Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wind Deflector Screen?

• 18-03-2011 11:41am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading on a trip and going to be doing a lot of miles at 120km+ - and my bike, a Ducati Monster 620ie is Naked, so the wind gets fairly full on. A mate said I should look at getting a wind deflector screen as they really help. Not sure where to look but can i just get a generic one or do i need some specifically for my bike? Has anyone got one of these for their bike?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/section/screens/screens_headlight_covers/other.html

Shows a 600, not a 620.

You could also try pyramid plastics. Tho I dont see a specific screen listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Givi have a selection of universal screens as do Puig- I'd post a thread on Ducatisti.org and find out what they recommend. Most small screens only do an average job of providing wind protection - I've had them on my last two bikes and once you hit 130kph they are useless anyway.

Unless you are blasting to Nice on the autoroute you won't be spending that long at high speed because Frog plod will spend the whole time in your wallet.

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm heading on a trip and going to be doing a lot of miles at 120km+ - and my bike, a Ducati Monster 620ie is Naked, so the wind gets fairly full on. A mate said I should look at getting a wind deflector screen as they really help. Not sure where to look but can i just get a generic one or do i need some specifically for my bike? Has anyone got one of these for their bike?

People buy these bikes cause they look cool but as soon as you put some horses into the back wheel and go for a serious spin? Well you realise that you will need arms like a friggin orangutan to hold on for more than 5 miles at anything over 50mph.

IMHO I'd sell it and buy a factory faired bike, just so happens I have an empty spot in the garage and need a cheap naked

Clyde

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Antiquo wrote: »
    People buy these bikes cause they look cool but as soon as you put some horses into the back wheel and go for a serious spin? Well you realise that you will need arms like a friggin orangutan to hold on for more than 5 miles at anything over 50mph.

IMHO I'd sell it and buy a factory faired bike, just so happens I have an empty spot in the garage and need a cheap naked

Clyde

:pac::pac::pac:

This you Clyde?

Every Which Way But Loose - Clyde

Advertisement