Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

inport PS1

• 18-03-2011 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭

hi guys i am thinking of getting a US PS1 cause i want to get the likes of parasite eve and persona to you know if the ps1 would work on my tv or would i need to get something else to make it work thanks all

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You could just get a PS1 chipped, much handier. Also means you can play both parts of Persona 2 since the US only got the second part and the first part is only playable in english with a copied game that has been patched with a fan translation. Also you are better off playing Persona 1 on the PSP because on the PS1 the localisation is terrible and they cut half the game out. If you can find a swap disk it might be another way to go.

All you will need really is an RGB cable. US games in 60Hz might not work on your TV through RF and AV composite, with RGB it will definitely work. Also RGB gives you a huge increase in visual quality so it's pretty much essential anyway. If you do go for a US model then you'll need a transformer to plug it in so you don't blow the power supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Also if you happen to have a PSP or PS3 and a US PSN account you can download Parasite Eve for $6. PE2 is coming to it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You could just get a PS1 chipped, much handier. Also means you can play both parts of Persona 2 since the US only got the second part and the first part is only playable in english with a copied game that has been patched with a fan translation. Also you are better off playing Persona 1 on the PSP because on the PS1 the localisation is terrible and they cut half the game out. If you can find a swap disk it might be another way to go.

All you will need really is an RGB cable. US games in 60Hz might not work on your TV through RF and AV composite, with RGB it will definitely work. Also RGB gives you a huge increase in visual quality so it's pretty much essential anyway. If you do go for a US model then you'll need a transformer to plug it in so you don't blow the power supply.

Any idea where the best place to get a chipped PS1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

dmcdante wrote: »
    Any idea where the best place to get a chipped PS1

I've two spare chips (Amacachi hasn't got back to me so I can only assume he doesn't want them). If you have a PS1 or if you want to pick one up I can sort you out.

EnterNow wrote: »
    I've two spare chips (Amacachi hasn't got back to me so I can only assume he doesn't want them). If you have a PS1 or if you want to pick one up I can sort you out.
    If you are ever in cork i would love to take one off your hands

• Advertisement

If you are ever in cork i would love to take one off your hands

I can post a chip down to you if you wish?

I can post a chip down to you if you wish?
    Are they hard to fit??
    Does the chip make it region free

Are they hard to fit??
    Does the chip make it region free

Can you solder? :D

Yep region free.

Can you solder? :D

Yep region free.

No last time i tryed thst was in school about 10 years ago and did not end well:D
    How much would one of the chipped ps1 cost

No last time i tryed thst was in school about 10 years ago and did not end well:D
    How much would one of the chipped ps1 cost

Ah cool, I wouldn't recommend trying then as some of the points on the ps1 motherboard are small enough.

€5 each, i've only 2 left

• Advertisement

Ah cool, I wouldn't recommend trying then as some of the points on the ps1 motherboard are small enough.

€5 each, i've only 2 left

So i would send up my ps1 and you could chip it for me

So i would send up my ps1 and you could chip it for me

Either that or find someone locally who's handy at soldering, that way would be best as the postage would drive up the cost to stupid levels for you.

That should be ok to do so can you PM me you address and i will send up the money to you if that is ok

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You could just get a PS1 chipped, much handier. Also means you can play both parts of Persona 2 since the US only got the second part and the first part is only playable in english with a copied game that has been patched with a fan translation. Also you are better off playing Persona 1 on the PSP because on the PS1 the localisation is terrible and they cut half the game out.

Hi Retro where would be the best place to pick up the first part of persona 2??I am playing persona 1 at the moment on the psp and am loving it i would get it for the PS1 more just to have then to play really

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you want eternal punishment you need to get it from ebay and prepare to empty your wallet to afford it.

For innocent sin you can get the translation from here: http://tsumi.wordpress.com/

or from romhacking.net

As for the game, I can't tell you, use your imagination.

Thanks retro

Persona 2 innocent sin is getting a PSP release and with how good Atlus have been you can be sure that it will make it to the west so maybe hang on for that.

Advertisement