Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: free or cheap 2nd hand furniture

• 18-03-2011 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just bought a house and we're trying to furnish on the cheap so I'd really appreciate if anyone could tell me where to go for free or cheap 2nd hand furniture. I'm already on freecycle for Limerick and Ennis as well as jumbletown and adverts.ie. Thanks for reading this, Niamh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Hi Niamh,

Limerick Animal Welfare have a furniture shop beside their main shop, on Parnell Street. The SVdP also have a furniture place in a little laneway off Little Catherine Street (between Bean a Tí and O' Connell's.) I think there is a secondhand furniture place out in Thomondgate too, on the left before Hassett's Cross? I think it's called JJ's. Keep an eye on www.jumbletown.ie as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rf29

Hi Niamh,

I have some old sofas, beds, chairs etc I am looking to offload. Located near Thomond Park, PM me if you want further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 neevodee

Thanks for the advice Boomerang will definitely check those out.

Thanks a mil rf29 sent you a pm there. Talk soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 madman21

I don`t think ull get furniture free :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

madman21 wrote: »
    why not? ive gotten loads of free stuff over the years. my most notable one is a free dishwasher in fully working order, still used today.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Free cheap(ish) furniture there is a place off the dock road behind dwyers car dealership that sells reasonably priced furniture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

got a dinner table and 6 chairs out in shed that i may be looking to get rid of soon enough, chairs are nothing special but as far as i remember the table is nice enough, old style circular mahog coloured oak i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Thread of the day :P

Thanks a mil but we have a kitchen table and chairs, kindly donated to us by my boyfriend's aunt and uncle. If you're looking for someone to take them if you put them up on www.jumbletown.ie they'll be gone in a flash.

Cheers,
    Niamh
    zuroph wrote: »
    got a dinner table and 6 chairs out in shed that i may be looking to get rid of soon enough, chairs are nothing special but as far as i remember the table is nice enough, old style circular mahog coloured oak i think.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tip Mark I'll check them out.

Cheers,

Niamh
    MarkR wrote: »
    Free cheap(ish) furniture there is a place off the dock road behind dwyers car dealership that sells reasonably priced furniture.

You'd be suprised madman!! :)
    madman21 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

you most certainly can get furniture and household items for FREE AND MY HOUSE IS LIVING PROOF. It is a complete mismatch but rearing a family on disability has not graced us the luxury of being able to buy items new,at the moment I am on the look out for beds of wood or the iron frames due to divans having colapsed .Anyway my point is I am among the many people who are grateful to all those who do pass on their items..I in turn pass on items from clothes to furniture toys games and anything else my family outgrows...

It's all about karma, if you give some stuff away then the stuff you need will be there for you too I think :) I gave a load of stuff away before we moved and I've taken stuff as well for the new house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Check out www.jumbletown.ie, its an excellent site for anyone who wants to give stuff away for free and for anyone looking for free items.
    Its based on stopping good furniture etc going to landfill when someone some where could make use of it.

Advertisement