Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers in Dublin

Options
  • 17-03-2011 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I was queuing for a nightclub last night on Harcourt Street (dont know if I am allowed to mention the name), there were 6 of us together and we witnessed the bouncer elbow a young lad of about 19 in the face for absolutely no reason other that asking why he wasnt being allowed into the club. After this incident the lad simply said in a non-aggressive manner to the bouncer that he shouldnt do that, the bouncer proceeded to punch the guy, he knocked him to the ground and the guy whacked his head off the luas line. It was unbelievable!! Our group started talking to each other saying that the behaviour was disgraceful. Another boucer walking by heard our convesatuion and said to us 'you arent getting in tonight'. When we got to the top of the queue we were called scumbags and totally abused. The bouncer refused to give us his name or bouncer ID Number. I managed to speak to a general manger, who was remotely understanding but took no responsibility. Where do I go from here?> I am so so mad, we had very little drink taken and did nothing wrong.

Comments

Guards, straight away, you and all your mates should make statements.
    Isn't there a station on Harcourt Terrace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 doyle_cae

But do they take it seriously? and on what grounds am I making a statement? - refusal of entry to a nightclub, then its our word against his? Sorry, dont mean to be negative, I really want to follow this up, just want to do it properly, I hate the thought of bouncers hitting people for no reason at all, someone could be so badly hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Where in galway city is harcourt street?
    Were you drinking?
    Was your friend drinking?
    Accurate cctv coverage is the only possible comeback you have

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

doyle_cae wrote: »
    I was queuing for a nightclub last night on Harcourt Street (dont know if I am allowed to mention the name), there were 6 of us together and we witnessed the bouncer elbow a young lad of about 19 in the face for absolutely no reason other that asking why he wasnt being allowed into the club. After this incident the lad simply said in a non-aggressive manner to the bouncer that he shouldnt do that, the bouncer proceeded to punch the guy, he knocked him to the ground and the guy whacked his head off the luas line. It was unbelievable!! Our group started talking to each other saying that the behaviour was disgraceful. Another boucer walking by heard our convesatuion and said to us 'you arent getting in tonight'. When we got to the top of the queue we were called scumbags and totally abused. The bouncer refused to give us his name or bouncer ID Number. I managed to speak to a general manger, who was remotely understanding but took no responsibility. Where do I go from here?> I am so so mad, we had very little drink taken and did nothing wrong.

I know of a serious incident that happened in a nightclub on Harcourt St about a year ago, bouncers on powertrips punching girls etc etc. So if it's the same club, which I'm thinking it could be, the bouncers there are known to be ridiculous, stuff like that happens quite often. Loads of people I know complained to the guards, nothing was done, complained to management, nothing was done. Management also said that it wasn't caught on CCTV, but wouldn't let someone else watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Do not let this go!!!!

Go to the guards and make a formal complaint all of you, the only way that bouncers will quit this type of carry on is if they are called up on it. Obviously people have drink taken when they are out and I believe a few bouncers take advantage of this to carry on in a terrible manner....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway -> Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

I hope at least one of you were sober. All you should make statements.

Just as a rule of thumb; I would avoid the places that have queues filled with underage teens. I'm not saying that club was like that but it's mostly the clubs that are fine with letting in obviously underaged kids that seem to have the worst bouncers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Why is the thread title 'bouncers in Dublin' when you (the OP) are only concerned with the behaviour of the doorstaff on one particular club?.

Report the incident to the cops, but if the guy who was assualted hasn't made a complain I suspect your onto a loser.

I'll leave the thread open, for now. But be careful.

Why is the thread title 'bouncers in Dublin' when you (the OP) are only concerned with the behaviour of the doorstaff on one particular club?.

Report the incident to the cops, but if the guy who was assualted hasn't made a complain I suspect your onto a loser.

I'll leave the thread open, for now. But be careful.

In fairness, a lot of times people won't make the complaint. I'm not having a go at you but you used to be a bouncer, right? Even if the fella was a bit drunk, you'd more than likely just get him outside, end of.
    A lot of times people just don't see the point of making the complaints since (and I've seen it myself), once the bouncer just says "ah your man was drunk" and the police take their word for it.

Em Makimo, you are totally nit-picking with what the thread is called. I am new to boards.ie and just put up the post cos I am very annoyed. I simply stated Dublin because the thread was discussing bouncers in Galway. Hope that clears that up for you!!!!

I was sober, had had two drinks. I am not a teenager, I am 30 years of age. I tend to not go to clubs where there are drunk teenagers as I am a secondary school teacher and like to avoid young teenagers. The point is that there are non-violent ways to deal with people. I understand that bouncers deal with all kinds of abuse and people who are drunk and disorderly but me as a punter to a club - that is not my problem, dont be a bouncer if you dont have patience and cant deal with people who are drunk. I cant go around punching kids in the classroom if they annoy me so dont work on a door where your patience will be tested if you are evidently in this case an angry and confrontational person.

I simply want to know is there some form of commission to report this guy to as his behaviour was dangerous. Imagine that was your brother or kid and some bouncer punched him to the ground for no reason. It disgusts me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Em Makimo, you are totally nit-picking with what the thread is called. I am new to boards.ie and just put up the post cos I am very annoyed. I simply stated Dublin because the thread was discussing bouncers in Galway. Hope that clears that up for you!!!!

I was sober, had had two drinks. I am not a teenager, I am 30 years of age. I tend to not go to clubs where there are drunk teenagers as I am a secondary school teacher and like to avoid young teenagers. The point is that there are non-violent ways to deal with people. I understand that bouncers deal with all kinds of abuse and people who are drunk and disorderly but me as a punter to a club - that is not my problem, dont be a bouncer if you dont have patience and cant deal with people who are drunk. I cant go around punching kids in the classroom if they annoy me so dont work on a door where your patience will be tested if you are evidently in this case an angry and confrontational person.

I simply want to know is there some form of commission to report this guy to as his behaviour was dangerous. Imagine that was your brother or kid and some bouncer punched him to the ground for no reason. It disgusts me!

*Reaches for the popcorn whilst awaiting imminent ban from the Dublin City forum* :p

He's a former bouncer and seems to be pretty level-headed from what I see on the boards.

It wasn't about bouncers in Dublin, just one club; that was his point.

Anyway, we said the police, I think you should try there first.

Dont get your response at all??!!

Basically you were acting like a bit of a muppet and it's not allowed here. So said user that you quoted thinks you'll be banned from here.

Grand, thought this was a discussion forum. I was under the impression that we were discussing how to report an abusive bouncer and I disagreed with one post which in itself was a bit smartass and now Im 'acting like a muppet'.

Thanks to those of you who were supportive and offered advice on what to do, I appreciate it.

Basically you were acting like a bit of a muppet and it's not allowed here. So said user that you quoted thinks you'll be banned from here.

How do I not see that post you quoted????

Grand, thought this was a discussion forum. I was under the impression that we were discussing how to report an abusive bouncer and I disagreed with one post which in itself was a bit smartass and now Im 'acting like a muppet'.

Thanks to those of you who were supportive and offered advice on what to do, I appreciate it.

Eh you have to understand he's a mod on this forum (Dublin City). So while it may have sound a bit of a muppety post. He was just acting as a moderator AND a normal user so... that'll probably be your confusion.
    You're always allowed to discuss things, take a look at the rules but basically there's instructions dealing with what to do if you disagree with a moderator.
    SteoL wrote: »
    How do I not see that post you quoted????

Hmm? The word "muppet" was a link to the boards wiki. I dunno what you mean though.

Google is your friend!, these are the useless shower who regulate the private security industry in Ireland.

Hmm? The word "muppet" was a link to the boards wiki. I dunno what you mean though.

You quoted doyle_cae's (post 14) saying "Don't get your response at all??!!" but I don't see him posting that. Nothing major, he probably deleted it.

SteoL wrote: »
    You quoted doyle_cae's (post 14) saying "Don't get your response at all??!!" but I don't see him posting that. Nothing major, he probably deleted it.

Ah right. Yeah, he deleted it or the mods did. It was what quoting your post when you said you grabbed popcorn.

Em Makimo, you are totally nit-picking with what the thread is called. I am new to boards.ie and j

Right since your new here I'll clue you in on the thread title and why I'm not "nit-picking".

Start a thread like "bouncers in Dublin" - "Taxi drivers in Dublin" - "Bar staff in Dublin", and in a very short space of time the thread takes on a life of its own and everyone is in with their tales of woe and how badly treated they were in (insert club name).

As is people's habit, no one comes in telling of good service from bouncers, taxi drivers, bar staff, 'till check out staff etc.

And the thread turns into a rant - now, get where I'm coming from now?.

• Advertisement

Understood

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If it's the club I'm thinking of their power hungry muppets on the door.

Go to youtube and search Bouncers at "name of the club" Assault Crowd After Home Star Runner gig.

If it's the club I'm thinking of their power hungry muppets on the door.

Go to youtube and search Bouncers at "name of the club" Assault Crowd After Home Star Runner gig.

Handled exceptionally well, and the thread is locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Handled exceptionally well, and the thread is locked.

Well me and my mates have had a first hand experience of them bouncers (unlucky for one of the small bouncers who grabbed my 6 odd foot mate :D), I've been in dozens of pubs/clubs in Ireland and abroad and them bouncers are by far the worse I've ever dealt with, blow things totally out of proportion and love their power mad egos. My opinion, but I'm sure others will agree.

Thread ain't locked either Mak!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

lost the key there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement