Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

average mark in history project ???

• 18-03-2011 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

anyone know what is the average mark ? is it marked easy ? hard ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

My teacher told us it was very possible to get full marks, as long as you do everything right... so no its probably not marked very hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

anyone know what is the average mark ? is it marked easy ? hard ?

There's no such thing as marking easy or hard. It's marked according to a marking scheme. If you have completed the project to the standard laid out in the marking scheme you will get your marks, if you haven't you won't. Of course it's possible to get full marks in the project. It's possible to get full marks in any subject, if you have done it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭pbffan

Two lads I know last year got full marks in it and they certainly didn't kill themselves. I handed up a draft of mine a few weeks and the teacher said that she's fairly confident I'll be getting 100 too provided I make one of two changes, that sorta thing.

The thing is that you don't need to be perfect. Just hit the key points, keep it in line with your aims/objectives and follow the structure. You don't need to worry about your phrasing, level of English or anything like that. Just do your thang & you'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

pbffan wrote: »
    Two lads I know last year got full marks in it and they certainly didn't kill themselves. I handed up a draft of mine a few weeks and the teacher said that she's fairly confident I'll be getting 100 too provided I make one of two changes, that sorta thing.

The thing is that you don't need to be perfect. Just hit the key points, keep it in line with your aims/objectives and follow the structure. You don't need to worry about your phrasing, level of English or anything like that. Just do your thang & you'll be grand :)

This pretty much. Entirely possible to get full marks if your project is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Cant remember what year it was,in the last 4 anyway,Our history teacher gave us a handout that said the average mark was 89 out of 100 for that year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

Average mark for history project is approx. 97%. Taking into account the people who don't bother handing it up/put in no work and get less than 50%, this is saying something. There is no reason why you shouldn't get full marks in it, unless your teacher is God awful. Make sure your outline plan and review of process are synchronised. Don't put anything down in your review of process that you didn't mention in your outline plan and vice versa... There has to be a flow to your project otherwise it'll look like you haven't really done all the things you said you did...

So ya, 97%. The exam is the tricky bit ;) Gl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Average mark for history project is approx. 97%. Taking into account the people who don't bother handing it up/put in no work and get less than 50%, this is saying something. There is no reason why you shouldn't get full marks in it, unless your teacher is God awful. Make sure your outline plan and review of process are synchronised. Don't put anything down in your review of process that you didn't mention in your outline plan and vice versa... There has to be a flow to your project otherwise it'll look like you haven't really done all the things you said you did...

So ya, 97%. The exam is the tricky bit ;) Gl
    Pretty sure it's lower than that. Heard 90. In saying that, most people use the project as a base to bump up their grade a good bit, so they take it seriously.

Advertisement