Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography fieldwork

• 18-03-2011 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

anyone any guidelines on how to fill up the booklet and what information needs to go in each section ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

anyone any guidelines on how to fill up the booklet and what information needs to go in each section ?

Shouldn't your teacher be telling you this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

It will all depend on what option you selected but I'll try give the basics if I can.

Intro: Put your aims here. Bullet point the tasks you aim to complete in your study. Keep it short and concise.

Planning: The prep work you did. Books you consulted, websites, choices you made as a class etc. Again keep this short and concise.

Gathering: Go through each individual aim completely. Leave nothing out! (I'd advise you to do a trial run first before writing into your exam booklet...I went way over the limit on my first go). Two of these aims need to be in major detail. The others, if any, you can just gloss over.

Results: Here you need all the facts/figures you found out. Bullet points. No opinions to be given here. No discussions. Each result should be a very short sentence.

Conclusions: Here you put down the ideas you got after finding out your results. e.g "We concluded that tourism in this town could be severly affected by the rate of coastal erosion taking place here, as indicated by the destructive wave action we recorded. This is shown by the wave frequency of 14.7 waves per minute."

Evaluation: How you felt the field study went. Things you thought went well, problems you encountered, things you would have done differently.

Also, your graphs/diagrams are extremely important; especially in the Gathering section. Make sure you use a good variety of graphs e.g bar/pie/trend. Use colour where possible. Title everything and label even the smallest things in diagrams. Make sure everything can be easily understood without having to look too hard for the information.

Hope all that is some help. Best of Luck!

Advertisement