Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touchpad Suddenly Not Working! HELP!

Options
  • 18-03-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

Model: Dell Inspiron 1525 ( 2 - 3 years old)
    Touchpad: ALPS Electronics

Problem: Scrolling on touchpad has suddenly stopped working. Buttons are working. Cursor is working perfectly with mouse...but i really need the touchpad back!

I updated to Windows 7 from Vista six months ago... haven't had a single problem. I've updated the touchpad drivers on Dell Support.

I always suspect malware/virus when cursor starts acting up. Nod32 (full version) didnt detect anything...so I ran AVG and it found loads...horrified! Got rid of Nod and was advised by a friend in IT to get Bitdefender (which has worked great...laptop is working alot faster and smoother) but touchpad still not scrolling.

Please Advise...is this an issue i can resolve at home (with your assistance) or should i take laptop into repair shop!

This is my college laptop...and its coming up the busiest time of year...I do have everything backed up if something should happen...but i really want to sort this touchpad...

Comments

Advertisement