liaise with E.U colleges or just apply to the e.u college directly?Also would I be entitled to obtain the same grant as if I was studying within Ireland?

Would be good to hear first off from people whom have actually done this and how you found it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Haven't done it, but would like to do a masters abroad at some point.

CAO is for Irish colleges only, international students need to apply to colleges directly.

Also, grants in Ireland are for Irish college students only, however you may qualify for a grant from the country in which you wish to study (E.U. only).

Your best bet is to first off research the colleges and courses you wish to do, then email the admissions office asking about application process. The college will be able to inform you about grant eligability too.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mazi

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Haven't done it, but would like to do a masters abroad at some point.

CAO is for Irish colleges only, international students need to apply to colleges directly.

Also, grants in Ireland are for Irish college students only, however you may qualify for a grant from the country in which you wish to study (E.U. only).

Your best bet is to first off research the colleges and courses you wish to do, then email the admissions office asking about application process. The college will be able to inform you about grant eligability too.

Cheers for that Jackass!

Advertisement