Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exposing Disney Recycled Animations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Childhood ruined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Is there anything they haven't recycled the cheapskates :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Good vid. Got me wondering, do kids still watch all the disney films?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Good vid. Got me wondering, do kids still watch all the disney films?

i would :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ViDuchie

My Guess, is it's more of a tribute from one director to another director/group of animators more than anything else. I think it's cool that they did it.

Cmon like if it wasn't then they would have mixed it up just a little bit more instead of being a near frame for frame replication of movement. No need to get upset.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

ViDuchie wrote: »
    My Guess, is it's more of a tribute from one director to another director/group of animators more than anything else. I think it's cool that they did it.

Cmon like if it wasn't then they would have mixed it up just a little bit more instead of being a near frame for frame replication of movement. No need to get upset.

Either that or some lazy git in Disney animation just got rattled .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

In fairness most of that footage was recycled into Robin Hood in 1973 (Although it looked like they reused animation from 1950s Cinderella in 1959s Sleeping Beauty near the end. The 70s 'till the mid 80s were a bad time for Disney. Rushed and cheap (ie, recycled) animation. Anything to get an animated film out there really. Check out the brilliant doc "Waking Sleeping Beauty". It's pretty frank about that period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

ViDuchie wrote: »

puuuulease...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotoscoping

They may still be using the original Disney live footage to maintain a Disney look.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

That must have took him feckin ages to find the scenes that are the same in all those films :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Disney still wins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Does it save that much time though? all the charecters need to be redrawn for each frame anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Does it save that much time though? all the charecters need to be redrawn for each frame anyway?

they would save alot of time on storyboards and layout and alot of management stuff. Alot of the dancing sequences were obviously done on a static background so just slip in a new background and recolour the clothes and hey presto new disney sequence.

Advertisement