Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance

Options
  • 18-03-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hi i just got the news that my hours will be cut to 3 days a week and was thinking of applying for rent allowance now my landlord is not registered so does that mean i cant get the rent allowance or does that not matter?

and if they would consider to register as landlords what would that cos them and how to do it?
    would really appriciate some help thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ikazimirs wrote: »
    hi i just got the news that my hours will be cut to 3 days a week
    On a side note, pop into your local welfare office, and look into 3 days of dole a week. You're eligible if you go from a 5 day to a 3 day week, IIRC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Go see your community welfare officer and he will fill you in or first go see your nearest citizen advice centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If you're on short-time (a three day week counts) you're entitled to three days worth of Jobseekers Benefit. For JA/JB you're considered to be available for work six days a week so you get half (three sixths) of a week's dole not two fifths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dunnie7

Hi

I am living in my parents house and both my parents are alcoholics. I am currently unemployed and it looks like i will be for the next while. I feel i cant live here any longer. Its all too much for me. is there any way i could get rent allowance? or any other type of help to get out of this house.
    Thank you very much

Advertisement