Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New beta android app (game)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Can I ask what happens to you when the application is not running.
    Can you be infected while you're not playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

tagoona wrote: »
    Can I ask what happens to you when the application is not running.
    Can you be infected while you're not playing?

Yes you can the map will always display your last known location, I am currently working on a notification service that will warning you when zombies are nearby, but for now you have to keep "looking over your shoulder" :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I've had a few crash reports now without my package name in there eg:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: bitmap size exceeds VM budget
    at android.graphics.Bitmap.nativeCreate(Native Method)
    at android.graphics.Bitmap.createBitmap(Bitmap.java:574)
    at com.google.android.maps.ZoomHelper.createSnapshot(ZoomHelper.java:444)
    at com.google.android.maps.ZoomHelper.beginZoom(ZoomHelper.java:194)
    at com.google.android.maps.MapView$2.onScaleBegin(MapView.java:371)
    at android.view.ScaleGestureDetector.onTouchEvent(ScaleGestureDetector.java:216)

Looks like a memory leak somewhere in the app, pretty hard to track down :(

draffodx wrote: »
    Looks like a memory leak somewhere in the app, pretty hard to track down :(

There are problems with the map view, I've taken some steps to try mitigate some of the problems, just need to do some testing. I've been scouring my code for potential leaks, and haven't spotted anything so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Getting a few force closes when I close this app.
    Will send on the reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Cool idea, Galway is getting overrun...get out now!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Was at lunch there today on Pearse street. I checked my status and was clean but had 2 zombies near by. I got my friend to install it then so he did and when he opened it he said there was an infected person right beside him. Me of course so I opened it up and infected him right away.

Some craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Its getting a bit dodgy here in waterford, I seem to be surrounded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Limerick is far too quiet! Nearest person to me at the moment is marcbrophy and he's clean.

Galway City is well infected though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

budgemook wrote: »
    Cool thanks, I have an idea. How about the uninfected can kill Zombies but make it harder than infection. Maybe 50 metres or something. Then the Zombie respawns as uninfected adter 3 days or something.

Zombies are always getting killed in the movies.
    Thats a good idea. Clean people just have to wait around to be infected! Not much else to do.

Iv been surviving well though considering im in Galway which is pretty over run

• Advertisement

cooperguy wrote: »
    Thats a good idea. Clean people just have to wait around to be infected! Not much else to do.

Iv been surviving well though considering im in Galway which is pretty over run

I will be doing stuff like this for the full version, which is a work in progress at the moment. There will be a level up system, and people will be able to fight back, and hopefully some achievements :D
    Thanks for the feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I got got

Damn you Satchmo DAMN YOU TO HELL mmmmmmmmmmmmmm bbbrrrraaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnssssssss

no to get working on north of Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Great idea for an app! Works perfectly on my SE X10 mini pro.

Have you started a thread in Zombie Survival? I'd say they'd be mad into it.

Great idea for an app! Works perfectly on my SE X10 mini pro.

Have you started a thread in Zombie Survival? I'd say they'd be mad into it.

Yeh there's a thread there, not much going on in it though, it's here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

longshanks wrote: »
    Its getting a bit dodgy here in waterford, I seem to be surrounded

Some fooker infected me :( I'm heartbroken haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

projectgtr wrote: »
    I got got

Damn you Satchmo DAMN YOU TO HELL mmmmmmmmmmmmmm bbbrrrraaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnssssssss

no to get working on north of Dublin

you have just gone and got ,got

i drove 40 miles to get you!!!

Martron wrote: »
    you have just gone and got ,got

i drove 40 miles to get you!!!

Haha no way.

yep , did it in stealth zombie mode too.

turned off location on my phone when i was in town. and only turned it back on when i had infected him!!!

ah i can see how this game will get good. especially if you go hunting people.

i think some people need to be of higher value to make them targets. there needs to be an incentive to both survive or be a zombie. perhaps you gain survival points for the length of time you survive for. and it costs you points to hide and heal etc etc.

you get points for revivving zombies. the oppisite when you are a zombie. you get death points..... etc etc/.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

turned off location on my phone when i was in town. and only turned it back on when i had infected him!!!

i think some people need to be of higher value to make them targets. there needs to be an incentive to both survive or be a zombie. perhaps you gain survival points for the length of time you survive for. and it costs you points to hide and heal etc etc.

you get points for revivving zombies. the oppisite when you are a zombie. you get death points..... etc etc/.
    Leader board def needed and maybe a notification of who infected you. Nice if you don't check for a while and the person has moved on.

Haha that's priceless. Getting all sneaky sneaky about it and all. Excellent work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Just joined the fray tonight. I was looking all isolated and stuff till a walker showed up about 5 miles away.

Just the two of us out here ....
    Im gonna have to keep my eye on this now.
    Satchmo
    ITS YOU !!! - KEEP AWAY !!
    Ste- wrote: »
    Yep twas me.
    Damn you !! sending zombies out to me !
    :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

got someone at pearse street today brings my tally to 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

haha town got hit bad! looks like howth would be a safe place to hide for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

There's a zombie in the carpark outside my gaff. I'm scared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Paparazzo wrote: »
    There's a zombie in the carpark outside my gaff. I'm scared

hes waiting for you

I quit out and used the task killer. Hopefully he can't see me now

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I quit out and used the task killer. Hopefully he can't see me now

He can :D you need to hide using the menu on the map view, if the zombie is in range, but this won't hide you forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Took a different route to work to get infect someone. My sincerest apologies to "Hrafyn" but I fupping love brains.

Took a different route to work to get infect someone. My sincerest apologies to "Hrafyn" but I fupping love brains.

Lol. This game is really taking off

• Advertisement

To pimp ninja ,

Hope you are enjoying your last few moments on this planet . Stealth zombie is activated and will be coming for you.

Signed

Satchm......brrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Looks like a bitta craic. Downloaded. No zombies go to IT Tallaght for the next cupla hours, thanks! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

1000+ users now, that's pretty impressive

To pimpninja aka. survivor............ welcome to the dark side!

I don't think the website has it....
    But a forum to talk (like this one here) , maybe broken down by region would be awesome
    Just think about taunting zombies in you're area, or congratulating them on a good hunt.
    Being able to message the user who infected you would also be nice.

BTW ,things are very lonely here in clare

• Advertisement

Lonely is good if you're clean. There's a zombie just outside my circle in an office. I'd say a trip to the jacks would put them in range.

Cork looks clean. A zombie would have a feast down there

As a clean person though, there's no objective.
    As others have said, the ability to attack a zombie with a "heal gun" or something, would make it more interesting

I'd love to be able to see the map on the web of the players
    but I know that would be abused in terms of figuring if people are close before turning on the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

It's mad to see on the map the amount of countries participating in this, there's zombies / survivors in Amsterdam, Paris, London, Trondheim .. the list goes on

To pimpninja aka. survivor............ welcome to the dark side!

Ahh NO fair !
    I were studying all morning :(

Time to wreak havoc !
    Nyom Nyom Nyom
    152761.jpg

Yes, please do. Did last nights update help? Do you still see the force close when you scan your finger, ie. just before the finger animation plays or is it unpredictable?

• Advertisement

The game still needs something for the survivors to do, even tho I have only been "playing" for one night as a Survivor, I wasnt actually doing anything.

Also - some sort of notification when you have been infected?
    I just loaded the app and my pin was red instead of blue.

Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    The game still needs something for the survivors to do, even tho I have only been "playing" for one night as a Survivor, I wasnt actually doing anything.

Also - some sort of notification when you have been infected?
    I just loaded the app and my pin was red instead of blue.

Working on stuff for survivors to do, will be a little while because I work full time, so only get to work on this at night and at weekends. Also working on a notification system that will run in the background.

Also the app is meant to vibrate an SOS pattern when you get infected, but there seems to be a bug that is breaking that, will look into it. The user info section on the main screen will tell you if you are infected also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I got an idea, How about, if someone gets infected they have 24 hours for a survivor to cure them or they become fully infected

Only thing I noticed is after the scan is complete it says scan cancelled but works perfectly other than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

That's a strange one! Haven't gotten the crash report yet, will check through old ones for anything that may have come from you before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Lestroni...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn it I thought I was safe in Dun Loaghaire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I had a problem where I was at home on the wireless, kept the wireless turned on, left the house, then went onto 3G and it was getting a connection error.

Once I disabled the wifi, it was grand off the 3G.

HTC Desire, Cyanogenmod7, Launcher Pro 0.8.2.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I had a problem where I was at home on the wireless, kept the wireless turned on, left the house, then went onto 3G and it was getting a connection error.

Once I disabled the wifi, it was grand off the 3G.

HTC Desire, Cyanogenmod7, Launcher Pro 0.8.2.

Thanks, will investigate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

draffodx wrote: »
    Lestroni...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn it I thought I was safe in Dun Loaghaire!

I know him. He's an awful b0llix :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement