If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB compatibility with 37PFL7605H

Options
  • 18-03-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys,

I recently bought a 37PFL7605H and a BDP2700 from the Philips shop. I tried to watch some material contained on a USB key using firstly the blu-ray player and secondly the tv, but neither machine would even recognise the key - I selected the "browse USB" option on both and it stated that there was no drive present. The files were in mp4, avi and mkv format and the key works fine on my partner's iMac. Any ideas?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Stilt,

I've had a quick look into the user manual section of this on your television. Video files are subject to many many different codec but the user manual does give guidelines to what you can use. You also need to format your usb either FAT or DOS for it to work with the TV.

Supported multimedia connections
    USB (FAT or DOS-formatted; Mass
    Storage Class-compliant only)
    SD card slot
    Ethernet UTP5

Supported audio/video files*
    AVI (*.avi):
    video: MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 ASP
    audio: MPEG Layer 2/3, AC3
    MPEG (*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.vob):
    video: MPEG-1, MPEG-2
    MPEG (*.mp2, *.mp3, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.vob):
    audio: MPEG-1 Layer 2, MPEG-1 Layer 3,
    LPCM, AC3
    MPEG-4 (*.mp4):
    video: MPEG-4 AVC (H.264, L2-CIF, L4-HD)
    audio: AAC-LC, HE-AAC

*Multimedia file names must not exceed
    128 characters.

Supported audio/video files *

WMV (*.wmv):
    video: WMV9/VC1
    WMA (*.wma):
    audio: WMA (v2 to v9.2)
    MKV (*.mkv):
    video: H.264
    audio: HE-AAC, AC3

* Multimedia file names must not exceed
    128 characters.

I do not use a MAC I'm afraid but when I copy files onto the USB's in work I usually use the DivX format or AVI with success. You are more than welcome to pop in to the store with the USB thats a bother, and I can check it out here to see if we can't find out the issue.

Please don't hesitate to give us a call on (01)4740788.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stilt

Thanks Nicola, for the exhaustive post! We suspected it might be the file system but couldn't find anything in the literature to hand that confirmed it. Luckily I have a windows based machine, so I'll try using USB keys and SD cards with the tv and blu-ray player and see how I get.

Thanks again for the helpful post.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

stilt wrote: »
    Thanks Nicola, for the exhaustive post! We suspected it might be the file system but couldn't find anything in the literature to hand that confirmed it. Luckily I have a windows based machine, so I'll try using USB keys and SD cards with the tv and blu-ray player and see how I get.

Thanks again for the helpful post.

Stilt,

the easier way may be to grab the PTA01 - this is the wifi dongle, but it also comes with a free licence of Philips Media Connect:

http://live.philips.com/index.php/en_gb/video/wi-fi-mediaconnect/111972122001

Have a look here - it will mean that you don't have to worry about file types anymore - once it plays on the PC Screen - it will play on your TV and give you total freedom!

We have the PTA01 available from stock at just £49.95 (and I'm sure we can do you a Boardie price on that as well ;))

Sorry for butting in!

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stilt

Not at all John! I had thought about one of these, but between USB and external drives we should be set. Macs can work with DOS formatted sticks so it's just a question of remembering which is which :D

Thanks again for all your help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.