Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

play area in garden

Options
  • 18-03-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

i am going to buy a swingset and slide for the kids in april. the grass area of the lawn where i want to put it is very wet.

i hear those mats for under swings are good, but i'm wondering if the area was dug up and a liner put on and bark mulch on top of the liner...would that work, or is that very messy?

would love to get some advice
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

The mats are great, but very expensive.
    Chipped bark is ok, and I will probably do this myself - liner underneath as you suggested. Just make sure you do it to a good depth and not too rough a cut in case of splinters etc.

At the moment I have the slide and swing on grass!
    If you keep it regulary mowed, it shouldnt be a problem.

Most kids slides come with fixings to hammer them into the ground.

We have TP stuff (http://www.tptoys.com/), its the best imo, very study and well thought out.
    You can get it in Smyths
    You are supposed to concrete this stuff in, but we've had no trouble.

The double swing with one swing as a pirate boat is a great favourite with the kids

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Don't know what you mean by liner, but if solid, it would hold water and perhaps make things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Mothman wrote: »
    Don't know what you mean by liner, but if solid, it would hold water and perhaps make things worse.

It would be the black cloth membrane, used for weed surppressing.
    Blocks light but lets in water

Advertisement