Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby named after Burnley team

• 18-03-2011 4:00am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

:eek:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/03/12/
    baby-named-after-every-burnley-fc-player-that-played-in-first-game-of-the-season-115875-22983336/

Newborn baby Jensen Preston has been named after every member of his parents’ favourite football team.

The six-week-old has the names of the 14 players who starred in Burnley’s 1-0 win in the season’s opening game against Nottingham Forest.

His full name is Jensen Jay Alexander Bikey Carlisle Duff Elliott Fox Iwelumo Marney Mears Paterson Thompson Wallace Preston.

Dad Stephen, 41, of Colne, Lancs, said: “We had already decided to call him Jensen as he is his mum’s favourite player, but we couldn’t decide on a middle name so we went for the whole team.”

He added: “We have seven children between us and this is going to be our last so we thought why not go for *something different?”

Jensen, named after goalie Brian, might have been born a Claret, but has the surname of rivals Preston. Mum Amanda, 40, said he has been to his first game and has a season ticket for next year.
    That poor child!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Madness. Absolute Madness. Why would you buy a 1 year old child a season ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

And yet he will never escape the fact his surname is that of a local rival! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

"we thought we'd go for something different".

It's a baby, not a f*cking resaurant menu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

You never go full retard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Reminds me of this fella:
    This is the Liverpool fan formerly known as Shaun McCormack. The 36-year-old dad of four had a brain wave 35 days ago. He wanted to change his name by deed poll to prove his dedication to his football team. How about changing it to the name of the captain?
    “I did think about changing my name to Steven Gerrard, but I wanted something a little more flamboyant.”

So, you guessed it, ol’ Shaun here officially changed his name to Fernando Torres. He’s even opened up a bank account in his new identity and put a new moniker on his birth certificate.
    “It’s a dream come true,” he said. “I know he isn’t having the greatest of seasons but, for me, he’s the best striker on the planet.”
    Oops.

http://thechelseablog.org/2011/01/31/the-real-loser-today-is-fernando-torres/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

I see your Fernando Torres and raise you a Motherwell Football Club!
    :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8286672.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fcukin' mentallers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Saw the parents interviewed on SSN...an Irish way of describing them would be harmless...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

The poor woman that marries that child!

"Mary repeat after me, I Mary Pamela Smith take thee Jensen Jay Alexander Bikey Carlisle Duff Elliott Fox Iwelumo Marney Mears Paterson Thompson Wallace Preston as my lawful wedded husband"

"Eh.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

ShooterSF wrote: »
    The poor woman that marries that child!

"Mary repeat after me, I Mary Pamela Smith take thee Jensen Jay Alexander Bikey Carlisle Duff Elliott Fox Iwelumo Marney Mears Paterson Thompson Wallace Preston as my lawful wedded husband"

"Eh.."
    We are gathered here today...

...to witness the marriage
    of Mervyn, the Sheriff of...

Mervyn?

Your name is Mervyn?

Shut up! Shut up

Continue with the service.

Do you...

...Sheriff of Rottingham...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I remember reading about a couple a few years ago with the surname Larkin. They were mad Celtic fans and when their son was born, they named him: Henrik Larkin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

My brother is named Gary after Gary McAllister, but my god some people take it waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too seriously!

there will be people calling their kids Chicarito next! the world has gone mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

SarahBM wrote: »
    there will be people calling their kids Chicarito next!

Couldn't blame them in fairness. What a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

baz2009 wrote: »
    Couldn't blame them in fairness. What a man.

Ya but if your surname is jones or smith or whatever, it sounds a bit mad! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Degag wrote: »
    Madness. Absolute Madness. Why would you buy a 1 year old child a season ticket?

Season ticket for Burnley is only six pound.Cheaper than a child minder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Surprised nobody pointed out the fact that the Burnley kid's surname is Preston :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

dsmythy wrote: »
    Surprised nobody pointed out the fact that the Burnley kid's surname is Preston biggrin.gif

Here.
    And yet he will never escape the fact his surname is that of a local rival! :D

And it's also in the OP.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Jeez I hope that story is made up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Thread lacks John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood.

Portsmouth_468x354.jpg

Advertisement