Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question regarding travelling to a game

Options
  • 18-03-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Lads, im heading to the home game against Birmingham and for the first time il be flying into Stanstead and getting the Stanstead express, my question is after the game would i get back to the airport in time for a 8.15pm flight home if the kickoff is at 4pm?
    Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

marty2002 wrote: »
    Lads, im heading to the home game against Birmingham and for the first time il be flying into Stanstead and getting the Stanstead express, my question is after the game would i get back to the airport in time for a 8.15pm flight home if the kickoff is at 4pm?
    Thanks in advance....

You should be ok ! Where are you sitting ? You might want to leave a couple of mins before the end to avoid congestion getting out of the ground, especially if you are in the Upper tier of a stand. Have you considered going to Northumberland Park after the game rather than Tottenham Hale for the train ? Most of the lads use NP when going in and out of Stansted.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Is Northumberland park closer? im sitting in the north stand lower directly behind the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Is Northumberland park closer? im sitting in the north stand lower directly behind the goal.

Yes it's closer. Go around passed the east stand on to park lane, and walk a couple of mins down the road and you cant miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

look into any potential engineering works on the stanstead express - especially since its a sunday game.

i was over witht he brothers for the charlton game in the cup in jna and we rented a car for the day - parked in the irish centre up from WHL train station , but you would deffo have to leave before the end of the game to avod the traffic from the lane

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

Thanks in advance....
    i think you will be cutting it very fine!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Bit tight alright. Also Security in Stanstead tends to be much busier on a Sunday night than a Saturday.
    Question on NP, does the Stanstead Express actually stop there after the game or do you get a train down to T. Hale and join it there (I have done the latter)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

WHL wrote: »
    Bit tight alright. Also Security in Stanstead tends to be much busier on a Sunday night than a Saturday.
    Question on NP, does the Stanstead Express actually stop there after the game or do you get a train down to T. Hale and join it there (I have done the latter)

dont think it stops at NP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

WHL wrote: »

The Express doesn't stop for weekend games but there is an hourly slow train from Stratford to Stansted that stops at NP. That takes about 55mins, and leaves NP at about quarter to each hour.

For midweek evening games some of the Exppress services seem to stop, the one I caught from Tottenham Hale after the Milan game did anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

OK guys. Thanks for that. Will keep going from NP to TH

Advertisement