Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jets @ The Bailey last night

Options
  • 18-03-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

A few photos from Lewis Doyle's Rockabilly night in the Bailey last night.

The Jets rocked... they did a cover of Eddie Cochran's "C'mon Everybody" that made the hair on my neck stand.

5537419190_4dfc175b59.jpg

5537418466_e5b9100ba9.jpg

5536843697_50498373e1.jpg

5537420950_5e9f495793.jpg

5536839529_479780675d.jpg

5537416434_8d8cdb4293.jpg

5536840001_ffc9542922.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

jpb1974 - what age are you? I thought that only old farts like me liked Eddie Cochran. Funny thing is I didn't know anything about the Bailey gig but quite by chance I listened to two of my favourite Eddie Cochran tracks (Summertime Blues and C'mon Everybody) on Grooveshark yesterday - first time that I've heard them since 1972 or thereabouts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Heading towards 37 JD... but anyone who grew up in the Shannon in the mid to late eighties would know who Eddie Cochrane was as it was a ritual in of any the Community Centre or Hut discos to have a rock n' roll set where the likes of Burthy Brooks, Charlie O'Brien, Paul Ryan and Eugene Corrigan would do the 'bop' to such songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I should have guessed your age from your subtle username. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Heading towards 37 JD... but anyone who grew up in the Shannon in the mid to late eighties would know who Eddie Cochrane was as it was a ritual in of any the Community Centre or Hut discos to have a rock n' roll set where the likes of Burthy Brooks, Charlie O'Brien, Paul Ryan and Eugene Corrigan would do the 'bop' to such songs.

And as a 42 year old, anyone who grew up in the Shannon in the early to mid 80s would have seen those lads' bigger brothers doing the very same.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Bearhunter wrote: »
    And as a 42 year old, anyone who grew up in the Shannon in the early to mid 80s would have seen those lads' bigger brothers doing the very same.

That's right bearhunter. The rockabilly thing was extremely big in the Shannon in the early 80s. Plenty of Creps and Wickerpickers walked up and down the backway.

The likes of the Quirke familys Myles, Billy, Johnnie, Tom and Sheamie. The Doyle brothers Liam and Pat were Teddy boys but the younger brother John{DoDo} was into Madness and Mods bomber jacket and Doc boots. You also have the Dywer brothers Jimmy {duck}, Canno, (Paisley RIP and Hutchie RIP). The MacDonalds Lar and Pat {Mixo}. The Brooks brothers Joe, Batty, and Mulver. The Tinney brothers Larry {Goat}, Anthony {Yobby}, and Liam {Douser RIP},
    Kevin {Luigi} Moorehouse. Anthony {Squirt} Grant, John {Herman RIP }Corrigan and John Sullivan.
    There is a Photo doing the rounds at the moment taken on Vineger hill in the early 80's With most of the above mentioned in it along with a young Mick Delaney who was only a child in it.
    You also have the an older generation with the likes of Timmy Doyle, Martin Sheen {Sheeno}, Paddy (Rocky}Delaney, Jessie Quinn {RIP}, Terry o brian {Sunshine}, and the Moorehouse brothers, Tony and Nobby Aswell in the early 80's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Great post there scaller.... a lot of those names brings back a lot of memories

Canno and a few of the Quirke family were down the Bailey last Thursday night too... have a photo or two of the Canno.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Bloody hell, Scaller, you've raised a few ghosts there all right.

Advertisement