Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New beta android app (game)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Dissenter .....boom on my way to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Watch out anyone along the M50 tomorrow night when I'm on my way home! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Crap! My GPS shows me as right slap bang in the centre of the M50!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Crap! My GPS shows me as right slap bang in the centre of the M50!

Exxxxccccccccccellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I got an idea, How about, if someone gets infected they have 24 hours for a survivor to cure them or they become fully infected

Good idea. Would involved me making a detour out to the kcr on the way home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Good idea. Would involved me making a detour out to the kcr on the way home

Thanks for the suggestions, working on getting a nice balanced battle going between humans and zombies, using a level up system. Hopefully I can get that added to the beta in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 Lenstroni

draffodx wrote: »
    Lestroni...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn it I thought I was safe in Dun Loaghaire!

Nowhere is safe draffodx! Muuuhahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D

As for you heebeejeeebus (if that is your real name), I know where you live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Boooourns

seanybiker wrote: »
    Some fooker infected me :( I'm heartbroken haha
    Martron wrote: »
    you have just gone and got ,got

i drove 40 miles to get you!!!

I got Seanybiker yesterday around 19.30, stop stealing my infections! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I wanted to reinstall this but according to the market it isn't compatible with my Desire anymore. Strange because it was working yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

sorry Anthony, Atay was hungry an had to have his fill of bbrrraaaiiinnssss nom nom nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Should have something if you pass a hospital u get healed and a one hour stun on zombies to escape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

tagoona wrote: »
    I don't think the website has it....
    But a forum to talk (like this one here) , maybe broken down by region would be awesome
    Just think about taunting zombies in you're area, or congratulating them on a good hunt.
    Being able to message the user who infected you would also be nice.

BTW ,things are very lonely here in clare

You're the person in Corofin! :D

My aunt lives there...I'm not going to hers any time soon though and we're both clean so we're good for the moment.

Vego wrote: »
    Should have something if you pass a hospital u get healed and a one hour stun on zombies to escape

Passing a hospital is a great idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Boooourns wrote: »
    I got Seanybiker yesterday around 19.30, stop stealing my infections! :D

I was wondering who that was. I didn't get anyone yet. I was sickened when I found out I was infected :( haha

Right I'm off to training but I think ill be hungry when I'm done nom nom nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just picked up a tweet from xdadevelopers about the app. Expect a few more zombers worldwide.
    Android: Stay Safe During the Zombie Apocalypse with Outbreak! Zombies for Android http://bit.ly/gx7WYJ

Just picked up a tweet from xdadevelopers about the app. Expect a few more zombers worldwide.
    Jaysus its bound to take off like crazy now with xda behind it.

It all started here, thanks for all the support! Will try very hard to get the new versison out soon, and working great! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

It all started here, thanks for all the support! Will try very hard to get the new versison out soon, and working great! :D

Well remember us little guys when you put a price on it ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just installed it. Unfortunately only two of us in Switzerland at the moment, will have to get some others to install it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Re: Hiding.

When a zombie is nearby you can only hide for 5 mins. This kinda sucks if you work nearby some infected. Your gonna have to keep hiding every 5 mins battery will be dead before the end of the day... any chance you could give an option to hide for longer?

Feck this stealth zombie stuff I is goingto paint the m1 red hehehehe here I come

Pimp Ninja wrote: »

When a zombie is nearby you can only hide for 5 mins. This kinda sucks if you work nearby some infected. Your gonna have to keep hiding every 5 mins battery will be dead before the end of the day... any chance you could give an option to hide for longer?
    How do you hide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

seanybiker wrote: »
    How do you hide?

Turn your phone off and hide in the wardrobe :p

Turn your phone off and hide in the wardrobe :p

Why didn't I think of that yesterday

Theres no hide button on the Desire. Pressing menu does nothing.

hiding not going to help you now pimp ninja!!!!

you should be hoping there is less people hiding now that your a ZOMBIE!!

Martron wrote: »
    hiding not going to help you now pimp ninja!!!!

you should be hoping there is less people hiding now that your a ZOMBIE!!

You checked out Lusk lately?

Let me get the guys from work into the game next week before another drive by. :-P

right ive got a bit of a proble,i went and got Alana but it doesnt show that i got her :confused::confused: Imconfused.com

Ah crap, I've just realised theres a zombie living close by my girlfriends house, not to mention a couple on the way down! Looks like I wont be visiting her this weekend!

• Advertisement

It's 15 minutes now

Theres no hide button on the Desire. Pressing menu does nothing.

There needs to be a zombie in range for you to hide. Updates coming as soon as I can get them finished, more for humans to do! :D

You checked out Lusk lately?

Let me get the guys from work into the game next week before another drive by. :-P

ah what the hell i thought you were " survivor" dam it...........

To the zombie mobile.......

well that did not take long * picks pimpninjas skull fragments out of teeth*

It's 15 minutes now

I was thinking of a few hours kinda thing, for during work and sleep.

There should also be some sort of privacy option so that the world doesn't know where you are/have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

cooperguy wrote: »
    Thats a good idea. Clean people just have to wait around to be infected! Not much else to do.

Iv been surviving well though considering im in Galway which is pretty over run

I knew I was tempting fate when I said that! Logged in this evening and I'm now unclean !! Who wants to admit to getting me!

On the plus side I now get to feast on braaains!!

This would be an amazing app if there was a real zombie invasion.

BKtje wrote: »
    Just installed it. Unfortunately only two of us in Switzerland at the moment, will have to get some others to install it :D

Is there a swiss version of boards? Or a swiss android forum you could post it on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not sure if this has been asked before but will there be a "Move to SD Card" option in the future? I know it's only 4mb or so but every bit helps (using a Nexus One). :)

How did the first zombie get infected? Looking ay Australia, there's 1 user in Perth...who happens to also be a zombie! FYI, Perth is the most isolated city on the planet! :p

Cupla zombies in Melbourne too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

How did the first zombie get infected? Looking ay Australia, there's 1 user in Perth...who happens to also be a zombie! FYI, Perth is the most isolated city on the planet! :p

Cupla zombies in Melbourne too!

There's one poor chap on his own in Guatemala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked before but will there be a "Move to SD Card" option in the future? I know it's only 4mb or so but every bit helps (using a Nexus One). :)

Use Titanium backup to move it, works with some apps that don't support move, does for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Is there a swiss version of boards? Or a swiss android forum you could post it on?

Yeah there is a small forum, will have to post it there. Already sent the word out on facebook :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Congrats on the front page of XDA.
    Keep the updates coming.
    Really enjoying it, running out of humans to infect tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Use Titanium backup to move it, works with some apps that don't support move, does for this

Cheers but it seems that's only for rooted phones, I forgot to mention mine isn't rooted. Not to worry I'll hold out and see if the option appears. :)

People have posted about seeing users in Melbourne and other places but I'm not seeing markers on my map. I'm only seeing users in Ireland...

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    People have posted about seeing users in Melbourne and other places but I'm not seeing markers on my map. I'm only seeing users in Ireland...

Hold you finger down on oz for a couple of seconds, you should see a message saying "Getting remote users". That will load users around the area where you pressed. I can't display all users at once because the phone probably couldn't handle it. I just show the 50 nearest you, and then you can show the 50 nearest any other point by doing a long press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hold you finger down on oz for a couple of seconds, you should see a message saying "Getting remote users". That will load users around the area where you pressed. I can't display all users at once because the phone probably couldn't handle it. I just show the 50 nearest you, and then you can show the 50 nearest any other point by doing a long press.

Can you do a more detailed break down in the Infected tab - ie by country etc. Having to hold your finger down on random places in the world is quite cumbersome.

I'm infected! Fùckers. I'm going to drive around Dublin infecting everyone :cool:

Cianos wrote: »
    Can you do a more detailed break down in the Infected tab - ie by country etc. Having to hold your finger down on random places in the world is quite cumbersome.

I will be adding this sort of information in the future yes. Beta is a work in progress, adding stuff as I go. Getting the game play done first, then I will be pumping out all sorts of stats.

Class! :D

So many users now!

BTW, I'm on SE X8 and it's working fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement