Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW SITE.

• 18-03-2011 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Well lads,was wondering about opening a new site,have been building and planning this the last couple of months.and was wondering if any of you guys would come dwn from dublin as the site is based about 6 miles or so from kinnegad.all in all its about a 30-40 minute drive from the the city.you dont even have to come down the m1 you can go through sommerhill,ballivor and into kinnegad,the site is actually situated about 2 miles from ratharney.really easy to get to.plzzz get back ot me about it.:)[/I][/B]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

your best bet is to post pictures and promote it before you open it to try get as much interest as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭scar guy

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    your best bet is to post pictures and promote it before you open it to try get as much interest as you can.

well i need to know b4 i go spending money.our website will be up running soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

I'm sure most people will visit your site at least once. It's up to you to ensure they keep coming back. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭VonLuck

scar guy wrote: »
    Well lads,was wondering about opening a new site,have been building and planning this the last couple of months.and was wondering if any of you guys would come dwn from dublin as the site is based about 6 miles or so from kinnegad.all in all its about a 30-40 minute drive from the the city.you dont even have to come down the m1 you can go through sommerhill,ballivor and into kinnegad,the site is actually situated about 2 miles from ratharney.really easy to get to.plzzz get back ot me about it.:)[/I][/B]

I'd say its closer to an hours drive if coming from the city. I'd definitely be interested as its only a 20 minute drive for me. Do you have any more details besides the location? What is the site like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

its very hard to make sure people are defo gona turn up.

most players like the sites they go to,
    and tend to go mainly to that site.

and the players that go to different sites, can take a couple of weeks to go back to the same one.

• Advertisement

well i live in longford but my oul fella owns land in westmeath so were sayin that it be a good idea to start one there as there is nowhere between dublin and sligo so.anyways its about 28 acres of woodland,all natural,were building a state of the art CQB area,as these are hard com by.i was thinking of opening in april.but will be more like june.will set up website within next few weeks under the name Borderland Airsoft.tell me ideas plzzzzz.and get people told about it plzzzzzzzz wud be very helpful.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

well i will go just for you, always great to see someone opening a new site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

I've yet to see some trenches at a site, but that could be for a reason (the weather).

But anyway good luck with the site, will have a look at the website too when its up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

richieffff wrote: »
    I've yet to see some trenches at a site, but that could be for a reason (the weather).

But anyway good luck with the site, will have a look at the website too when its up :)

thats a great idea, use an acre for ww1 trench warfare, link all the trenches up and you have something unique

Yeah it would make for different game styles and I've always wanted to try trench warfare :D

If the trenches were all linked it would certainly stop people from camping and spraying over the top if they knew that they could easily be flanked.

A strong hold in the woodland that has a high barrier(about 5ft.) around it (made from branches and stuff, no pallets please) and if it was below ground to a level where the guns would be level with the bottom of the barrier would make for a nice defense game.
    EDIT: Saw that one on a video of Wexford Airsoft Club. Couldn't remember where I saw it, still though its a great addition.

• Advertisement

thats a good idea,tot of a trench meself.i can clear some of the drains and ditches out and build barriers around it.keep the good ideas in.:)

Is there any kind of a stream or a deep natural trench? A large-ish bridge with some defence ,natural or man made, would make a nice "blow the bridge" style game or something along those lines.

theres bits of streams and ditches.i could make a man made bridge real easy.when site is up and runing i will need help from you very experienced guys to organise games.i already have a good clan from longford(20)people interested in gaming. i myself have been gaming since i was 15 and now i 17 so over two years experience.just trying to help spread this great sport all over the country.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eadyzrx1200

You dont need to be asking them Dubs sure plenty of us here in the midlands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

thats a good idea,tot of a trench meself.i can clear some of the drains and ditches out and build barriers around it.keep the good ideas in.:)

dude if your doing some trenches make sure you make it easy to get out of them to move to the next bit of cover.have some in oakridge and there a pain in the ass to get out of for us not so young and athlethic type of people:o

glicster wrote: »
    dude if your doing some trenches make sure you make it easy to get out of them to move to the next bit of cover.have some in oakridge and there a pain in the ass to get out of for us not so young and athlethic type of people:o

Some sort of make shift ladders along parts of the trenches maybe?

richieffff wrote: »
    Some sort of make shift ladders along parts of the trenches maybe?

that would be spot on dude.if their too shallow there hard to move in and if too deep hard to get out of so ye maybe some small makeshift ladders at either end would help the flow of games.
    good luck with the site bro

glicster wrote: »
    that would be spot on dude.if their too shallow there hard to move in and if too deep hard to get out of so ye maybe some small makeshift ladders at either end would help the flow of games.
    good luck with the site bro

cheers guys:)yere very very helpful:)keep them coming in.:)

Are there any buildings on site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

I'll try to get up too.

But what's the obsession with trenches from the country cousins.

You need machines to build trenches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Maybe an area with containers or those cabins (the ones in HRTA) connected together so it's to make a CQB area. About ten would do the trick :) ...maybe more... :P Join them to make one large floor plan

D.B.

Arkslippy wrote: »
    I'll try to get up too.

exactly you need a digger and lo loader and lots of bobs to run it.but there is loads of natural trenches that ill clear up.im afriad there is no old ruins or anything like that.but theres loads of little huts and towers were planning to build so!!!!!:)

and here scar,if your building anything with timber,screws hold better than nails.i kno of one site that most timber structures have collapsed and theres nails protruding everywhere

yea nails loosen everything while screws titn everything.again for more info on this email me at <snip> i hope to get everything underway by maybe just maybe end of may.but prob be june.so!!!!!!:)ill also have rentals of gear and guns and mags and stuff.as my friend owns a camo shop in longford.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Spike

Arkslippy wrote: »
    I'll try to get up too.

Trenches n bunkers are kick ass, get the auld spades and pick-axes out, thats what I had to do and the best thing about it is it costs nothing and byjesus keeps ya in shape. Grab a load of willing mates to help dig, make a day of it, its good craic.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Villafan6

sorry to **** on your parade here, but have you thought about things such as insurance etc

obviously yea:)

I remember when I met you, you were quite young would it be possible to get insurance

Villafan6 wrote: »
    I remember when I met you, you were quite young would it be possible to get insurance

my older brother is running it.also my dad il help out.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

I have wanted to get involved in the running of a site for a long time, If you need staff I would be more than willing! :D

I have wanted to get involved in the running of a site for a long time, If you need staff I would be more than willing! :D

well not necessasarly staff.but experienced older lads to help out running games and stuff to that affect.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Hmm you'll only be around 40 minutes away and after MAZ closed its hard to get anywhere.
    Defiantly drop down when its up and running and if ya need a hand with anything give me a shout. what size of a site we talking about, 1 acre, 5 acre etc

were talking guts of 30 acres of woodland,swamp and bog.

were talking guts of 30 acres of woodland,swamp and bog.

Sweet, a mix of building and open terrain, personally, would the best. You can get more game scenarios in and incorporate the built up and woodland/ swamp into it.
    When ya get pics ill defiantly be interested in those :)
    Anyway good luck and if ya need me im in Clane so i can get up easy enough

Cool sounds good I'll try and get down if you open

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 theman 61

some of the reasons why trenches are not common on sites is because insurance . they can be sticky at times . hav you sorted insurence out yet as this is more importnt than land to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kevlar29

Hey, not to sound mean or anything but I was talking to someone on this with more 'experience' on boards, are you not this guy? ie. Banned? Like apparently its the same email etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 theman 61

who me ?? or scar guy

Scar_Guy, Similar name too.

EDIT: Not trying to stir **** or anything just a comment :)

Just saying from experience, drop that line of conversation Kevlar 29 and it would be an idea for Scar_Guy to leave it alone too and keep the thread on topic.
    If there is an infringement mods will deal with it quick enough, coincidents happen.

• Advertisement

Oh ok, I'll leave it then. I take back what I said, Good luck with the site :)

kevlar29 wrote: »
    Oh ok, I'll leave it then. I take back what I said, Good luck with the site :)

thats me other brother who moved to england for the army.and another that is completely none of your business:mad:try and get something else to do with your time.

thats me other brother who moved to england for the army.and another that is completely none of your business:mad:try and get something else to do with your time.

Leave it out, I'm just goin' off what my mate told me :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Lads, if you have a problem with another user then please report posts or pm a mod with your concerns.

I'll investigate this but any more public accusations will result in bans. We appreciate the help but there are ways to go about this. :)

kevlar29 wrote: »
    Leave it out, I'm just goin' off what my mate told me :/

sorry for bein so angry

Steve wrote: »
    Lads, if you have a problem with another user then please report posts or pm a mod with your concerns.

I'll investigate this but any more public accusations will result in bans. We appreciate the help but there are ways to go about this. :)

Sorry about that.

sorry for bein so angry

It's grand, sorry about accusing you like that.

Hmm reminds me of Ambush Airsoft, great sniping area.

Glad everyones friends again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

If that's the site, there's a serious amount of clearing to do before some work can be done...

pretty good area, lots of trees :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement